No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Carrie Artist edition has been shown on several threads but I thought I would add mine. I decided to match my Doubleday Years books with my SOD Limited numbers:
    P1320463.jpgP1320464.jpgP1320465.jpgP1320466.jpgP1320469.jpgP1320470.jpg

Comment

This book is a work of art and the photo's do not do it justice. I can't wait to have the full series:
      P1320471.jpgP1320472.jpgP1320473.jpgP1320474.jpgP1320475.jpg

Comment

I love the added touches like the Original cover and the early communications about the book:
        P1320476.jpgP1320477.jpgP1320479.jpg

Comment

Added Robert McCammon's Boys Life to my collection a while back and recently got around to reading it. This was my first McCammon book and while I enjoyed it I was not blown away.
          P1320484.jpgP1320485.jpgP1320486.jpg

Comment

Just finished ready Salome by Mick Garris last week and must say I thoroughly enjoyed it:
            P1320482.jpgP1320483.jpg

Comment

Awesome additions.

Comment

Very nice adds Martin! You've been busy! Glad to see Live Girls arrived safe and sound!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  Awesome additions.
                  Thanks! I hope to find the time to get more posted soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    Very nice adds Martin! You've been busy! Glad to see Live Girls arrived safe and sound!
                    Yes it did, I am so happy to have that one on my shelves!

Comment

Well this one gave me a scare. The package arrived covered in black grease, smelling of petroleum and scraped up from being dragged on the ground for a while. Fortunately the the book was packed well enough to still be pristine under the grease paint exterior.

P1320703.jpgP1320704.jpgP1320705.jpgP1320706.jpgP1320707.jpgP1320709.jpg

This book is beautiful and massive! Can't wait for the next Books to Benefit selection.

Comment

Very nice, martin!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                          Very nice, martin!

sk
                          Thank you SIep, I am hoping for another Books to Benefit announcement soon!

Comment

Received the lettered edition of Ray Garton's The Loveliest Dead:

This is a beautiful book. A high quality Leather cover with raised hubs on the spine, stunning marbled endpapers and gold gilding on the edges.

P1320721.jpgP1320722.jpgP1320723.jpgP1320724.jpgP1320725.jpgP1320726.jpg

I am still undecided on how I like the changes for the lettered editions. I fully understand the reasons behind the changes and I appreciate the quality elements added to the books. It just bugs e to have a book of this quality without a traycase. With that said I love this book!

Comment

I hear ya Martin, but to me it's a fair trade. I actually think I prefer the look of the new books to the added traycase. It would be cool to have some after market CD slip or traycases made up for these books later perhaps. For example though Easton make top notch books all the time, and very few actually come with a slipcase. I do think it's a better idea as far as making deadlines that's for damn sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                                I hear ya Martin, but to me it's a fair trade. I actually think I prefer the look of the new books to the added traycase. It would be cool to have some after market CD slip or traycases made up for these books later perhaps. For example though Easton make top notch books all the time, and very few actually come with a slipcase. I do think it's a better idea as far as making deadlines that's for damn sure!
                                I agree it is a fair trade. The book quality is fantastic and relieving the lettered backlog works on so many levels. I think more people are probably please with this then not. I am an extremely patient person so the extended wait on the books has never been a problem, I ordered this one in 2006, but for many customers it was an issue. Ialso am sure it creates both logistical nightmares as well as customer service issues for the good folks at Cemetery Dance. I am not a bigg lettered edition buyer anyways, I have maybe a half dozen in my collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X