TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    I leave for 1 day and my thread is full of idle chit-chat. But the zoo was fun. (Field trip, not you GUYS [fyi, Teri, I'm using it like Pete])
    Sounds like a fun trip. I'm going to take the little guy to the zoo over the summer. He loves animals so I cant wait for that trip.

Comment

It was a lot of fun, but very rushed since it was a school trip, and we had to finish in time to get everyone back before regular dismissal.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Double post sorry

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          And most of you have seen these already, but here are my copies of The Century's Best Horror Fiction. Dan was right, these two volumes do make for some heavy lifting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4893[/ATTACH]
          Do you know were to find slipcases for these 2 books?

Comment

No, but I've never looked. Did you check with Dan and/or Brian? They have several sizes of blank cases at CD, but I don't know if any are big enough.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

CD has two slipcases that fit, one perfectly and one a little snug. I believe I posted details and photo's in my collection thread.
              Originally posted by SUBLIMINAL View Post
              Do you know were to find slipcases for these 2 books?

Comment

Back to the King stuff. Here's LRB's "Riding the Bullet" gift edition. I really like the "Double" design and the flip-over text and cover.

book17 001.jpgbook17 002.jpgbook17 003.jpg

Comment

LRB "Riding the Bullet" s/l edition. Signed by Mick Garris and Alan M. Clark.

book17 004.jpgbook17 005.jpgbook17 010.jpgbook17 009.jpg

Comment

Some of Alan's artwork.

book17 006.jpgbook17 007.jpgbook17 008.jpg

Comment

sk

Comment

This next few are for TeriW, since I teased her yesterday. I'm hoping for some real hate here. FYI, I ended up buying 4 copies of "Under the Dome" when all was said and done. This one is the second copy of the trade edition I bought, since it was forced on me. I'd originally gotten a copy from amazon, and that became my reading copy which I gave to my cousin Henry when I was done. (Henry's 7 years older than me and helped get me into horror fiction when I was a pup. I remember borrowing quite a few paperbacks from him, including "The Dunwich Horror and Other Stories" which was my introduction to H. P. Lovecraft. Thank's Hank. He's also a big King fan. I'm having trouble finding the image online, but there's a drawing in "The Gunslinger" of a noose that's like a Celtic knot. Henry's got a tattoo of that image turned into a snake.)

Anyway, I had to buy this copy from Wal-mart as a caveat for getting the signature. This was on King's signing tour for UTD. One of the few stops (if you remember) was a Wal-mart store in Dundalk, MD. Not only is that a mere 10 minutes from my house, but also where I grew up. In fact, the property where the Wal-mart sits used to be a movie theater, and it's where I first saw Cujo. People like to talk bad about Wal-mart all the time, but these guys were very well organized for this signing event. They gave out numbered wristbands to 300 people in the morning, who had to buy the book from the store and come back for the signing with an intact wristband, the book, and the receipt. I showed up on my way to work, stood in line for an hour or so, got the band and bought the book. I came to work, then stopped back at the store. They lined us up in the order of the wristband and stood us in another line while King gave his talk then signed the books.

Anyway, here's the personally signed trade version of "Under the Dome".

book17 039.jpgbook17 040.jpg

Comment

Now Scribner's special edition. From the outside the only difference is the band around the jacket. There was also the character cards, color maps on the endpapers, and character illustrations throughout.

book17 011.jpg

Comment

Scribner's signed special collector's edition. (Quick can you tell the difference? Me either. The slipcase was an aftermarket [I think from Overlook]) No limitation page, just a blank sheet of paper with King's signature. What a disappointing edition! But still, a King signature is a King signature.

book17 012.jpgbook17 013.jpgbook17 014.jpg

Comment

I have an unsigned collector's edition--the only difference I saw were the map endpapers, the bronce band around the DJ and the 28 character cards included in the set. Most excellent entries, Terry!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Brilliant stuff Terry !!!! Really like your mini-collection of UTD's (most particularly the personally signed copy) !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X