Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    My background is banking and I've had this talk with so many employees - a signature doesn't mean cursive, or text-book-cursive-writing like my grandmother insisted. It's just a written mark. I've had so many people tell me that I need to include my middle name in my signature and I always counter that my signature is my signature. Besides, you can barely make out the J in my signature, so as far as they know, my middle name is there.

Hell, even an X is a legal signature.
    I used to work somewhere that cashed payroll checks for migrants. We had an agreement with the growers that they would not challenge a check we cashed. They bused the workers to us. We cashed the check, sold them a wire transfer for money being sent home and sold them basic items they needed. I remember whenever I had a new employee work the desk that day they would give me the strangest look when I told them 'don't ask for Id, don't worry about the signature, they will mark an X and you will cash it.'

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      And finally a family photo, list of contents and next month's announcement:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20577[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20578[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20579[/ATTACH]
      When I first opened my box and saw the pin I thought it was Eddie from Iron Maiden. I love the hat. And I haven't read Apex magazine in quite some time. So that was a nice surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        When I first opened my box and saw the pin I thought it was Eddie from Iron Maiden. I love the hat. And I haven't read Apex magazine in quite some time. So that was a nice surprise.
        I had actually never heard of Apex. I look forward to checking it out.

Comment

A few new additions:

I have already read this one, great read by the way, but am happy to add the signed limited to my collection.
          Brian James Freeman 'Lost and Lonely'
          P1370745.jpgP1370746.jpgP1370747.jpgP1370748.jpg

Comment

Mark Allen Gunells and Mark Newman 'Dog Days O' Summer':

I know nothing about this but looking forward to digging in.
            P1370749.jpgP1370750.jpgP1370751.jpg

Comment

William Peter Blatty 'The Exorcist Screenplay for the Twenty First - Century':

I am not a big screenplay reader but my have to check this out if just to see how it differs.
              P1370752.jpgP1370753.jpgP1370754.jpgP1370755.jpg

This is a very tall book!

Comment

I purchased the 2018 Grab Bag bundle.

You are scheduled to receive quarterly shipments with three books and one signed bonus item.

They shipped the first two 'bags' together and the bonus items are both books.

I buy a lot of CD's offerings so this one was a crapshoot and I expected duplicates. Although I did receive duplicates I think I made out well:

Whispered Echoes by F. Paul Wilson Signed and Limited:
                P1370757.jpgP1370758.jpg
                I did not have this one but wanted it.

Widow's Point by Richard and Billy Chizmar trade edition signed by Richard Chizmar:
                P1370759.jpgP1370760.jpg
                I have the Signed and Limited but am happy to add the Trade.

Gwendy's Button Box by Richard Chizmar and Stephen King trade 3rd printing signed by Richard Chizmar:
                P1370761.jpgP1370762.jpg
                I have several versions of this and am happy to add the 3rd printing as well.

Comment

2018 Grab Bags continued:

Headhunter by Michael Slade Signed and Limited:
                  P1370763.jpgP1370764.jpg
                  I did not have this one but have come very close to ordering it.

The Ones Who Are Waving by Glenn Hirshberg signed and limited:
                  P1370766.jpgP1370767.jpg
                  Another I did not have and wanted.

Family photo:
                  P1370756.jpg

The Slave Tree, The Influence and I'll Bring You The Birds Out of the Sky were duplicates and I did not photograph them.

Comment

Thanks to the kindness of a member her I had already seen Mr. Mercedes but when I saw they had released an Emmy For Your Consideration DVD set with all 10 Episodes I have to add it to my collection:
                    P1370768.jpgP1370769.jpgP1370770.jpgP1370771.jpgP1370772.jpgP1370773.jpg

If you have not seen this I do recommend it!

Comment

Nice adds, Martin. I keeping hoping that they'll release the show on disc as I don't have DirecTV.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        Nice adds, Martin. I keeping hoping that they'll release the show on disc as I don't have DirecTV.
                        Keep a look out on eBay for the FYC copies. I paid $29.99 for the full season.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Keep a look out on eBay for the FYC copies. I paid $29.99 for the full season.
                          Thanks, Martin, I'll do that. Didn't know these existed until your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Thanks, Martin, I'll do that. Didn't know these existed until your post.
                            Hope you are able to grab a set.

Comment

Received my Dark Carousel LP from Water Street today:
                              P1370774.jpgP1370775.jpgP1370776.jpgP1370778.jpgP1370779.jpg
                              It is a two record set but I only took one photo as they look the same.

Comment

Nice, Martin. I received mine the other day as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X