• Show
Clear All

Very cool.

Comment

Nice adds

Comment

I received my second purchase from Thunderstorm Books today,

Stage Whispers: The Collected Timmy Quinn
        This is an over-sized book with some interesting aspects. The dust jacket has no printing on the outer edge or the inner sleeves. The outer edge does have a pattern that may fo with other books in the series.
        P1220664.jpg
        Beautiful textured end papers
        P1220665.jpg
        Full color pages
        P1220666.jpgP1220667.jpg
        P1220668.jpg

Comment

More Stage Whispers:
          An introduction to the series by the author unique to this edition
          P1220669.jpg
          Full color breaks for each book
          P1220670.jpgP1220671.jpgP1220672.jpgP1220673.jpgP1220674.jpg
          Last edited by Martin; 10-16-2012, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Stage Whispers continued:
            Black Leather with Silver Foil stamping
            P1220675.jpg

This is a beautiful book and I am very happy to have the complete Timmy Quinn story in one volume!

Comment

None of the Black Voltage (which Stage Whispers is a part of) have title on the spine. They all have a different design based on the book itself. If you have only one on your shelf it looks a little odd, but if you have a few it looks great.

I also like the fact that I now have a book with it's own sound effects, nothing better for a ghost story.

Comment

I think I remember that about the series when I checked into some of Ronald Kelly's stuff but I did not order them. I am not sure if the sound effects were intentional but they are interesting.
                Originally posted by adamjames View Post
                None of the Black Voltage (which Stage Whispers is a part of) have title on the spine. They all have a different design based on the book itself. If you have only one on your shelf it looks a little odd, but if you have a few it looks great.

I also like the fact that I now have a book with it's own sound effects, nothing better for a ghost story.

Comment

That is a beautiful book, definitely gonna have to try and pick it up someday I think
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Me too. I hate you Martin..No very nice book.I have the 3 Kelly books and will be getting the others as they come out.The spine on each is part of a bigger picture.I have the first 3 posted together in my thread so you can see it start to come together.

Comment

I got a Hate You post for a non King related book, I feel so privileged.
                      Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      Me too. I hate you Martin..No very nice book.I have the 3 Kelly books and will be getting the others as they come out.The spine on each is part of a bigger picture.I have the first 3 posted together in my thread so you can see it start to come together.

Comment

I decided to show the size of Stage Whispers as compared to the copy of Nemesis:
                        P1220676.jpgP1220677.jpg

Comment

Boy you really like to rub it in don't you.. Those are some great books.

Comment

I found myself near the Powell's books in Beaverton, Oregon today. Decided to stop in and see what they had. It appeared that someone recently sold them a significant small press horror collection. Many books by Cemetery Dance, Borderlands Press Dark Harvest and others available. Several of the books are clearly unread, as the spines are very tight when look into. The prices are ranging from significantly below original to slightly higher than the original price. The good news for my wallet was that I already own many of the books. Even with that I could have easily spent a few hundred dollars. I used all the self control I had and allowed myself to buy only three books.

First up an unread lettered (PC) copy of "The Eyes of the Carp" by T.M. Wright published by Cemetery Dance:
                            Note - This is not a book I have been looking for or had any real interest in but they had it priced with the cover price on the Jacket, which happens to be the $30.00 Limited edition price. So at $95.00 off I just could not pass it up.
                            P1220729.jpgP1220730.jpg
                            P1220731.jpgP1220732.jpg

Comment

Night Visions 5 Trade Edition featuring Stephen Kings "The Reploids":
                              This book is readily available but this copy is in good shape.
                              P1220733.jpgP1220734.jpg
                              P1220735.jpgP1220736.jpg

Comment

And finally a book from Arkham House, Tales From The Nightside" by Charles L. Grant with an introduction by Stephen King:
                                This is a first edition from 1981 and is in very good shape.
                                P1220737.jpgP1220738.jpg
                                P1220739.jpgP1220740.jpg
                                P1220741.jpgP1220742.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X