No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]PURE (DELUXE LIMITED SPECIAL EDITION) by Julianna Baggott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Mr. Woot. To make that cover work, you have to move the detonation over to get it all on front cover. The porportions are off for what I tried to do.
    Last edited by srboone; 02-15-2012, 12:12 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Glad to see you survived you endless day of frolics and work!
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        Glad to see you survived you endless day of frolics and work!
        A five "hour "nanny nap" this afternoon saw me right, although I had that grainy, washed out feeling one gets when the sun rises after pulling an all-nighter

Comment

Squire's artwork is more of what i was hoping for, not sure about the piece picked if i'm honest!

Comment

That wasn't necessary, Tom. I'd've (can you have double contractions?) bought one of your books, anyway.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Hahaha well it's true what i said. The artwork for Pure is stunning to say the least and this dustjacket designe really isn't showing it off. Is there no chance that it can be changed? Maybe have a simple yes no survey, because for a lavish limited edition i think the type should be minimal.

Comment

I hate the font. I think the art on the front alone would have been perfect. I'm quite disapointed now. The spine is still there for title/author no need to splatter the front with the horrible black sections and bad font/coloring. Now I like the trade edition better. Its font fits with the art and the whole thing together looks amazing.

Comment

You're right, the font overshadows the spectacular art.

baggott01.jpg

The same type design was used for Killing Ghost, but the font used compliments the art and adds a chilling touch to it.

ransom01.jpg
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                    I hate the font. I think the art on the front alone would have been perfect. I'm quite disapointed now. The spine is still there for title/author no need to splatter the front with the horrible black sections and bad font/coloring. Now I like the trade edition better. Its font fits with the art and the whole thing together looks amazing.
                    I'm sorry you don't like it. Everyone here at the office really liked it though. As far as just having the art on the dust jacket with no text, that's not really something we do or in most cases really care for. I can only think of one book that we've ever done that for, which was the lettered edition of Full Dark No Stars. It's really just not something we do.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

This is not a title I ordered but I actually like the cover. The art is beautiful and I thought it would be a great wrap around cover but I do like the black bars and the font of the title.

Comment

Dan I like the cover.Does that earn me any extra points.No I do like the cover it is kind of creepy.

Comment

It's just one of those things we've learned. Not everyone is going to like the cover, so we've come to pick what we / the author likes. Most of the time it pleases most people. An example of that is that we had someone email in about how much they hated the cover artwork for IT and wanted their money back.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            It's just one of those things we've learned. Not everyone is going to like the cover, so we've come to pick what we / the author likes. Most of the time it pleases most people. An example of that is that we had someone email in about how much they hated the cover artwork for IT and wanted their money back.
                            Now that is just crazy.

Comment

Did they not see the artwork long before they hit the trigger to purchase IT in the first place - jeez, some people are impossible to please !!! As far as I'm concerned the cover art for IT was the total ants pants

Comment

I thought everyone would like that.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X