No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have convinced me to give the Nocturnal Reader’s Box a try. I’ve been on the fence on this one for a long time.

I think the cover of Widow’s Point looks very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by daverob View Post
      You have convinced me to give the Nocturnal Reader’s Box a try. I’ve been on the fence on this one for a long time.

I think the cover of Widow’s Point looks very nice!
      Hopefully whatever has Jeffingoff excited comes to fruition. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
        I ordered a copy of Full Bleed because of your recommendation and it arrived today. I can't wait to dig into it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20459[/ATTACH]
        Have not listened yet but this podcast features Dirk Wood and discusses what IDW PDX is up to and the future of Full Bleed.
        https://www.herocafe.net/episodes/20...k-wood-idw-pdx

Comment

Well my Sleeping Beauties Slipcases did not get to spend much time in Spokane. The very next day I got another delivery updated email and received them on Saturday.

I think these are my favorite slipcases yet. The photos do not do them justice:
          P1370531.jpgP1370532.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Well my Sleeping Beauties Slipcases did not get to spend much time in Spokane. The very next day I got another delivery updated email and received them on Saturday.

I think these are my favorite slipcases yet. The photos do not do them justice:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20494[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20495[/ATTACH]
            I agree, Martin! They are superb!

Comment

So a while back IDW (The company who brought us Locke & Key) opened an office here in Portland Oregon. I kept watching to see what they were up to but never heard anything. Finally last summer IDW PDX launched a Kickstarter campaign. They were looking to publish a 200 page quarterly "Hardbound Magazine" about comics and culture. They promised a Stephen King interview and all sorts of other goodies. I jumped on it purchasing the first two issues, the purchase included a signed print of issue 1 cover art and an IDW PDX pin.

Well I received issue 1 today and it greatly exceeded my expectations. I took a few photos but to be honest I could easily take photos of all 199 pages. This thing is just stunning! It will take me a while to get through it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20440[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20441[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20442[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20443[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20444[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20445[/ATTACH]
              Not sure yet if I will be able to make it but this Saturday (March 10th) IDWPDX will be having a Full Bleed launch party.

400 NW Couch St
              Portland, Oregon 97209

Saturday, March 10th
              4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
              Several Contributors will be there.

Comment

I will try to get pictures up this weekend but just wanted to say I received lucky number 13 of the Cemetery Dance Signature Series today. Cheeseboy from Graham Masterton with art by Chris Bankston is another homerun. In my view the Signature Series books are fantastic!

Comment

I will try to get pictures up this weekend but just wanted to say I received lucky number 13 of the Cemetery Dance Signature Series today. Cheeseboy from Graham Masterton with art by Chris Bankston is another homerun. In my view the Signature Series books are fantastic!
                  Agreed, Martin! I also enjoy the Novella Series and the Graveyard Series books are gorgeous. Series collections bode well with us OCD types

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Agreed, Martin! I also enjoy the Novella Series and the Graveyard Series books are gorgeous. Series collections bode well with us OCD types
                    I enjoy novellas in general but have made no attempt to go back and complete the series. I may choose to attempt that one day. Only one into the Graveyard series I do love it and am excited about some of the announced titles! I really love art in books and the unique design and integral role art plays in telling the story really works in the Signature series!

Comment

Hopefully whatever has Jeffingoff excited comes to fruition. Enjoy!
                      If anyone is an NRB subscriber, then you probably got the email today that gets at one of the things I was so excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        If anyone is an NRB subscriber, then you probably got the email today that gets at one of the things I was so excited about.
                        I got it and am intrigued.

Comment

I enjoy novellas in general but have made no attempt to go back and complete the series. I may choose to attempt that one day. Only one into the Graveyard series I do love it and am excited about some of the announced titles! I really love art in books and the unique design and integral role art plays in telling the story really works in the Signature series!
                          One of my first goals was to get a complete set of both the Signature Series and Novella series, but those goals kinda fell by the wayside. I think I need to start that up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            One of my first goals was to get a complete set of both the Signature Series and Novella series, but those goals kinda fell by the wayside. I think I need to start that up again.
                            I have purchased every Signature series as they have been released. Have never even checked to see how many Novella Series I would need to track down to complete that one.

Comment

I have purchased every Signature series as they have been released. Have never even checked to see how many Novella Series I would need to track down to complete that one.
                              I have both full sets thus far. I was late to the game so it cost me dearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                I have both full sets thus far. I was late to the game so it cost me dearly.
                                I doubt I would be willing to shell out the funds that would be required to piece together a full Novella set. I have not looked into it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X