• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more shots from The Complete Guide to Stephen King:
    P1380453.jpgP1380454.jpgP1380455.jpgP1380456.jpg

Comment

A Little Red Book of Requests by Josh Malerman:

This edition in the Little book series contains previously unpublished stories so I was really looking forward to it. The only thing I have read from Malerman previously was Bird Box. I am afraid these stories left me with the same feeling as that novel. Each story was a decent read but just did not satisfy me fully. I am not even sure how to describe it. I enjoyed the stories and did not feel like they were left incomplete. I just felt that the story being told could have been better. Overall I liked it but I did not love it.
      P1380457.jpgP1380458.jpgP1380463.jpg
      There is talk on the internet, therefore it must be true, that Borderlands switched printers for this book after the issues that delayed the last book. In comparing the books this one is of a better quality.
      Last edited by Martin; 04-07-2019, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Although I do belong to Brian James Freeman's Patreon I do not subscribe at a level that would provide me with his annual book. I did find one on eBay though. Happy to add this to my collection:
        P1380465.jpg
        It is a signed edition but I forgot to photo the limitation page. I will try and remember to add a photo of that in the future. It is limited to 55 copies and this is 52.

Comment

I have also been looking to complete my King trade collection. One of the books I was missing was the 1st/1st of It. This is a book I bought on day of issue at Costco but it has been missing for many years. I have to assume I loaned it out and never got it back. I used to loan out my King 1st editions but when On Writing came back damaged I stopped that practice. I have looked for a reasonably priced replacement for quite some time and in general they have been below my standards or over priced. Especially after the new movie came out. I recently saw one on eBay that was in very good condition and was only slightly over the price I was interested in paying. I threw out an offer and it was accepted. So It has returned to it's rightful place on my King shelves.
          P1380459.jpgP1380460.jpgP1380461.jpgP1380462.jpg

Comment

I also spotted a shockingly low priced copy of Shivers I on eBay. I chose not to partake in these until they released the first hardbound edition. I have debated going back and completing the set but the early editions are always over priced. This will probably not send me on a quest to complete the set but if the others pop for great prices I will may grab them as well.

P1380464.jpg

Comment

Nice grab and congrats! He looks pretty good for having been out in the world.

Comment

Nice adds. I have all the books in the Shivers series. One of my favorite anthology series . Followed closely by Crystal Lake publications Tales from the Lake series. Congratulations on finding a very nice replacement first edition of IT.

Comment

Nice adds, Martin!

Comment

A few recent additions.

Staring with the signed 1st Cari Mora.

A couple of comments regarding the edition were that it was a real nice book for a trade edition and that the font makes it like a large print book. I agree that it is a notch above a standard trade edition are the end papers. Beyond the end paper art it just feels like a trade edition to me. The font is definitely on the larger end. The actual story is a quick read and they may have wanted to get the page count up. I was fortunate enough to get the Owl Remarque.
                    P1380545.jpgP1380547.jpgP1380548.jpgP1380549.jpgP1380550.jpgP1380551.jpg
                    Last edited by Martin; 06-02-2019, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Richard Chizmar's Thoe Long Way Home:
                      This is a strong collection.
                      P1380553.jpgP1380552.jpgP1380554.jpgP1380556.jpgP1380557.jpg

Comment

Howard Stern Comes Again:
                        This book contains the transcript of Mr. Sterns favorite interviews with his thoughts on each interview. I will probably read this one in sections. I have read the introduction so far and enjoyed it.
                        P1380558.jpgP1380559.jpgP1380560.jpgP1380562.jpgP1380561.jpg

Comment

At Home in the Dark Edited by Lawrence Bloch:
                          P1380563.jpgP1380564.jpgP1380565.jpgP1380566.jpg

Comment

Full Bleed Volume 3 The Comics and Culture Quarterly:
                            This is the third edition of this magazine and I keep questioning if I will continue buying them. I have only ready sections of each issue. Truth be told, I really love this publication and always get more than my moneys worth. I will probably stick with this thing as long as they make them.
                            P1380567.jpgP1380569.jpgP1380570.jpgP1380571.jpgP1380572.jpgP1380573.jpg

Comment

Very cool adds, Martin!

Comment

Nice additions!

I'm probably going to stop getting the Full Bleed volumes after the next one. I've already bought 4 bundled with the slipcase so once I get that I'll probably bow out. I have yet to read more than a few sections of each and there isn't all that much that interests me throughout the rest. I find myself thumbing through and re-shelving. And they're not particularly valuable. So the appeal is pretty low for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X