No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]PURE (DELUXE LIMITED SPECIAL EDITION) by Julianna Baggott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buh-jits??? We don't need no shtinkin' buh-jits!!!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Yep budgets do suck. However I went wild last year with books and I have to rein in the spending this year. I have a goal this year of buying a 1st 1st of The Gunslinger and for this to happen I need to save my cash.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Goals are different. Hope ya make it.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Good luck with that goal my friend!

Comment

OK I cracked after ordering this a few days ago I discovered I had some points to use at amazon.Last night I broke down and bought the trade edition.So I guess this
            will be another series that I end up owning both trade and limited editions of.Time to build more book shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
              Yep budgets do suck. However I went wild last year with books and I have to rein in the spending this year. I have a goal this year of buying a 1st 1st of The Gunslinger and for this to happen I need to save my cash.
              You go mate !!!! This is also a volume I hope to add to the collection at some point (although not likely in 2012)

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                Good luck with that goal my friend!
                Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                You go mate !!!! This is also a volume I hope to add to the collection at some point (although not likely in 2012)
                Thanks for the words of encouragement! The Gunslinger is really a "holy grail" for me and I hope I can pull it off this year. It's a bit scary thinking of dropping that kind of money for one book but I'm ready for it.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The detail page now has the finished front cover. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                    The detail page now has the finished front cover. Very cool.
                    I totally forgot we finally picked a cover design. I think we went through 25 different options or something.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Hmmm...one of the things like like about CD covers is the art is spread out over the whole jacket. This minimizes what is very striking detail in Tikulin's work...That's just a first impression, tho. The more I look at, the more I'll like it, I'm sure. Not thatit's bad, by any means, just...different from what I've come to expect from CD.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        Hmmm...one of the things like like about CD covers is the art is spread out over the whole jacket. This minimizes what is very striking detail in Tikulin's work...That's just a first impression, tho. The more I look at, the more I'll like it, I'm sure. Not thatit's bad, by any means, just...different from what I've come to expect from CD.
                        Yea we decided to go with something different this time. I actually think this type of layout was Tomislav's idea, if I remember correctly.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

We tried a bunch of other options, some with the doll on the front, some with the mushroom cloud, etc. This is a similar design concept as The Passage, which was also Tomislav's idea and turned out really nicely.

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I guess the difference is that The Passage art Tomislav turned in was dark and this one is bright (thus highlighting the black bars (letterboxing?)). When I saw the art, I really liked the idea of the doll face being the back cover and the title "PURE" printed underneath the detonation.
                            Last edited by srboone; 02-14-2012, 11:05 PM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

This is very basic (all I have at my disposal is a basic paint program), but some thing like this is what I envisoned.

Pure.jpg

What I was trying for was something written on a note fluttering down on the cloud with an ash-like quality to it. Of course, you would want to spell her name correctly...
                              Last edited by srboone; 02-15-2012, 12:13 PM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

You're an endlessly surprising lucky dip of talent Mr Boone (and, yep, I'm being serious ) - another facet of your creativity unveils itself

Comment

Working...
                                X