TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    Dan, any collection must have a first appearance. Although, I've sinced looked it up and the true first appearance of Hellboy was a San Diego Comic Con commemorative comic, but Next Men was the 1st mass audience appearance.
    True, but I'm really not that hardcore about it.... lol.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Awesome comics Terry!

Comment

Thank you, thank you! More to come.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Love the comics.Just great stuff.

Comment

Hey, Terry, LOVE the Disney stuff you posted - Batman as well.
            I was wondering about the Disney-Marvel connection. Would you know if Marvel has continued the classicDisney sries, like Uncle Scrooge or Donald Duck?
            I bought some of the Kaboom! issues, but for the last couple of months...nothing.

sk

Comment

I haven't looked into the publishing history lately, but I don't think Marvel is doing anything with Disney comics. It would be a great reciprocal deal since Disney bought Marvel, and would make a lot of sense. I haven't been too happy with what I've seen from Boom Comics, though. I don't mind new stuff being published, but I loved how Gladstone mixed new, classic, and European stories when they had the contract.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

So, then who's publishing the new Disney material ??
                I need my Uncle Scrooge fix!!

sk

Comment

Calm down ,Siep!

Do you want to talk about it?
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

With some quick research it looks like Boom! comics had the license last, but it seems they aren't doing it anymore. I remember there was a very good European publisher (maybe Egmont?) that brought us Daan Jippes, Romeo Scarpa, and maybe the early Don Rosa stuff. Any idea if they're still around.

Comment

Daan Jippes still is, but he's moved on to other projects. He's doing HAVANK, a graphic novel interpretation of a Dutch detective novel series:

sk

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        Calm down ,Siep!

Do you want to talk about it?

sk

Comment

Siep, that looks like an original page of art. Yours? or something off the net?

You may just have to wait for the next Fantagraphics album for your Scrooge fix. (I won't send you any of my stuff, well... maybe if I come across some doubles.) Or maybe mainline some DuckTales DVDs.

Comment

I wish, Terry. No, I got that page off the www. And yes, I know about the upcoming Scrooge album - of course I pre-ordered it. Can't wait!

sk

Comment

When I did my amazon search for Daan Jippes I found that he did the graphic novel adaptation of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?". I'm going to have to find that as I'm going through these boxes. I'm pretty sure I've got it.

Comment

The new prieviews guide only lists a 4 issue muppets series from Disney that is being issued through Marvel.They seem to have gotten away from the classics and are doing limited series based on newer Disney stuff.IDW is doing Popeye Boom just finished Peanuts and is doing Garfield next.I get the comic Preview guide every month if any thing comes up I will let you all know.Fantagaphics books seem to be the only ones doing classic Disney and I believe they are all reissues.
                                Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                                Hey, Terry, LOVE the Disney stuff you posted - Batman as well.
                                I was wondering about the Disney-Marvel connection. Would you know if Marvel has continued the classicDisney sries, like Uncle Scrooge or Donald Duck?
                                I bought some of the Kaboom! issues, but for the last couple of months...nothing.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X