Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expertise in hobbling?
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Agree.I love King but not all of his stuff.But I will always buy the next new king book because he is more hit then miss.

Comment

Great SK related posts Terry, thanks for sharing And, yep, I'm with most of you guys, I consider myself to be a King diehard, however, there's some of his stuff that makes my eyes bleed (I still read, and re-read, these novels, but they're a chore instead of a joy, like the majority of his works are to me).

Comment

Grant, there's so much great stuff out there that you shouldn't bother re-reading something that makes your eyes bleed. The first read, yeah, but not more. Heck I made it through "Rose Madder" and "Insomnia" and "Thinner" (on the second try), but need to go back there again.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

And I'll never go back to Insomnia, Black House, or The Stand (1990).
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I have to go back to insomnia at some point...to finish it because I couldn't lol. And never tried black house or Thinner yet. But if I remember correctly Thinner is a bachman book which I tend to not like. I didnt finish "The Bachman books" because I couldn't get through the long walk but I loved Rage. I'll have to finish the bachman books too I guess. I have what may be the original running man paperback but I can't find it. I have a feeling that its the movie tie in with Schwarzenegger? my firefox says thats spelled right...iunno anyway with him on it. I can't remember for the life of me and can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                Grant, there's so much great stuff out there that you shouldn't bother re-reading something that makes your eyes bleed. The first read, yeah, but not more. Heck I made it through "Rose Madder" and "Insomnia" and "Thinner" (on the second try), but need to go back there again.
                Who's to say that maybe I like bleeding eyes ???? Seriously though, the only two that I had/have difficultly with are Dreamcatcher and From a Buick 8 - I don't hate them, I just don't like them a whole lot, and I'll re-read anything that I feel I didn't give my whole attention to the first time around (well, if it's a King, or a Koontz, I'll make the effort) ...

Comment

I also consider myself a hardcore SK-fanatic, but I've read most of his stuff only once.
                  For the simple fact that there's so much else I want to read, and re-reading a novel is fine, but not when my tbr-pile is waiting.
                  One life is simply not enough.

sk

Comment

I'm not a rereader. Not even much of a rewatcher when it comes to movies unless I really love it.with books there's always something new to read instead. Wouldn't keep my attention of I knew how it ends already...or doesn't end in some cases.

Comment

Even with my huge TBR pile (well shelves and shelves and boxes galore), I'll revisit the best of the best. When i had a lot more reading time (with a previous job), I'd spend 2 or 3 weeks rereading "One Hundred Years of Solitude" every summer. I've read a lot of King's books twice and there are quite a few that I need to visit yet again. It's been too long since I've read "Salem's Lot", and "Carrie", "Christine", "Night shift" and "The Dead Zone" haven't been read since my teenage years.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I can't go back and reread something nor do I watch movies twice for the most part. Good morning Terry. How goes the story you're working on?

Comment

Good Morning Randy. Nothing more this weekend, but by a strange twist I've got this one plotted out to the end already. That's very rare for me, since I usually make it up as I go along. But this time I've got every plot point set. Hopefully once I'm rolling again, it will just all flow right out.

Comment

Man I love it when it flows like that. I have an idea for a story but the plot is constipated in me. I want to create a new monster, something totally fresh. Well I got it finally after just having a name bouncing around in my head for three days. I have the creature all thought out but I can't seem to get the story itself out of me. I'll go cut grass and think on it some more. This guy could go either horror (I hope) or dark fantasy (very good possibility). I guess we'll see. Other than that, I'm out of nightmares lately. I could go back and lots AND I DO MEAN LOTS of editing on all these other tales, if nothing comes by tomorrow. Hope your Sunday is pleasant.

Comment

I moved some more comic boxes today, and a few new pics will be coming soon. HUGE tease for Dan, though. He'll love one thing I found!

Comment

Hellboy??

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X