Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    A couple of recent editions from Brian James Freeman (Editor and Author)

First up Detours:
    Pleasantly surprised to see a couple of Authors were able to sign this one as well.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20580[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20581[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20582[/ATTACH]

Some great art in this one, here is just a sample:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20583[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20584[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20585[/ATTACH]
    I think I have the signatures figures out on this oe, but I could be wrong:

1. Mark Edward Geyer
    2. Donn Albright
    3. Erin S. Wells
    4. Glenn Chadbourne
    5. Will Renfro
    6. Jill Bauman
    7. Chris Odgers
    8. Steve Gilberts
    9. Alex McVey
    10. Keith Minnion
    11. Stewart O’Nan
    12. Owen King
    13. Chet Williamson

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      I'd take pics and post them, but I have no idea how to do it and no patience to figure it out.
      Pretty easy to do on this site. TDT.org can be cumbersome to post pics. I'll send ya a PM if ya want to send them to me via email.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        I'll have to look those up. And not to bag on Martin's collection thread at all with my comment. It's just something my father always tried to instill in me. "Anything worth doing, is worth doing right". A sig like that is just laziness IMO. King has a pretty nice sig too. Especially his earlier ones. And Joe Hill pretty much just prints his. But I'm cool with that
        I never judge signatures as mine is really just a scribble. I never learned cursive writing and used to print my signature. It eventually morphed into a scribble. I always assumed Mr. Hills is printed because it is not his real name, I assume his signature on contracts is very different from the one we see.
        Last edited by Martin; 04-16-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I never judges signatures as mine is really just a scribble. I never learned cursive writing and used to print my signature. It eventually morphed into a scribble. I always assumed Mr. Hills is printed because it is not his real name, I assume his signature on contracts is very different from the one we see.
          Name's real, just abbreviated to a point. I'm sure in regards to the contracts.

Comment

Name's real, just abbreviated to a point. I'm sure in regards to the contracts.
            My point is the only part that would be in his legal Signature is Joe and that would be in question as his name is 'Joseph Hillstrom King'. He may sign Joe rather than Joseph but even if he were to include his middle name, most don't, he would probably sign Hillstrom rather than Hill. Complete speculation as I know nothing about the actual subject.

Comment

The best sig I've seen is Scott Ian..
              Not to steal your thunder, but here's Scott Ian's signature from his first book.

IMG_4666.JPG
              (Maybe I'll be the only one who finds this funny, but the file name is 4666.jpg.)

I've always really liked Robert McCammon's signature. And Neil Gaiman has a good one too.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                Not to steal your thunder, but here's Scott Ian's signature from his first book.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20592[/ATTACH]
                (Maybe I'll be the only one who finds this funny, but the file name is 4666.jpg.)

I've always really liked Robert McCammon's signature. And Neil Gaiman has a good one too.
                No thunder stolen! I'm glad you put it out there. And I love how Scott Ian becomes SATAN!!

Comment

No thunder stolen! I'm glad you put it out there. And I love how Scott Ian becomes SATAN!!
                  Uhm, I've never noticed that before . . . and with the file name my phone used . . .

Comment

Took me a while to see it.

Comment

My point is the only part that would be in his legal Signature is Joe and that would be in question as his name is 'Joseph Hillstrom King'. He may sign Joe rather than Joseph but even if he were to include his middle name, most don't, he would probably sign Hillstrom rather than Hill. Complete speculation as I know nothing about the actual subject.
                      I'm sure it's all legal like when it comes down to cutting the paychecks. Would be interesting to see his actually sig, I agree.

Comment

So Ian is truly the Devil then.....

Comment

So Ian is truly the Devil then.....
                          He had some t-shirts that featured his silhouette leaping into the air (much like Jordan) accompanied by the line Air Ian. But I commented on FB somewhere that Air Ian sounds a lot like aryan and maybe that would be a bad association to make. I haven't seen him reference Air Ian since and I'd like to take full credit.

Comment

I'm sure it's all legal like when it comes down to cutting the paychecks. Would be interesting to see his actually sig, I agree.
                            Before my signature became a scribble I printed it. It was only questioned once. A bank teller I was cashing a check at said she could not cash my check because my signature was printed and not 'written'. She said this before I even had my Id out as I had signed the check as soon as I got to the counter. I showed her my license which matched what I had done and explained to her that the government accepted it and her responsibility was to ensure the signatures matched. If I did anything different they would not match. She begrudgingly cashed the check.

Comment

He had some t-shirts that featured his silhouette leaping into the air (much like Jordan) accompanied by the line Air Ian. But I commented on FB somewhere that Air Ian sounds a lot like aryan and maybe that would be a bad association to make. I haven't seen him reference Air Ian since and I'd like to take full credit.
                              I've always wanted one of those shirts, but by the sounds of it, you ruined it for me!

(In all seriousness, based on his background, I can totally see why Air Ian/aryan would be BAD.)

Comment

Before my signature became a scribble I printed it. It was only questioned once. A bank teller I was cashing a check at said she could not cash my check because my signature was printed and not 'written'. She said this before I even had my Id out as I had signed the check as soon as I got to the counter. I showed her my license which matched what I had done and explained to her that the government accepted it and her responsibility was to ensure the signatures matched. If I did anything different they would not match. She begrudgingly cashed the check.
                                My background is banking and I've had this talk with so many employees - a signature doesn't mean cursive, or text-book-cursive-writing like my grandmother insisted. It's just a written mark. I've had so many people tell me that I need to include my middle name in my signature and I always counter that my signature is my signature. Besides, you can barely make out the J in my signature, so as far as they know, my middle name is there.

Hell, even an X is a legal signature.

Comment

Working...
                                X