Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cemetery Dance "All You Can Read" eBook Membership 2012!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very true, as well as once the all you can read deal is over, stick around and keep buying more ebooks.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      Very true, as well as once the all you can read deal is over, stick around and keep buying more ebooks.
      Yep. Every reader helps support the company, whether they're buying the eBooks or the print editions.

The margins in the collectible book business keep getting tighter and tighter, which is why so many presses have gone under in the last ten years. My hope is that in the next decade our eBooks will be play a major role in keeping our Limited Editions affordable and flourishing for many years to come. With the way the cost of the printing is skyrocketing, other revenue streams are critical to publishers who want to keep beautiful print editions alive.

Brian
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Well then if you get more coustomers and more revenue streams that is great.Do you know how many coustomers have stuck around and continued to purchase your books after Blockade Billy was released.If the percentage is the same or greater for the e-book club this year will that help with revenue.I hope you will be around for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          Well then if you get more coustomers and more revenue streams that is great.Do you know how many coustomers have stuck around and continued to purchase your books after Blockade Billy was released.If the percentage is the same or greater for the e-book club this year will that help with revenue.I hope you will be around for a long time.
          That's something that's really hard to keep track of. We also hope we'll be around for a long time.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            We also hope we'll be around for a long time.
            No shit

Comment

Guys, well thought out (and executed) plan, and I, for one, am absolutely certain CD will continue to flourish

Comment

I hope so.I hear the words needed cash flow and I kind of freak out.However it seems that CD has set the standard for what quality is about in a limited edition.Hope the people who receive their first CD book through this club will recognize that.

Comment

My original post wasn't a request to locate when to find recent ebook releases on the website. I was able to locate that, and that's where I was able to determine that there were 4 new releases since the membership announcement. Based upon what I am hearing here the 'dozens of new eBooks' in the original membership announcement is not likely. While I agree that having the previous released titles included was a nice benefit - I was really looking forward to the new eBooks mentioned in the original offer, so this is disappointing. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by BGill View Post
                    My original post wasn't a request to locate when to find recent ebook releases on the website. I was able to locate that, and that's where I was able to determine that there were 4 new releases since the membership announcement. Based upon what I am hearing here the 'dozens of new eBooks' in the original membership announcement is not likely. While I agree that having the previous released titles included was a nice benefit - I was really looking forward to the new eBooks mentioned in the original offer, so this is disappointing. Just my two cents.
                    We do have "dozens" in the works, but in the works, doesn't mean ready to launch. Right now we're trying to spread the one's we have ready out so we make sure we have things to announce. If we released all of what we have ready now, than nothing for 6 months, most people wouldn't be very happy.

Instagram

Comment

I was really looking forward to the new eBooks mentioned in the original offer, so this is disappointing.
                      Getting $130+ worth of eBooks right away, while also getting a $40 signed Limited Edition and dozens of other eBooks over the course of the year, all for $49... is "disappointing"...? I don't follow your thinking.

Brian
                      Brian James Freeman

Comment

@BGill - the ebook deal was a massive discount!! Plus, you keep referring to the fact that dozens of books were promised in 2012, but "only" 4 have been released... Its only March, still a long way to go before 2012 is over and done with. That's plenty of time to get the new ebook count into the doznes!

Comment

OK, not trying to sound like I am complaining too much - but everyone seems to be missing my point. Getting $130 worth of books right away is great, and the limited hardcover is great. If that's ALL that was mentioned in the offer, you're right - I'd have nothing to complain about.

'Getting $130+ worth of eBooks right away, while also getting a $40 signed Limited Edition and dozens of other eBooks over the course of the year, all for $49... is "disappointing"...? I don't follow your thinking.' Again, are we really saying dozens of books? I understand we are only at the end of March - 4 books, 1 since January - I'm just looking for an update, plan an simple.

Bottom line - if we do end up getting dozens of books, great - I'll be happy. If not, I will be disappointed as that is what was stated in the membership.

Comment

BGill - I've been known to buy a thing or two from CD, and I can tell you, here and now, that this is the best deal that they have offered (and there have been a few)!!! My only regret ??? Getting on the eReader bandwagon too late to take advantage of the deal while Brian & Dan had their metaphorical pants down around their knees !!!!! Mate, you got on board, so ... just ... enjoy .. all the benefits to come in the next 8 months

Comment

Bottom line - if we do end up getting dozens of books, great - I'll be happy.
                              We don't share our publication plans for unannounced books, so we can't tell you what titles are coming, but it's a mix of brand new releases and some "classic" oldies that haven't been available as eBooks yet and yes you will get everything you were promised.

Brian
                              Brian James Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                                We don't share our publication plans for unannounced books, so we can't tell you what titles are coming, but it's a mix of brand new releases and some "classic" oldies that haven't been available as eBooks yet and yes you will get everything you were promised.

Brian
                                Great - looking forward to hearing about the titles as they are announced. I am a long-time customer too, although probably not as long-time as some folks here. I was even part of the Coupon Book club for a couple of years (circa 2006-2007). I appreciate the update.

Comment

Working...
                                X