No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh !!! Terry, post more quickly - someone's gonna have to wipe up that slobber before it reaches tidal proportions

Comment

I will not be held responsible for Squire (aka Hooch)'s spit problems.

"What...did you swallow a shoe?"
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Here are a few things that haven't been put away yet. First is Subterranean 2. Purchased for the Joe Hill connection. Got a nice low number on this one, as opposed to what I usually get.

BOOK3 001.jpgBOOK3 002.jpgBOOK3 003.jpgBOOK3 004.jpgBOOK3 005.jpg
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Next is CD's own Big Book of Necon. This will be filed with the Gaiman stuff. But lots of other great sigs here. I just wish they could have gotten King to sign this one.

BOOK3 010.jpgBOOK3 011.jpgBOOK3 006.jpgBOOK3 007.jpgBOOK3 008.jpgBOOK3 009.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
            Next is CD's own Big Book of Necon. This will be filed with the Gaiman stuff. But lots of other great sigs here. I just wish they could have gotten King to sign this one.
            We tried Terry! But sadly we could only convince him to sign enough for the Artist and Lettered editions.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Next is Earthling's "The Very Best of Best New Horror". I was a little disappointed that it was reprint material, but what great reprint material. And the contributors can't be beat.

BOOK3 012.jpgBOOK3 013.jpgBOOK3 014.jpgBOOK3 015.jpg

Comment

And here's (as Grant calls it) the Money Shot. If you haven't noticed, I'm not the kind to use profanities, but this is one Hell of a signature page!!!

BOOK3 016.jpg

Six of my favorite writers, and 5 for which I have s/l collections. The only one missing is Bradbury.

Comment

I thought a lot of you guys had this one, but I don't remember seeing many pictures. This is the unsigned artist version of "Knowing Darkness, Artists Inspired by Stephen King" which I was able to pick up on a scratch & dent sale for a great price, then saw no flaws to it when I received it. Happy me. The last picture has the UK version of 11/22/63 just to show how big this sucker really is. (It's larger than a world atlas that I have shelved nearby)

BOOK3 017.jpgBOOK3 018.jpgBOOK3 019.jpgBOOK3 020.jpg

I also love that they used 2 of my favorite covers (and both from The Stand)

Comment

And finally, for today, the McSweeney's tribute to newspapers, with King's article about the 2009 World Series as a special insert to the Sports Section.

BOOK3 021.jpgBOOK3 022.jpgBOOK3 023.jpg

Comment

Great additions, Terry! I'm close to pulling the trigger on The very Best of "Best of New Horror". And thanks for the pics of Knowing Darkness!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I was hesitant at first, but could not pass on King, Gaiman, Hill, Straub, and Barker too! Good luck on finding a copy.

Comment

Here's a couple shots of the overcrowded Ray Bradbury shelf. On the outside are mostly trade versions, including the wonderful "The Stories of Ray Bradbury". I don't know how many times I checked this one out of the library before I bought myself a copy.

DSCF0002.jpg
                          DSCF0001.jpg
                          Last edited by TerryE; 01-14-2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

And here are the limiteds and some more trades.

DSCF0010.jpg
                            DSCF0009.jpg

Comment

The s/l Masques V from Gauntlet. No Bradbury signature, but he's in the book, and it does have a Clive Barker sig. Also a wonderful low number on this.

BOOK4 003.jpgBOOK4 004.jpgBOOK4 005.jpgBOOK4 006.jpg

Comment

Gauntlet's version of The Halloween Tree, including the chapbook (shown with the endpapers w/ Bradbury artwork).

BOOK4 010.jpgBOOK4 011.jpgBOOK4 012.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X