Tips on how to be a normal, well adjusted human being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
    His response to her email about his wrong address?
    Having prided myself on not being "normal" for many years, perhaps this is written in some strange other-worldly language. Maybe on their planet it translates to, "Thank you kindly! You're the greatest! I can't believe I made that mistake! Hopefully you can fix it for me! I can't wait to order from you again!!" You know, like Bizarro world speech.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

"Now!! Now!! Ship my fucking book now!!!"

Sheesh.... some people. At least their insanity is good for some laughs.

Comment

Ok, Pete, but the overseas costs are on you, man!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

People are so sad sometimes, mostly because sucky people helped them to a sucky life when they were young or here recently. It's always jarring to see that directed at an innocent bystander in a situation that so clearly runs contrary to anything even remotely tied to the reality of the situation at hand. Worse, it's almost impossible to see that for what it is ..instead of what it feels like - the verbal equivalent of a swinging baseball bat. Pray for them personally and professionally refuse to serve them after giving a refund. Life is too short and you deserve to betreated with dignity. I hope their life gets better in a very real way. Thank God life has not added up to being that kind of person for most of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
            I mean, here's the thing: mistakes happen. We're human. We make mistakes. Mindy will go above and beyond to fix any mistake we've made or clear-up any misunderstanding. She wants every customer to be happy.

There are FIVE of us working at this company. We ALL want every customer to be happy because we know our regular customers like they're our friends. We don't want anyone to be unhappy with their order or the quality of a book we've published, etc.

And we DEFINITELY understand someone making a mistake like mistyping the numbers in their address. It happens. Who hasn't mistyped something in a hurry? So Mindy was ready to ship the customer who inspired this thread a replacement copy of what he ordered and she just needed his correct address. His response to her email about his wrong address?

Brian
            Well spoken cuss ain't he ?? Such precise elocution, such a well rounded vocabulary, is rare in this day and age. Such succinctity in their turn of phrase - even rarer. Such forethought and obvious investment of time and effort to arrive at such a sparkling and witty riposte - absolute gold. It takes much time and effort to be a complete phuck-knuckle, thus, this individual should be soundly praised for their higher than average level of knucklery !!!

Comment

I like the overuse of exclamation points. Apparently it's the only acceptable punctuation to be used anymore. I forgot, "!!!"

Comment

I've only had one issue with you guys, and again Mindy fixed it immediately and kindly. I think I become most impressed with your company about 6 years ago. I was attending the Borderlands Press workshop in downtown Baltimore and Kelly Laymon (who was working with/for you at the time) was there on the opening night. I introduced myself and said how much I liked Cemetery Dance and she knew exactly who I was, recognizing my name and knowing my stuff was sent to my P.O. Box. I never would have expected to be known by name alone from any other company I deal with.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                  I like the overuse of exclamation points. Apparently it's the only acceptable punctuation to be used anymore. I forgot, "!!!"
                  I know!! (!)

Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Brian,

Just to torment the staff at CD, after every email you receive from the type of customer who inspired this thread, I think you need to hang up a poster of the following graphic in the office for three days.

YourBest.jpg

Yes, I am kidding!

Comment

Obviously, whenever you work in or around customer service, this sort of thing is part of the job, but I'm always a little surprised because it's just not how I like to handle those situations when I'm the customer -- and in my experience it usually doesn't get the best results, either.

We've ALL had a situation where we've had to call on customer service to fix a problem, and in my experience the people who work those jobs respond really well to a customer who is polite. They get yelled at so much for things that aren't their fault that they want to go the extra mile for the customer who says, "I know this isn't your fault, but can you help me get it fixed?"

Of course, some companies won't let their customer service people go the extra mile, but that's when you have to kick things up the chain of command. Yelling at the guy or girl who answers the phone doesn't help you out and it just piles some crap on them. Again, at least in my experience.

Luckily, like I said, 99% of our customers are awesome and here for the long-term, so I just remember that when someone is yelling at me or Mindy because they weren't treated special enough (which is today's angry emailer of the day!).

Brian
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Ok, so is that a no on my poster idea?

Comment

Maybe a thread for your customer service nightmares (ommitting names and addresses of course) would be amusing here, Brian. Just to show people some of the things you have to put up with. I'd enjoy it! Maybe just a twice-a-week thing.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

They can be posted by a new board member: Frian Breeman. Nobody will even know....

Comment

I fully support Squire's idea!

I'd love to read all the hate mail you got from Brad after that one thread...

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                                Brian,

Just to torment the staff at CD, after every email you receive from the type of customer who inspired this thread, I think you need to hang up a poster of the following graphic in the office for three days.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2826[/ATTACH]

Yes, I am kidding!
                                We would never be able to take it down.... lol
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X