No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen some of the older ones go for $100-$150 so they go up to an extent and any first edition requires extreme protection IMO. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
      I've seen some of the older ones go for $100-$150 so they go up to an extent and any first edition requires extreme protection IMO. lol
      I think it's a different story with the older ones, as DMG probably wasn't printing nearly as many copies for the early ones. Again just my opinion though, but I'm also not someone who is afraid to read a book. If I'm buying a book, I'm buying it to be read, not sit on my shelf and look pretty (though looking pretty is a bonus).
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I dont read my books at all.

Comment

That depresses me.... lol

Instagram

Comment

My ereader is easier for me. I find books awkward.

Comment

I have to agree with Dan. Books deserve to be read. I love collecting and all, but I just feel that I owe it to the book as well as to the people who spent their time and effort on putting it together. Of course I do take precautions, such as taking the dj off and the like.

Comment

A few thoughts:
                - Dan, since you weren't supposed to have the digital copy of TWTTK and we weren't supposed to there can be no harm in sharing. OK, I could be wrong on that one.
                - I have never collected a book with thought of it's future value, I buy books I want to own and read.
                - With that said I do take good care of my books and I, like Pete, go through the books at the store to endure I am buying the best of the lot.

Comment

Like Martin, I pretty much buy what I want to read. Problem is I want to read a lot of whats out there so my TBR pile is growing while my wallet is shrinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                    Like Martin, I pretty much buy what I want to read. Problem is I want to read a lot of whats out there so my TBR pile is growing while my wallet is shrinking.
                    See my TBR list gets long, but my wallet not so small as I wait to actually purchase till it's time to read it. Especially since I do most of my reading on my tablet, the hardcovers I can pick up later when I'm on to that phase of my collecting, assuming it's something I would collect.

Instagram

Comment

Are you, a CD employee, suggesting people should not buy preorders? lol

Comment

Are you, a CD employee, suggesting people should not buy preorders? lol
                        Nope, just saying that my income doesn't allow for that.

Instagram

Comment

Neither does mine. lol. yet I have at least 4 items on preorder with CD right now. God Bless Capital One

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                            I usually take a bunch off the shelves and look them over and pick out the best one. This sometimes gets a lot of strange looks.
                            That's what I do - and get as well.

sk

Comment

I read all of my books, especially the S/L editions.
                              I've no present plans of selling any of my limiteds, and even if I would, I'd still read them.
                              And so what if I spill some coffee all over a King signature..I can always claim (in case I do decide to sell) King did this himself..

sk

Comment

I, much to my wife's chagrin, have never sold any books I have purchased to read/collect. However, a couple of years ago I had a box of about six books that were duplicates from grab bag purchases and I decided to trade them in at Powell's books. My wife was very happy when they gave me $110.00 credit for a small box of books.

Comment

Working...
                                X