Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
    Nah, don't need it, I use my fingers, they work fine, save the money and buy a book with it

Comment

Very cool. Now you have someone to get on your case when all those packages arrive.

Boy CD was busy sending out e-mail updates today. I think I got 6 at least.Nice that they keep us informed. Plus I did not realize how much I have ordered.
      Originally posted by srboone View Post
      Well, my new neighbor has moved in and is making herself quite comfortable (until I step outside with my camera.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12433[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12434[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        Not to change the subject or anything but every one head out this Saturday May 4th and run to your local comic book store for free comic book day.
        I would have missed this, thanks for the notice.

Comment

In a somewhat related comment to the Robin above.... Yesterday just outside where I live, a 3 foot long snapping turtle caused a minor 3 vehicle accident, sending one to hospital!

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/05...n-amherstburg/

And yes...the turtle made it unharmed!

A 3 foot turtle!!!!??? Didn't know they made 'em that big around here.

Comment

Snappers are like the T-rex of the turtle world. We were poking one with a broomstick when I was a kid and it snapped it like a tooth pick, gave me some instant respect. I am surprised there would be that large a turtle that far north.

alligator.jpg
            If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
              In a somewhat related comment to the Robin above.... Yesterday just outside where I live, a 3 foot long snapping turtle caused a minor 3 vehicle accident, sending one to hospital!

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/05...n-amherstburg/

And yes...the turtle made it unharmed!

A 3 foot turtle!!!!??? Didn't know they made 'em that big around here.
              Someone near where I lived in Illinois happened upon what he thought was a dead snapping turtle on the road. He decided to take it somewhere to be taken care of, so he pulled over and put the turtle in the passenger seat of his car. After a couple of minutes of driving he looked over and the turtle was up on the center console staring at him. It most of snapped at him because he lost control of his car and crashed into some shrubbery.

Comment

I've seen some big ass turtles while fishing, tail to head 3 feet is not unimaginable, but it is damn big. They love hanging around me, eating minnows and some of the fish we catch and release that are two weak to swim away before being munched.

Comment

[QUOTE=paperdragon;51317]Snappers are like the T-rex of the turtle world. We were poking one with a broomstick when I was a kid and it snapped it like a tooth pick, gave me some instant respect. I am surprised there would be that large a turtle that far north.

I don't really consider, where I am that far north at all. We are actually farther south than something like 15 US states (or a dozen states lie north of here?). Almost same latitude as Sacramento, CA. But still, I never really realized that turtles that big actually lived around here.

Comment

Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
                    Snappers are like the T-rex of the turtle world.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12473[/ATTACH]

Reminds me of my prom date!

Comment

Huzzah! My back orders from Dark Region are finally on their way! First one yesterday and the second today. Can't wait for Joe McKinney's Crooked House and Rick Hautala's Glimpses.

Comment

Newest tattoo, by the knuckle hurt like a mofo. It's "Brothers" in Hebrew to honor a recently fallen friend.

IMG_20130510_010454_227.jpg

Comment

Nice, and my condolences.

Comment

Sorry to hear that man.

Comment

So this happened in Game 4 of the playoff series between Boston and Toronto opening round Stanley Cup playoffs.

Mark Fraser on Toronto took a slapshot off the forehead....

Here is the CT scan image:
                              ouch.jpg

Comment

OUCH!

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                                So this happened in Game 4 of the playoff series between Boston and Toronto opening round Stanley Cup playoffs.

Mark Fraser on Toronto took a slapshot off the forehead....

Here is the CT scan image:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]12536[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X