TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    A few more odds and ends. Last year I promised to show my entire comic collection when I got it in order. This is everything except several half boxes of Disney stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13479[/ATTACH]
    Wow! That's quite a few comics you have there!

Comment

Nice Watchmen, love that series. I've shied away from the new stuff by other authors though.

Comment

I haven't been reading much new stuff, but really like the Fables collections that I've been getting. And with Sandman coming back, I'll have to start visiting the shop again soon.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

When does the Sandman thing start? Any idea how many issues it's supposed to run?

Comment

According to the DC/Vertigo website, Sandman: Overture starts Oct. 30 and will be 6 issues every 2 months. It will detail what occurred with Morpheus before he was captured by Roderick Burgess in issue 1 of the original series. Sounds cool.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

6 ever 2 months? Does that mean it's open ended? Do you know the total number of issues?

Comment

It's a 6 issue limited series, over the course of the year for Sandman's 25th anniversary.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                  According to the DC/Vertigo website, Sandman: Overture starts Oct. 30 and will be 6 issues every 2 months. It will detail what occurred with Morpheus before he was captured by Roderick Burgess in issue 1 of the original series. Sounds cool.
                  Hadn't heard about this, still Gaiman at the helm?

Comment

Yes he is. I am not getting the series because I have not read the rest.One day.

Comment

Yep. Gaiman writing and J. H. Williams (of Promethea and Batwoman fame) doing the art chores. I'm stoked.

Bookworm, you really need to read the rest. In fact everyone here who hasn't read Sandman, really should. Any newbies should be aware, though, that the first collected volume isn't as strong as the other nine. He really didn't gain his footing until issue 8, the end of the first volume. Although one of the segments is one of the most disturbing yet fascinating bits I've ever read.

Comment

I really like Gaiman.Read some of his other comics. That is quite the collection of comics.

Comment

Thank you. I like 'em too. Wife doesn't, so that's why they had to move out to their own place. I'm actually quite surprised I got them all in order in a year.

Comment

Wow, it's been a while since I updated. Purchases have slowed way down over the past couple years. But the good news is we saved enough to take the little guy to Disney this year. Also looking to move. But that has a huge downside; the realtor wants us to pack up everything before we start showing the house. It'll be sad to put all these babies into boxes.

Okay so onto the stuff. I missed this one when it came out, and a few months ago when a few more were found, but last week Subterranean found a few more and I finally jumped. Joe Hill's NOS4A2 with illustrations by Gabriel Rodriguez.

20140813_091038.jpg
                            20140813_091053.jpg
                            20140813_091122.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X