No announcement yet.

SK 1st's Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, sure have (just waiting on a couple of responses) - I've looked high and low for these two, and, although (on paper at least) they should be readily available, seems that this isn't the case at all ....

Comment

Sorry, Grant, but I grabbed this one a few minutes ago:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110812238791...84.m1423.l2649

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
        Sorry, Grant, but I grabbed this one a few minutes ago:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110812238791...84.m1423.l2649

John
        Nicely spotted John, good for you mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
          Nicely spotted John, good for you mate
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/220926375554...#ht_500wt_1178

Alright !!!! One down, one to go (wasn't quite an inexpensive as the one you scored John, but has the advantage of being unread) ... Now all I require is Salem's 3rd

Comment

I figure I'll just pick up a fine copy of a first edition, swap jackets and donate the book that I just bought. I should be able to get one at minimal cost.

And congratulations!

John

Comment

I figure I'll just pick up a fine copy of a first edition, swap jackets and donate the book that I just bought. I should be able to get one at minimal cost.

And congratulations!

John
              Ah ha !!! Good thinking 99, I like the way your mind works John

Comment

Grant, I got my copy of the Four Past Midnight today and, irregardless of the photo in the auction, it has the gold Stephen King. I'll keep looking and make sure I ask before I buy the next time.

John

Comment

Grant, I got my copy of the Four Past Midnight today and, irregardless of the photo in the auction, it has the gold Stephen King. I'll keep looking and make sure I ask before I buy the next time.

John
                  Damn !!!! Sorry to hear that John I'll let you know how I go with the copy I receive (probably still at least a week away due to shipping time).

Comment

How is "state" being used here? I can't figure it out. Printing run?

Comment

State usually refers to changes within a print run. Sometimes it's as simple as with the UK 11/22/63 Where some of the dust jackets have red text and others have a silver text. Other times it's typo within the book itself.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Got it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                          Damn !!!! Sorry to hear that John I'll let you know how I go with the copy I receive (probably still at least a week away due to shipping time).
                          So did your copy arrive Grant? Gold letters or not?

Comment

Gold letters Pete, made the same mistake that John made - should have asked rather than assumed that a picture posted on eBay was wholly accurate (would say that the flash angle made the writing on the front cover look white). Have looked on eBay and ABE periodically since, but haven't come across one as yet

Comment

Speaking of SK 1sts, do you have all three states of The Tommy Knockers, Mr. Woot? I've got two of them, with "stephen King" in red and white,. I haven't beem able to find the silver (with blue light coming from the title instead of green).
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Speaking of SK 1sts, do you have all three states of The Tommy Knockers, Mr. Woot? I've got two of them, with "stephen King" in red and white,. I haven't beem able to find the silver (with blue light coming from the title instead of green).
                                Yep, and I have the 4th state too, that's the one where, if you hold it at an exact 72 degree angle towards the west when the sun is at its very apogee, a purple laser beam shoots out your ass and vaporises the family cat
                                Last edited by Grant Wootton; 03-25-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X