Ridley Scott's Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
    Thanks! What do you think about the discussion of an R rating vs PG-13 in the comments section on that page?
    My original reply must have been a bit long winded, by the time I went to post it I had been logged out, then I was called away from the computer. lol

I found the counter arguments that were Pro PG-13 more convincing than the 'needs to be an R' comments. The PG-13 rating doesn't bother me but I will hold judgment until after I've seen the movie as to whether it hurt the movie.

Comment

I didn't read all the comments, but someone pointed out how violent The Dark Knight seemed even though it was PG-13. The disappearing pencil was brilliant and gruesome, but you didn't see a thing. My mind filled it in all on its own. And I can trust Ridley Scott to push the boundaries without crossing the line. And I think a PG-13 can push the limits with violence, more than nudity or language.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
        I didn't read all the comments, but someone pointed out how violent The Dark Knight seemed even though it was PG-13. The disappearing pencil was brilliant and gruesome, but you didn't see a thing. My mind filled it in all on its own. And I can trust Ridley Scott to push the boundaries without crossing the line. And I think a PG-13 can push the limits with violence, more than nudity or language.
        The pencil scene is a really good example. I may have to watch that today.

Comment

Originally posted by cdfan View Post
          The pencil scene is a really good example. I may have to watch that today.
          Thats a good point Terry. I didn't even realize that DK was pg-13.

Comment

Beware, the link contains spoilers from the first 10 min of the movie (its an article written after a special screening of the first 10 min):

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1222668p1.html

Comment

As a huge fan of the Alien movies, I really, really, really, really want to see this movie. I did see the trailers and it caught my interest.

Comment

Jazzed about this one, stood in line for 5 hours to catch the premier of the first one.

I saw the first teaser and recognized certain elements from the first one so knew it was connected.
                If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Well it looks like this movie will be rated "R". According to a collider.com article, advance tickets have an R rating listed and the studio confirmed it's for “sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language.” That works for me. Hopefully it won't hurt the box office numbers.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Besides The Hobbit, this is the one release this year that's an absolute must-see!
                    (Plus of course The Guilt Trip..)

sk

Comment

Not "The Dark Knight Rises" for you Mr. Siep??

Comment

Here's an interesting article about why Del Toro says At the Mountains of Madness will probably not be made. And yes, it relates to Prometheus.

http://www.movieswithbutter.com/blog...-26416?_r=true
                        Last edited by srboone; 05-09-2012, 08:06 AM.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                          Not "The Dark Knight Rises" for you Mr. Siep??
                          Yessssss,forgot about that one.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            Here's an interesting article about why Del Toro says At the Mountains of Madness will probably not be made. And yes, it relates to Prometheus.

http://www.movieswithbutter.com/blog...-26416?_r=true
                            Is it safe to read, Squire? I mean, no spoilers??

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                              Is it safe to read, Squire? I mean, no spoilers??

sk
                              It doesn't really spoil anything if you don't know anything about Mountains of Madness.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Australian lad has seizure during intense scene of Prometheus.

http://www.newser.com/story/147799/b...rometheus.html
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X