Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1750

Thread: Martin's Collection

  1. #1741
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,161
    Rep Power
    10
    Fantastic additions!!

  2. #1742
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,200
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Very nice adds. I'm reads This Dark Chest of Wonders now. 61 pages in and kind of on the fence with it.
    Books 'About' are always hit and miss for me. I was hoping this one would be a hit because of the importance of the subject matter in my reading life. I hope it gets better.

  3. #1743
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,200
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice stuff, Martin! Trolley No. 1852 looks exceptionally cool.
    And it certainly is.

  4. #1744
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,138
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Books 'About' are always hit and miss for me. I was hoping this one would be a hit because of the importance of the subject matter in my reading life. I hope it gets better.
    I'm hoping it will also. I have it on order with Camelot.

  5. #1745
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    8
    Nice additions, Martin! Congratulations!

  6. #1746
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,200
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    Nice additions, Martin! Congratulations!
    Thanks!

  7. #1747
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    10
    I thought I had replied already...I guess my memory is starting to be impacted by age.

    Nice additions to collection. I had forgotten how cool getting the ARCs can be. I enjoyed those the couple of times I participated. I felt comfortable reading the books, no worries about messing them up, and they are neat items to have in the collection.

  8. #1748
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,200
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I thought I had replied already...I guess my memory is starting to be impacted by age.

    Nice additions to collection. I had forgotten how cool getting the ARCs can be. I enjoyed those the couple of times I participated. I felt comfortable reading the books, no worries about messing them up, and they are neat items to have in the collection.
    I resemble that remark.

    I really love the ARCs but will probably order fewer of them. It appears CD is taking a different approach as the price has been increased the last couple of packs. I bought this one but came close to skipping and then skipped the next one. Just can't justify the price for paperback copies.

  9. #1749
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,715
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Books 'About' are always hit and miss for me. I was hoping this one would be a hit because of the importance of the subject matter in my reading life. I hope it gets better.
    It has got better. The interviews about the mini series are really insightful. The book has done a nice turn around.

  10. #1750
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,200
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    It has got better. The interviews about the mini series are really insightful. The book has done a nice turn around.
    Glad to hear that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •