Page 52 of 185 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3692

Thread: Random thoughts...

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Damien
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Dick Grayson
    Jason Todd
    Tim Drake
    Carrie Kelly
    ...Probably more. This list is 20 years old...

Who is it this time Leroy Schmuckitelli?

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    The edge of a valley in the middle of a desert.
    Didn't know this was a thing but at least he died doing what he loved...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/46...net-s-nest.htm

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

WOW, now that's kinky!

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Those crazy Swedes...
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Damien
    I haven't been keeping up these couple years, but he was kind of an annoying Robin. What issue was it? Batman must be distraught.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Just found out a YouTube video I made 6 months ago received 2,267 views. That'll teach me not to forget my YouTube channel exists...
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour divemaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    WOW, now that's kinky!
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Those crazy Swedes...
    It's also a satire. Not a true story. It was published in the Swedish paper similar to The Onion. The man's name translates to "erection."

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    But the Swedes are still crazy...
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Just found out a YouTube video I made 6 months ago received 2,267 views. That'll teach me not to forget my YouTube channel exists...
    Funny you mention that. My daughter went a streak of making YouTube videos and posting them. She actually got a YouTube "award" for best new comedy channel. Ended up getting lots of views too. Too bad she got away from that.

If you post videos and get enough subscribers they eventually contact you and you can get ads on your videos, and once you get (I think) 500+ subscribers - you can start getting paid. One of her buddies was getting enough income from YouTube that he was able to purchase a green screen, and some high end editing software, and a MacBook Pro (or whatever their top laptop is/was a couple years ago).

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Nice! Was it something for EvE/Dust?

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    I have reduced my tobacco intact by 2/3 and have a quit date of June 1st. The last two mornings have been rough. I wake up feeling like I'm hungover although I didn't drink at all the night before. I've been told this (feeling) only lasts 2-4 weeks. Ugh.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Quote Originally Posted by copefiend2 View Post
    I have reduced my tobacco intact by 2/3 and have a quit date of June 1st. The last two mornings have been rough. I wake up feeling like I'm hungover although I didn't drink at all the night before. I've been told this (feeling) only lasts 2-4 weeks. Ugh.
    Good luck and keep strong! I quit cold turkey after smoking 10 years, most of it on a regular basis. Only smoked about a half pack a day most of the times, though I went through a full pack or more on some stressful days. I had one time I was tempted to ask someone for a smoke. That, along with my lack of an addiction to alcohol after drinking like I did for a while tells me I got VERY lucky with the genes I have. I also can't really put on weight very easily either, lol. Definitely have some bad things that I got cursed with, but was blessed when it comes to things like addiction. My mom tends to get addicted to things, so she won't drink more than a wine cooler because she's afraid of getting addicted since it runs in her family.

I have heard the same thing before about 2-4 weeks and have heard it is very difficult to get through, but it is definitely doable. Have you tried quitting before?
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Good luck and keep strong!

I have heard the same thing before about 2-4 weeks and have heard it is very difficult to get through, but it is definitely doable. Have you tried quitting before?
    Thanks for the well wishes. I have attempted to quit before but (this may sound bad) it was for others. This time I'm quitting for me and I have a better attitude about it. One month of pain is not long considering all the positives that will come from this. While I'm quitting tobacco I'm also exercising/dieting and laying off of the booze. I don't want to gain weight from this and drinking is a trigger.

Best of luck to you! I hope you make it.

I woke up from a two-day drug-induced coma to find whatever I had gone (a hacking cough so violent I got headaches)--of course, I lost 48-hours that I have to try to catch up on now. Walked out my front door and noticed life had gone on around me.

DSCF3865 (640x482).jpg

Then I looked around and noticed Mrs. Robin giving me the stink-eye from afar...

DSCF3869 (640x480).jpg

Too bad I didn't notice that before I went under. Oh, the delicious nightmares I could have had!
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    If anyone on here is in the OK City area, I hope all is well with you. Absolutely unbelievable the destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    If anyone on here is in the OK City area, I hope all is well with you. Absolutely unbelievable the destruction.
    +1. Extremely sad news.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Thanks for the well wishes. I have attempted to quit before but (this may sound bad) it was for others. This time I'm quitting for me and I have a better attitude about it. One month of pain is not long considering all the positives that will come from this. While I'm quitting tobacco I'm also exercising/dieting and laying off of the booze. I don't want to gain weight from this and drinking is a trigger.
    That doesn't sound bad actually. A lot of people decide to quit things like smoking, drinking, drugs, etc. for someone else. I think quitting for someone else is fine, though it often isn't successful. Quitting for yourself is definitely the way to go, as I think it would make quitting a little easier in a sense. Not easy, of course, but easier.

I know I quit for myself, as I didn't find it worth the price and figured it'd be better for my health in the long run too. I'm surprised I didn't pick it back up soon after though as I quit towards the end of 2006 and the start of 2007 started very badly and the first few months of that year were extremely stressful and depressing due to finding out I had MS. Stress was always a trigger (along with alcohol) for smoking, but I was successful somehow, likely because my body must not have formed an addiction to it!
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Just read about the tornado in Oklahoma, hopefully everyone on the board, and their families are safe.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    What devastation! I actually watched The Weather Channel cover it live, as I am into that - weather forecasting was an early goal of mine as far as careers go - didn't work out, but still watch and analyse all the data you can get on the Storm Prediction Center webpage.

I too hope that everyone on here and their families are safe.

I live in the northernmost reaches of "Tornado Alley" and Windsor, ON is prone to severe storms (we are the thunderstorm capital of Canada), and tornado watches/warnings are a regular occurrence here. It's odd though, despite us getting maybe 1 a year (in 2010 we had 3 touchdowns in the middle of night about 40km from me - Leamington - I drove by a week later and was amazed, and that was an F2), the F4 - F5 twisters like in Moore are un-imaginable for me. We generally don't take the watches/warning very serious up here. I do own a weather radio though. The sad part is, after 1980s all tornado sirens (air raid sirens from cold war) were decommissioned and torn down.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    I havent been around much except the odd quick post but I thought I better share this with you guys because it was amazing...

A Local theatre company (Workshop Theatre) did a production of Night of the Living Dead! Based on the original 1968 Romero/Russo film. and I must say it was AWESOME! I Just loved the chick who played Barbra. There were some changes like Ben being an rambo looking "indian"(Native Canadian) but it was great. The zombies were excellent altho the effects were what you would expect from a local play...but it just made it more awesome. It was funny and Creepy. I think my favorite part and the most annoying part was that in the little alley way behind the back row where they get back any forth and shine lights n shit from. well back there there was constantly a zombie trying to scare the people in the back. It was mint. Unfortunately there were only two people sitting in the back row...Mason and I so...the zombies didn't get their scream fest but it did keep creeping me out. At first they were just groaning back there but I was waiting for more. When I least expected it and almost forgot he was there he grabbed my shoulder and ran his hand down my back. Jump but no scream. I wish I was a freaked out person it woulda been more awesome that way. I jumped and pulled away and sat forward for the rest of the show because I didn't want a stranger groping me. lol. Still friggin creeped me out. IT WAS AWESOME!

I wish I hadda bought tickets for my sister and brother in law. They are so jumpy and they WILL scream. My brother in law did a damn tuck and roll when our friend cheryl came up behind him while he was into skyrim one day...all we heard from upstairs was YOU FUCKIN CUNT! and he still gets creeped out by that noise from the grudge and runs up the stairs if the lights are out. lol. My sister screams and throws her popcorn at the littlest thing. They woulda been way better people than Mase and I in the back row.

All in All it was a FANTASTIC experience. I loved every damn minute of it.