Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I know nothing about the seller but someone has a Signed Limited of this on eBay starting at $49.99 with o bids currently. That would be a great deal for this book. It was a bargain at the original $100.00 price tag.
    It's a gorgeous book. I think I paid $150 aftermarket from another collector.

Comment

It is gorgeous. And worth a lot more than what I bid.

Comment

I am pretty sure it originally went for $100 and to me it was a bargain at that price!

Comment

April Nocturnal Reader's Box has arrived:

This month starts with a Dark Tower themed Baseball hat. Embroidered front and back, overall good quality:
          P1370716.jpgP1370717.jpg

A beer Koozie from an author and book I am unfamiliar with. Generally I do not find Koozies usefull:
          P1370718.jpg

Pretty cool pin based on Brian Keene's The Rising:
          P1370720.jpg

Bookmark has nice art but I can't place a reference. The Apex magazine appears to be a bonus as it is not listed in the table of contents:
          P1370722.jpg

A pretty cool reproduction of Mad Sweeney's coin from Neil Gaiman's American Gods:
          P1370723.jpg
          Last edited by Martin; 04-15-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

April Nocturnal Reader's Box, Books and Art:

This months new release was Unbury Carol by Josh Malerman. I got a signed copy:
            P1370727.jpgP1370728.jpgP1370729.jpg

The previous release this month is also a hardbound. David Mitchell's Slade House. This is an author I have wanted to read for a while so I am thrilled to add this to my To Be Read pile:
            P1370724.jpgP1370725.jpg

The art is interesting but not something I am excited about. It is inspired by John W. Campbell's Who Goes There:
            P1370731.jpg

Comment

Looking back at who signed that book, and seeing the size of it - $100 is a hell of a bargain! I'm glad that I was able to snag one when it was originally offered.

I am pretty sure it originally went for $100 and to me it was a bargain at that price!

Comment

And finally a family photo, list of contents and next month's announcement:

P1370734.jpgP1370732.jpgP1370733.jpg

Comment

The previous release this month is also a hardbound. David Mitchell's Slade House. This is an author I have wanted to read for a while so I am thrilled to add this to my To Be Read pile:
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]20574[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20575[/ATTACH]
                  I've only read one thing from Mitchell - Ghostwritten. A friend gave me a copy years ago as a WAY belated birthday present. I loved the book. I loved how all of the stories in it connected and it made excited to read other works of his - specifically Cloud Atlas. Sadly, other books got in the way, and now it's been seven and a half years (!!!) since I read Ghostwritten. (As an aside - wow! - where did time go?)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                    I've only read one thing from Mitchell - Ghostwritten. A friend gave me a copy years ago as a WAY belated birthday present. I loved the book. I loved how all of the stories in it connected and it made excited to read other works of his - specifically Cloud Atlas. Sadly, other books got in the way, and now it's been seven and a half years (!!!) since I read Ghostwritten. (As an aside - wow! - where did time go?)
                    I understand that. I have had The Bone Clocks and Cloud Atlas in my hands at Powell's many times but never pulled the trigger. The primary reason was always 'not sure when I will get to it'.

Comment

A couple of recent editions from Brian James Freeman (Editor and Author)

First up Detours:
                      Pleasantly surprised to see a couple of Authors were able to sign this one as well.
                      P1370735.jpgP1370736.jpgP1370737.jpg

Some great art in this one, here is just a sample:
                      P1370739.jpgP1370740.jpgP1370741.jpg

Comment

And Lost and Lonely:
                        P1370742.jpgP1370743.jpgP1370744.jpg

Comment

Nice new BJF adds, Martin! That Malerman sig is pathetic IMO, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Nice new BJF adds, Martin! That Malerman sig is pathetic IMO, my friend.
                            Hahahaha! I agree. What the hell is that? But who's to say how people sign their names. I think Josh is just trying to make it easy on Josh.

The best sig I've seen is Scott Ian. The most obnoxious is Thomas Olde Huevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                              Hahahaha! I agree. What the hell is that? But who's to say how people sign their names. I think Josh is just trying to make it easy on Josh.

The best sig I've seen is Scott Ian. The most obnoxious is Thomas Olde Huevelt.
                              I'll have to look those up. And not to bag on Martin's collection thread at all with my comment. It's just something my father always tried to instill in me. "Anything worth doing, is worth doing right". A sig like that is just laziness IMO. King has a pretty nice sig too. Especially his earlier ones. And Joe Hill pretty much just prints his. But I'm cool with that

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                I'll have to look those up. And not to bag on Martin's collection thread at all with my comment. It's just something my father always tried to instill in me. "Anything worth doing, is worth doing right". A sig like that is just laziness IMO. King has a pretty nice sig too. Especially his earlier ones. And Joe Hill pretty much just prints his. But I'm cool with that
                                I'd take pics and post them, but I have no idea how to do it and no patience to figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X