X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Weather by Joe Hill
    Books a Million with publisher tipped in signature sheet:

P1370107.jpgP1370108.jpg

I promised myself that I will not go overboard with this one. This is my second copy so far. I have the ARC also. I also have an inscribed signed copy coming from Water Street Books. A signed Limited from Cemetery Dance also.

Comment

This weeks family photo:
      P1370109.jpgP1370110.jpg

Comment

Very nice adds, Martin! The Graveyard Editions are really going to be a nice set.

Comment

I’m a fan of the Graveyard Editions as well. I’m looking forward to getting around to reading this one. It’s in the queue but down a notch or two.

I haven’t picked up Gorilla In My Room yet, which I really need to rectify. Ketchum is always a great read.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I haven’t picked up Gorilla In My Room yet, which I really need to rectify. Ketchum is always a great read.
            Same here.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I bumped The Handyman to the top of the pile and have started it.

Comment

Congrats, Martin! I missed out on the Bentley Little Graveyard Edition. Looking forward to seeing more pics of this series.

I also could’ve sworn I ordered a trade edition of Strange Weather, but nothing g has arrived yet.

Comment

Originally posted by daverob View Post
                  Congrats, Martin! I missed out on the Bentley Little Graveyard Edition. Looking forward to seeing more pics of this series.

I also could’ve sworn I ordered a trade edition of Strange Weather, but nothing g has arrived yet.
                  I too am looking forward to seeing what they have coming for the Graveyard series. You may want to follow-up with who you ordered Strange Weather from. My Order from Books-A-Million was shipped on the 19th and arrived on the 24th. My copy from Water Street was shipped on the 24th and I should have it on Halloween.

Comment

Great additions as usual Martin! I just love the way The Handyman looks, pure class. Is it real leather?

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                      Great additions as usual Martin! I just love the way The Handyman looks, pure class. Is it real leather?
                      I assume it is not real leather based on the fact CD did not advertise it as such. I can't tell the difference between that and some other books I have that are leather.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I assume it is not real leather based on the fact CD did not advertise it as such. I can't tell the difference between that and some other books I have that are leather.
                        Nope not real leather. I forget the technical term for the material. Real leather is fairly uncommon, because it's really expensive and it only comes in a very small handful of colors, usually blue, black, or brown.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          Nope not real leather. I forget the technical term for the material. Real leather is fairly uncommon, because it's really expensive and it only comes in a very small handful of colors, usually blue, black, or brown.
                          I never really thought of that but I believe all my leather bound books are Blue, Black or Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            Nope not real leather. I forget the technical term for the material.
                            Probably "bonded leather" -- that tends to be the default material used. A more general term is "leatherette" but "bonded leather" is the true name of the material that consists of shredded leather scraps and leather fiber, the paste of which is then mixed with bonding materials, died an dried, then embossed with grain texture to appear like leather.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              Probably "bonded leather" -- that tends to be the default material used. A more general term is "leatherette" but "bonded leather" is the true name of the material that consists of shredded leather scraps and leather fiber, the paste of which is then mixed with bonding materials, died an dried, then embossed with grain texture to appear like leather.

I don't think we use bonded leather either, I think it's actually a "simulated leather", which is made out of synthetic materials. It's pretty much our standard, unless it's something that's cloth bound or a high end lettered edition.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I am going with Vinyl! At any rate it is a very cool book!

Comment

Working...
                                X