Tips on how to be a normal, well adjusted human being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tasmaniac View Post
    Years ago I emailed Brian to say how much I enjoyed reading his novel, Immoral. He was very gracious in stating it was written by a different Brian Freeman! Man, did I feel like a boob!

Two Brian Freemans in the US? What are the odds?
    What really caused a lot of confusion was that I had been publishing under the name Brian Freeman since 1994, but then another Brian Freeman came along in the mid-2000s. Normally what you'll see the new author do in that situation is add a middle initial or middle name to their byline, or use a variation on their name, but he decided not to for some reason. Of course, I was not the first Brian Freeman ever in publishing. There were a few others who were, as far as I could tell in the 90s, retired by the time I came along. Oh well. I've grown to like seeing my middle name on the cover, and it DOES make it easier to sort of my work out of any search results.

Brian
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Hey Brian, if it would make it easier, you could put my name on the books from now on. It whould be easily distinguished from other author names for searching purposes. Also, I know 'the ladies" would just love me in "my" author photo.

Comment

I almost bought a book from the other Brian Freeman and when I realized it was not the same person I became more confused and then Brian freeman from CD and LRB became Brian James Freeman and I fell down on the floor crying cause I thought I was loosing my mind.Then I realised you can not loose what you do not have.Then someone set me straight and I felt sooo much better................till today and you guys made me relive my nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Hey Brian, if it would make it easier, you could put my name on the books from now on. It whould be easily distinguished from other author names for searching purposes. Also, I know 'the ladies" would just love me in "my" author photo.
          If you put my name on your books and my picture you can keep the royalties.Just send me every book LRB and CD put out for ever.

Comment

That would be an awesome contest prize. Every book from now going forth.

Comment

Well, once upon a time I did win a lifetime subscription to the magazine, but one of those lifetime subscriptions to the books would be an awesome contest prize.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I could live with that! (I also have a lifetime sub to CD mag.)
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I still hate you for that

Comment

Shouldn't that post be in the other thread
                    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                    I still hate you for that

Comment

I hate him for alot of reasons it was meant for here but im sure theres quite a few other threads it fits.

Comment

I have that effect on women...

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I say start responding as James Kidman, that'll really confuse him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                            That would be an awesome contest prize. Every book from now going forth.
                            That would be an awesome contest. What also would be awesome contest is that Cd would have one of their authors (Brian Freeman) use a contest winners Name as one of the main characters in a novel or short story that they are working on. And the winner also gets a signed limited edition of that book. Now that would be awesome contest. Just a thought.

Comment

I like that Idea Menace...depending on that character gets depicted. lol

Comment

Well, the villian in Ronald Kelly's first novel was named Squire and the hero in his upcoming novel is named Boone...
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X