No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first Lobo solo mini-series. there's been talk of a Lobo movie for years, but it would have to be by somebody with the guts to have it be ultra violent, foul, and funny as hell. Hollywood wouldn't like it, since it would have to offend so many people.

book2 009.jpg
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

This one's for my buddy Dan! As mentioned recently on "The Big Bang Theory", here's Next Men #21, the first appearance of Hellboy.

book2 019.jpg

And the first issue of Dark Horse Presents that had a Hellboy story

book2 018.jpg
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I love Lobo! Isn't that the one that begins that he was having a bad day, so he destroyed a universe, which made him feel better? Hahahaah...
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm not sure. I do remember that he killed everyone on his home planet because he wanted to be the only one of his kind.

Comment

An addition to the Neil Gaiman oeuvre. "The Books of Magic".

book2 010.jpgbook2 011.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
              I'm not sure. I do remember that he killed everyone on his home planet because he wanted to be the only one of his kind.
              That sounds more acurate. It's been years since I looked at it, the 4 issue mini-series. Who's the cover artist on The Books of Magic? Very much on the AWESOME side of life!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

4 different artists. The same as who did the interiors. If you can't read them:
                1 - John Bolton
                2 - Charles Vess
                3 - Scott Hampton
                4 - Paul Johnson
                I think the Bolton is my favorite.

Comment

"Cheval Noir #1" from Dark Horse. I think this was an attempt by Dark Horse Comics to do a comic like "Heavy Metal". I just wanted to show off the Dave Stevens cover. He was an incredible artist; most famous for "The Rocketeer" and making Bettie Page popular again.

book2 012.jpg

Comment

I agree with your Bolton cover assessment. Great additions, TErry!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

"Coyote #11". I think this series is almost completely forgotten. But this issue had an interesting history in its backup story. As you can see from the credits.

book2 016.jpgbook2 013.jpgbook2 015.jpg

No giant capes, but a definite style even from the very beginning.

Comment

Speaking of history, the 600th issue of Detective Comics to feature Batman.

book2 017.jpg

Comment

Now a few for my Dutch friend Mr. Siep. A nice painted Barks cover.

book2 020.jpg

I think this one was the first US printing of Don Rosa's "A Return to Plain Awful" and has a reproduction of the Barks painting that inspired the story.

book2 021.jpgbook2 022.jpg

Comment

And one box of the Gladstone Albums. The first was a special of all Don Rosa stories, and another nice (if blurry) Barks painting. For all the rest of you who have never experience Carl Barks's Disney Duck stories, do yourselves a favor and find some to try. Don Rosa is a modern disciple of Barks and almost equals the master in quality of art and stories.

book2 024.jpgbook2 025.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                              This one's for my buddy Dan! As mentioned recently on "The Big Bang Theory", here's Next Men #21, the first appearance of Hellboy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7993[/ATTACH]

And the first issue of Dark Horse Presents that had a Hellboy story

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7994[/ATTACH]
                              Nice! I've thought about picking those up, but I'm more concerned with completing my collection of Hellboy and BPRD main series comics first. Though I haven't gotten anything Hellboy in awhile, I've been working on my Terry Brooks stuff.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Dan, any collection must have a first appearance. Although, I've sinced looked it up and the true first appearance of Hellboy was a San Diego Comic Con commemorative comic, but Next Men was the 1st mass audience appearance.

Comment

Working...
                                X