No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some examples of the illustrations throughout "Stardust". Just beautiful stuff.

book9 002.jpgbook9 003.jpg
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

A matching set of Sandman hardbacks. I think these are 2nd or 3rd prints for each of these books, but I love the dustcover design, and they look great on the shelf. Also, the other Sandman related books ("Endless Nights" and "The Dream Hunters") and the hardback collection of Marvel's "1602".

book9 001.jpg
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Back when Hill House Publishers was still doing okay, they made a deal with Gaiman to publish limited editions of his work. They advertised them as the Author's Preferred Editions, offering additional text that wasn't in the trade editions. Customers could sign up for subscriptions where they would have first opportunity for purchase and matching numbers, as well as some bonuses that wouldn't be offered to the general public. A great plan! (If only it could have lasted much longer) The first offering was a chapbook of an excised chapter from "American Gods". [As you can see I was #43, which I chose, being my birthday 4/3]

book9 020.jpgbook9 021.jpgbook9 022.jpg

Comment

The first book was "American Gods", a great and fun read, and very nice edition. FYI, I just read that Neil is working on a script for an HBO series of American Gods, and planning a short story that takes place after the "Legends II" novella 'Monarch of the Glen', and also planning a sequel novel.

Book8 027.jpgBook8 028.jpgBook8 029.jpgBook8 032.jpgBook8 033.jpg

Comment

Hill House made some beautiful books. I also liked the windows on many of the slipcases.

For American Gods, they also gave the reader a paperback copy for true reading purposes. I think we talked about this Patrick's thread, but again it was a great idea and a nice book in its own right. And had my matching # too.

book9 030.jpgbook9 031.jpg

Comment

Love that hill House's AG edition. beautiful!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Along with the order of "American Gods", we were treated to "A Screenplay". I don't know if there were any rights issues going on that prevented the title being used, but it was an early draft by Neil of a script for "Good Omens" that never did get made.

book9 010.jpgbook9 011.jpgbook9 012.jpg

Comment

D'oh! If anything shoud have been made, it was Good Omens! Very nice! Me like lots!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'd love to see a proper adaptation of "Good Omens" myself. At one point, Terry Gilliam was attached and that would have been great.

Comment

Next came "Melinda"; essentially a children's story with illustrations by Dagmara Matuszak. Another nice production. The protective envelope even had a piece of art and was numbered. You can't tell from the last picture, but some of the pages had cardstock illustrations pasted onto the book page.

book9 016.jpgbook9 013.jpgbook9 014.jpgbook9 015.jpg

Comment

Another freebie was a promotional, preview chapbook before the release of "Anansi Boys". And more artwork by Dagmara Matuszak.

book9 023.jpgbook9 024.jpg

Comment

Awesome and most excellent adds Terry !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Next was the "Anansi Boys" book. This one was quite a project. Double slipcased with the book, and an additional notebook, both illustrated by Dagmara again.

Book8 040.jpgBook8 041.jpgBook8 042.jpgBook8 043.jpg

Comment

The slipcase had a wooden inlay medallion with the 7 legged spider that represents Anansi. And it's almost impossible to see in my camera shot, but the endpaper has a shiny black spider in the upper left corner.

Book8 044.jpgBook8 045.jpgBook8 046.jpg

Comment

Signature page, again with the 43, and some sample art.

Book8 047.jpgBook8 048.jpgBook8 049.jpgBook8 050.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X