TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely gorgeous, Terry!
    I've always dreamed about attending the World Horror Convention. One day, hopefully....
    I did manage to attend the 48th World Science Fiction Convention, though, when it was held in my country, in The Hague.
    That was the last time I met Forrest J. Ackerman. Great guy - sorely missed.

sk

Comment

Hey Siep, speaking of Forrey (nice opportunity for a segue) here's a couple more King magazines I found.

book19 004.jpgbook19 013.jpg
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Great!!
        Thanks for posting!!
        I'm a sucker for anything Frankenstein related. Maybe more so than King.
        Nah...that can't be true...

sk

Comment

Well, I finally got the storage place and started to move some stuff out of the basement. I'll be rediscovering a lot of stuff and posting some of it that might interest you guys. The comics will be the first stuff to move since they're in strong boxes and I'm less likely to reread any of them soon. If anyone has an particular interests, let me know, I post stuff as I come across it.

First are a couple events some of you remember. The death of Superman from 1993. We all knew it wouldn't last, but the story was pretty good. And a few years later, he got married to Lois, finally.

book19 001.jpgbook19 007.jpg
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I LOVE comics!
            Show us your stuff, Terry!!

sk

Comment

1st issue of "Spawn". This was a huge deal at the time, and I had been digging MacFarlane's art since his days on "Infinity, Inc." Now he's just got a giant head, and I could care less. But I still like the HUGE capes he'd draw.

book19 002.jpg

Comment

Joe315 posted a reprint of "Simpsons Comics #1" that he got in the Simpsons/Futurama crossover hardback. Here's the first 2 issues for Joe.

book19 003.jpg

Comment

Some for Mr. Siep. I'm sure the earlier issues, and other titles, are in different boxes. These were a good and affordable reprint set.

book19 005.jpgbook19 006.jpg

Comment

Nothing too special here. Just wanted to express my love for Steve Rude's artwork. And Moebius, too (I was saddened to hear that he passed away last month).

book19 008.jpgbook19 009.jpg

Comment

I think most of you know I really like Bernie Wrightson's art. These are for anyone who ever wanted to see him draw Alien.

book19 010.jpgbook19 011.jpgbook19 012.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                        Some for Mr. Siep. I'm sure the earlier issues, and other titles, are in different boxes. These were a good and affordable reprint set.
                        I've seen a couple of HC collections. I never read any of these...One day..

sk

Comment

Oh, and I'm crazy about the Wrightson art!!
                          BW must be one of my top-3 artists.

sk

Comment

I love comics! Great stuff Terry! Really like the cover of the first Spawn issue!

Comment

More curiosities to come, then.

Comment

Great stuff Terry - the Batman Aliens appeals quite a bit (even though I'm not usually a comic reader)

Comment

Working...
                                X