Page 194 of 202 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 4027

Thread: Random thoughts...

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    Well, that's good for Powells Books and I'm glad they appear to be making a recovery. I've become a fan of the Mysterious Bookshop after ordering two signed books from them. I have no idea when I'll get the second order from the Mysterious Bookshop. Just now I ordered a book from an independent bookstore I'd never heard of until this week. As if I need one more unread book to add to the dozens of unread books I already have. I guess I'm an addict.

Cap
    I normally run out and buy King books on release day. I have, pretty much, decided to order If It Bleeds from Powell's. Part of me is still resisting because I am pretty picky about the books. I do expect to order it through them though. I have been browsing there site for other things I can add to my TBR but have not found anything yet. I am reading the comics Joe Hill is producing and the independent comic shop I buy them through is not shipping. They have curbside pickup, you call in the order, text them when they arrive and they will bring it out. I think the owner lives upstairs. I haven't done it yet but will the next time I have a need to drive over to Portland.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    A couple random thoughts...

Really looking forward to If It Bleeds. I was trying to find some info on the stories, and I saw there are a couple reviews up. They sound like a lot of fun. The H. Gibney story makes me think King is trying to spin-off a new series of filmed-entertainment for HBO or other streamers. Smart move.

When do you think the first remotely-made film based on CoV-2 will be made? I'm thinking in particular about major stars making it, not necessarily real low-budget. I could see Jason Blum working on something now. I also could see a comedy...maybe Seth Rogen makes a sequel to that apocalypse comedy he made (This is the End I think was the title). Use the same cast. There must be a huge race to get CoV-2 fiction out there. I assume CD is working on an anthology as we speak...

TPS Report Monitor 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Sounds nuts but had my wife go trade in her car today for a newer model. Same make but something newer. They were giving some screaming deals that seemed to good to pass up. She was almost out of warranty on the old car, it needed a little work, and new tires.

She now has a brand new car, new warranty, same monthly payment, nothing down, and no payments for 3 months. We had 24 payments left on the old one now we have 60 so they will get there money assuming things straighten back out.

I know people have opinions on financing a vehicle but, at least from my experience, they are all money pits. I've tried in the past paying off vehicles, maintaining them, and setting aside what my payments would have been. However both of those experiences just resulted in me dumping my "saved" money right back into the vehicle for repairs.

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ123 View Post
    A couple random thoughts...

Really looking forward to If It Bleeds. I was trying to find some info on the stories, and I saw there are a couple reviews up. They sound like a lot of fun. The H. Gibney story makes me think King is trying to spin-off a new series of filmed-entertainment for HBO or other streamers. Smart move.

When do you think the first remotely-made film based on CoV-2 will be made? I'm thinking in particular about major stars making it, not necessarily real low-budget. I could see Jason Blum working on something now. I also could see a comedy...maybe Seth Rogen makes a sequel to that apocalypse comedy he made (This is the End I think was the title). Use the same cast. There must be a huge race to get CoV-2 fiction out there. I assume CD is working on an anthology as we speak...
    Based on comments King has made just I think Holly Gibney is a character he enjoys exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Sounds nuts but had my wife go trade in her car today for a newer model. Same make but something newer. They were giving some screaming deals that seemed to good to pass up. She was almost out of warranty on the old car, it needed a little work, and new tires.

She now has a brand new car, new warranty, same monthly payment, nothing down, and no payments for 3 months. We had 24 payments left on the old one now we have 60 so they will get there money assuming things straighten back out.

I know people have opinions on financing a vehicle but, at least from my experience, they are all money pits. I've tried in the past paying off vehicles, maintaining them, and setting aside what my payments would have been. However both of those experiences just resulted in me dumping my "saved" money right back into the vehicle for repairs.
    I think this is a really good time to buy a car. I paid cash for my last car and will probably not do that again. I will have a large down payment but will finance a portion of the purchase.

So watching PBS Newshour tonight. Political reporter Amy Walter reporting from home about the Covid-19 pandemic had a bookshelf directly behind her. The Stand is prominently displayed right by her head surrounded by books about politics. There is no way this was just a coincidence.

That is great. I'm sure you are correct that the book placement wasn't by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    So watching PBS Newshour tonight. Political reporter Amy Walter reporting from home about the Covid-19 pandemic had a bookshelf directly behind her. The Stand is prominently displayed right by her head surrounded by books about politics. There is no way this was just a coincidence.

Slightly off Kilter 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    It took five stores, but I bagged my limit at Lidl today!
    Bagged my Limit.jpg

Congrats. I actually passed on TP today and felt weird about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    It took five stores, but I bagged my limit at Lidl today!

Ughh. Going from old car to new car and then a swift kick in the nads. Wife had a contract cancelled today, due to the virus, which made up 50% of her income.

I also had two contracts voided at work due to the virus. Luckily we have a few more projects that just started however the backlog was predominantly wiped out. Currently have more salaried folks on staff then hourly folks and I expect that to change very soon.

Child of the Corn 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

My wife's car will be paid off in 10 months and we will not be getting another one. She doesn't work so the mileage is minimal that she puts on it each year. My truck will be paid off in two years and I'm thinking I'll gladly pay the upkeep on it. We are thinking of getting a motorcycle at some point after that. Although, I'd really like a Camaro ZL1

Something coming in from CD tomorrow and not clue as to what it might be.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Me too. Probably a BJF Patreon box.

I have two books in transit from CD at the moment. The first made it to Seattle back on the 26th so I should have had it a couple of days later. Instead it arrived in Albuquerque New Mexico on the 28th and left Albuquerque on the 29th. Have to assume the book is a big fan of Breaking Bad.

The second one left Seattle this morning. We will see where it decides to venture off to.

Quote Originally Posted by saginawhorror View Post
    He said Lost and Lonely would ship next month. Maybe he got some out early.

Quote Originally Posted by saginawhorror View Post
    True. Probably the latest PB I believe.

I have two books in transit from CD at the moment. The first made it to Seattle back on the 26th so I should have had it a couple of days later. Instead it arrived in Albuquerque New Mexico on the 28th and left Albuquerque on the 29th. Have to assume the book is a big fan of Breaking Bad.

The second one left Seattle this morning. We will see where it decides to venture off to.
    Your books sure do get around, Martin.

He said Lost and Lonely would ship next month. Maybe he got some out early.
    That's the one I was thinking of. My last surprise was the Lettered The Zombie Who Cried Human. Love those kind.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Guess I'll find out after babysitting tomorrow.

True. Probably the latest PB I believe.

Your books sure do get around, Martin.
    Lately they have been taking scenic routes to my house!

Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Umm some things that have shipped recently are copies of Damage and Dread, The Little Green Book, and Lost and Lonely TPB's. That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's some other stuff too.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks