No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow - hope the Flames have a back up plan, or are working on one, mind you hockey season is still 3 months away until camps open.

If New Orleans can do it, I am confident Calgary can too.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
      On a lighter note....I FOUND A PLACE TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Congratulations, Teri!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Congrats on the new place! I didn't see that post when I posted mine. My wife, and daughter want a more "out in the county" place, but right now, moving isn't even on the radar.

Comment

Moving was a necessity for us. We are living with my sister who also has her husband, son and brother living there. I also need to get my JR out here before my parents take a fit. lol. It will be good to finally have a place of our own. The country living is just a bonus. I am very excited though.

Comment

Post a pic when you can, Teri!
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Do you know how much effort it is to get my pictures to here from my phone. It requires getting my cord and putting them on my computer first. lol. I put em on my facebook but that dont help you guys. well, except Dan.

Comment

On a lighter note....I FOUND A PLACE TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An acreage east of the city, meaning OUT OF THE CITY. I am so Excited being a country girl and all. Born and raised "Out on the mira" Its got 4 acres of land for my energetic Jack Russell and a second bedroom...and you know what thats for...MY BOOOKS!!!!! Got myself a Book/DVD/Record room. Can't wait to hang some of my it artwork and my Chadbourne carrie. Its partially furnished so we save alot of money on things we need as well. It is a basement suite but rarely. It has huge windows, is mainly above ground, heated floors and a beautiful vanity in the bathroom and a two level decent sized deck...a place to read...if the mosquitos don't kill me. All this rain means the largest breeding ground in calgary history. His yard is also flooded a bit so moquito heaven. It's no where near the flood zone. the bow turns south as you leave the city. We just got a years worth of rain in 3 days according to the tele. so everywhere has flooding which are just large puddles compared to everywhere else.
                Congrats! Sounds like paradise (minus the mosquitoes).

Comment

Do you know how much effort it is to get my pictures to here from my phone. It requires getting my cord and putting them on my computer first. lol. I put em on my facebook but that dont help you guys. well, except Dan.
                  Can you send the images to your email straight from the phone? I've done before with my phone. Just go to the picture, options, share and mail (or Gmail). Easy to do with my phone at least.
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

I'm getting old and stubborn, stale, and un-pliable. I am so sick of the look at me generation. Everyone's important, everyone is special, everyone is entitled, and everyone wants everyone to look at them. I miss the days of treating people with respect (even if you don't agree with them), being happy with yourself, and knowing your weaknesses and limitations while being okay with them.
                    Last edited by Ben Staad; 06-27-2013, 04:07 PM.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Congrats Teri!! I'm finally all settled down in mine, so I know how happy you must feel!

Comment

Actually the pics were in my email to begin with, I just forgot. lol. I was thinking I save them from the ad. I saved them to my work computer today to show some coworkers so I will post them now since I am locked out of PowerBroker because It is a piece of shit and every time I stop using it for 15 minutes it tries to close but freezes instead and when I close it improperly It thinks I am still in. So now I am in it 3 times when I am not and the boss is not here to force me out. the only person who can has been with a client for almost an hour. Anyway you didnt need to know all of that so here are my pictures...

015.jpg020.jpgSuite vanity.jpgTub.jpg

There is no second bedroom in the pics or kitchen. You can't tell how large the place is because he only took a few and none of outside. I will get more to show my parents later and will show you guys too if you want.

Comment

Nice! I really the flooring in the living room. Is it true hardwood?

Comment

I love the flooring to. When I said I loved it they're like "Really? we're not sure" well I love it. I didn't really take notice to what it was at the time to be honest. But thinking back I am thinking it is probably laminate. Since it's technically a basement suite it probably not real wood. But I have seen people put it in a basement before. I love that it doesn't look or feel like a basement suite. I hate laminate with a dog though. This stuff probably wont show it up as much but when my dogs gets excited he sweats through his paws and leaves lil prints all over the floor. I am hoping the darker stuff will be better than the stuff I have in my old room.

Comment

Very nice Teri. Congrats.

Comment

Looks cozy, Teri. Big congratz! Looking forward to some outside pics.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X