No announcement yet.

King's Duma Key signed and remarqued 1st edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't the newest GRRM book in his long saga already on at least the 2nd printing from Amazon pretty much right away, maybe before it even came out?
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

I read somewhere that there were 760,000 copies of 11/22/63 printed through the third printing. I still haven't been able to find out how many first printings were done.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
        I read somewhere that there were 760,000 copies of 11/22/63 printed through the third printing. I still haven't been able to find out how many first printings were done.

John
        Yea they're hard numbers to confirm. I think the mass market publishers keep them vague on purpose.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I remember hearing years ago that the average print run for a Stephen King HC was 2 million, so if there must have been far fewer than that for 11/22/63 if it's already in the fourth printing......

Comment

I still don't know how many were done as first printings. I am guessing at between 500,000 and 600,000.

John

Comment

I still don't know how many were done as first printings. I am guessing at between 500,000 and 600,000.

John
              But that's odd. Why do so many more of one book, and less for another? I suspect it must be a financial thing...

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                I remember hearing years ago that the average print run for a Stephen King HC was 2 million, so if there must have been far fewer than that for 11/22/63 if it's already in the fourth printing......
                That 2 million might be the total number printed, probably not just the first printings. As 2 million seems awfully high for a first printing, even for an SK book.

Instagram

Comment

Yeah, I didn't even think of that. But considering how popular he's been for so many years, maybe not. I don't think there's a lot of King fans who would want to wait for the PB version.

Comment

According to my (admittedly possibly inaccurate) the only King hardcover book that had a 2 million copy first printing was Black House. Rose Madder and Desperation had 1,750,000 copies each. The paperback chapterbook Green Mile also had 2 million each.

John

Comment

And to have started with a humble 10,000 for Carrie

Comment

And even if the sales levels are the same, keep in mind that it's probably approaching 1/4 to 1/3 of sales are e-books now. Do any of you guys know for sure?
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                          And even if the sales levels are the same, keep in mind that it's probably approaching 1/4 to 1/3 of sales are e-books now. Do any of you guys know for sure?
                          They don't really like to publish those numbers. It gives them lots of "wiggle" room when making press statements.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                            And to have started with a humble 10,000 for Carrie
                            I show a first US printing of Carrie as 30,000 copies.

John

Comment

I show a first US printing of Carrie as 30,000 copies.

John
                              I bow to your superior knowledge oh great Keeper of the Tomes

Comment

I wish I had kept that first edition of Salem's Lot that Betts mistakingly sent me LOL.

Would you guys rather have a first edition unsigned of King's early work or a modern signed limited or trade? I would ALWAYS chhose the latter simply because I like books that are absolute mint....

Comment

Working...
                                X