No announcement yet.

Tips on how to be a normal, well adjusted human being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, this guy is STILL pissed at us because he entered his address wrong. Today he "yelled" at Mindy in an email that he wanted to talk to someone who could "actually help him."

I'm thinking a doctor of some kind is his best bet. Did I mention that this was over a $15 order that we would have been happy to re-ship to the correct address if he would just give us the address? Instead of swearing up a storm and demanding we cancel his order?

Sigh... People like this make you REALLY appreciate all of our good customers, who do easily outnumber the bad by a lot!

Brian
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

He/she should take some prescription medication and have a nice, quiet lie down - mebbe in the middle of a busy road ????

Comment

"he wanted to talk to someone who could "actually help him."...

He could have just used google, but if he wants to email CD for a list of shrinks in his area, well then who's gonna stop him?

Comment

I was gonna say, I'm sure he could find some cheap psychiatrists online who would listen to his rant. Are you the staff shead shrinker, Brian?
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            I was gonna say, I'm sure he could find some cheap psychiatrists online who would listen to his rant. Are you the staff shead shrinker, Brian?
            HA!

I mean, I think we've all been in situations where we're really upset for one reason or another, maybe even over something "small" like a $15 order that we mistakenly had sent to the wrong address, but why take it out on the person who is trying to help you? And why still be so angry about it several days later? That just seems like a sign of a bigger problem, you know?

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

If this is the worst thing that will ever happen to this guy in his life, then I'd say he's pretty lucky. Perspective dude, get some.

Thanks for the welcomes and no, I'm not an Aussie. I live in these here United States.
              "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
                If this is the worst thing that will ever happen to this guy in his life, then I'd say he's pretty lucky. Perspective dude, get some.

Thanks for the welcomes and no, I'm not an Aussie. I live in these here United States.
                Ah, I see, "In Like Flynn" is just so .... Australian sounding ... Right up there with calling someone Errol if he/she makes a lot of .... mistakes ....

Comment

But Errol Flynn was quite flawless. Where did that association come from?? (Errol Flynn is the only Errol I know - "How did he do such fantastic stunts... with such tiny feet" - Hedley Lamarr (Harvey Korman), "Blazing Saddles")
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                    But Errol Flynn was quite flawless. Where did that association come from?? (Errol Flynn is the only Errol I know - "How did he do such fantastic stunts... with such tiny feet" - Hedley Lamarr (Harvey Korman), "Blazing Saddles")
                    This one comes in two parts .. the first one is publishable (see the Wikipedia link) the other not so ...

"In Like Flynn" ---- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_like_Flynn

T
                    he other one (as far as I'm aware) is distinctly Australian and relates to Flynn's apparent success with the fairer sex back in the day ... Thus, if someone screws up a lot, they're referred to as an Errol (ie- he &*^%#$ everything he touches) ...
                    Last edited by Grant Wootton; 01-31-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

And I never realized Flynn was Australian. That helps explain your fascination.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                        And I never realized Flynn was Australian. That helps explain your fascination.
                        Yep, born and bred in Tasmania ... One of our bands (back in the early 80's) even wrote a song about him (see link).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzNN4IMyx8

Have included the lyrics, cos the song makes bugger all sense with them

CONVICT STATE
                        IT JUST WON'T RATE
                        HE WANT TO GET HIGHER
                        APPLE ISLE, THE INBRED SMILE
                        HE'S GONNA GET BY'A
                        HIS MOTHER'S HAND
                        HE COULD NOT STAND
                        HE LEFT FOR THE ISLANDS
                        TO FISH AND HUNT
                        TO TAKE A PUNT
                        THE NEW GUINEA HIGHLANDS
                        CHORUS
                        OH ERROL - I WOULD GIVE
                        EVERYTHING, JUST TO BE LIKE HIM

HE HAD TO GO
                        THE SIROCCO
                        HE'S SAILIN' THE HIGH SEAS
                        HOLLYWOOD, CAPTAIN BLOOD
                        HE'S BILLING THE NAZI'S
                        TOOK A REBEL STAND
                        WITH THE CONTRABAND
                        COAST OF MEXICO
                        HE WANT TO POUNCE
                        LIKE AN ANIMAL
                        TO GIRLS HE JUST CAN'T SAY NO
                        CHORUS
                        HE HAD THEM ALL
                        SCREAMIN' FOR MORE
                        HE PLAY THE WILD SCENE
                        AH SCANDALISE, NO COMPRISE
                        HE'S DOWN ON HIS KNEES
                        SWASHBUCKING
                        HE WAS THE KING
                        THE TOAST OF TINSEL TOWN
                        THEY BUILD HIM UP
                        THEY TOOK IT ALL
                        AND THEY JUST CUT HIM DOWN
                        CHORUS

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                          HA!

I mean, I think we've all been in situations where we're really upset for one reason or another, maybe even over something "small" like a $15 order that we mistakenly had sent to the wrong address, but why take it out on the person who is trying to help you? And why still be so angry about it several days later? That just seems like a sign of a bigger problem, you know?

Brian
                          There are 3 possible reasons why this person is acting this way.

1 - Brain Size - small ..if he was your next door neighbor he would send his dog over to poop on your lawn.

2 - another part of his anatomy is also small ... so he is so mad at the world because of this and takes it out on everyone.

3 - 5 feet tall or less and has little man syndrome.. got a few of those at work ...they must yell and scream and act tough to make themselves seem bigger.

or if it was a woman swearing in the email it is because her husband has one of these 3 problems.

If I offended anyone with this reply then you must have one on the above problems and I am truley sorry.

oh and on a different note .. I changed my email address on my account do I have to let mindy know because I am not receiving any announcements anymore.

Comment

I associated Hedda's statement not with Errrol Flynn, but with James Coburn.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061810/

I assmed she just changed "Flint" to "Flynn" to make it rhyme. This is just more evidence of the "New World's" bias and prejuice against everything non-American. We think of or own contributions to the Cultural Lexicon before anybody else's. So, even though I was wrong in my assumptons, in my own fevered and diseased mind mind, I knew she COULD NOt be an Aussie. Besides, her profile said she was from the states.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I was going for the Flynn reference, as that's the way I learned it.

But, since you mentioned James Coburn, I'll just throw this out there for fun.

When I was a little girl, Harry in Your Pocket starring James as a pick pocket extraordinaire was on TV. He teaches two would-be scammers the intricacies of pick pocketing by hanging a suit of clothes on a clothes hanger and rigging the breast pocket (where most men kept their money wallets) with a little bell. And he had his protege practice and practice on this thing.

Well, I took a suit of my dad's, suspended it from a hanger and attached one of those bird seed bells (picked clean of the seed) to the lapel and practiced pick pocketing. Don't ask me why I chose to spend so much time doing this. I have never been, nor plan on becoming, a pick pocket. In my foggy memory, I was very successful and could have become a world renowned pick pocket as long as the gentlemen held still and paid no attention to the small child pawing at their chest.
                              "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                I associated Hedda's statement not with Errrol Flynn, but with James Coburn.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061810/

I assmed she just changed "Flint" to "Flynn" to make it rhyme. This is just more evidence of the "New World's" bias and prejuice against everything non-American. We think of or own contributions to the Cultural Lexicon before anybody else's. So, even though I was wrong in my assumptons, in my own fevered and diseased mind mind, I knew she COULD NOt be an Aussie. Besides, her profile said she was from the states.
                                Mr Boone, I resent the implication that I've ever, ever, ever been "juiced" against anyone (pre, post or apple !!!) and I only have one ass, not two, although the one I have is broken !!!!! Anyways, we Australian luv our American compatriots, especially with a side serve of bacon and golden brown toast .. nom .. nom .. nom ..

Comment

Working...
                                X