Page 182 of 193 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 3858

Thread: Random thoughts...

  1. #3621
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,879
    Rep Power
    52
    Very sad news indeed. I saw them live back in the early 90's and they were awesome.

  2. #3622
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,850
    Rep Power
    14
    I hadn’t heard anything about that until this thread…sorry to hear it, while I was just a moderate fan of Rush, I really enjoyed his motorcycle/travel memoirs, and in them he came across as an exceedingly bright and reflective individual.

  3. #3623
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Power
    14
    I just wanted to take this moment to extend a "Hang in there!" to BJF! Holy shit the heat over on TDT singed my eyebrows. It's way more than BJF deserved. Sorry you had to put up with it. I think you handled it like a boss. Better than I would have. Hope all parties had a chance to come back down from the rage.

  4. #3624
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,724
    Rep Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I just wanted to take this moment to extend a "Hang in there!" to BJF! Holy shit the heat over on TDT singed my eyebrows. It's way more than BJF deserved. Sorry you had to put up with it. I think you handled it like a boss. Better than I would have. Hope all parties had a chance to come back down from the rage.
    We've got you covered over here man. Stand your ground!

  5. #3625
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,980
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Devastating news about Neil Peart. Rush has always been one of my favorite bands. I saw them in 1982, 2002 and 2004 and they never failed to impress. The news of Neil's passing came as a complete shock as I didn't even know he was ill.

    I feel fortunate to own this signed copy of his Far and Wide book. I will treasure it even more now. :-(

    Attachment 21863
    That book is great. I'm have been in a funk since yesterday when I found out Peart had died. Having seen Rush on every tour they did starting in 1980 this is a huge loss . I have every album every DVD every book. Everything. Next to collecting Horror and King related books it's always been about Rush for me. The strive to continue to improve when you are one of the best at what you do always amazed me about Peart. A true loss. My thoughts go out to his wife and young daughter.

  6. #3626
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,879
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I just wanted to take this moment to extend a "Hang in there!" to BJF! Holy shit the heat over on TDT singed my eyebrows. It's way more than BJF deserved. Sorry you had to put up with it. I think you handled it like a boss. Better than I would have. Hope all parties had a chance to come back down from the rage.
    Tis the reason he gets paid the big bucks.
    Spoiler!
    . Ain't easy running interference for The Chiz.

  7. #3627
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,715
    Rep Power
    2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I just wanted to take this moment to extend a "Hang in there!" to BJF! Holy shit the heat over on TDT singed my eyebrows. It's way more than BJF deserved. Sorry you had to put up with it. I think you handled it like a boss. Better than I would have. Hope all parties had a chance to come back down from the rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    We've got you covered over here man. Stand your ground!
    Thank you both! I truly believe anyone who has ever watched my interactions with angry customers on that board, or here, or on Facebook know that I usually try to be very measured in my responses, don’t take criticism personally, etc... but the guy making things personal, calling Mindy a “peach” and slagging on Richard... ugh... that kind of stuff isn’t necessary. Feel free to say, “CD messed up” all you want. If we did, I will happily reply and say, “yep, we did, how can I fix this for you!”

    But that is also coming from my personal philosophy of how I deal with problems with companies... Ultimately, in the end, I feel like you catch way more flies with honey than vinegar… If there’s a problem, and you as a customer are very polite to the customer service person about it, you’ll get better results. Customer service people who are used to being screamed at and treated like dirt often go the extra mile to make it right for you.

    Of course, Mindy goes the extra mile even for the people who yell at her, call her names, swear so much they’d make a sailor blush…!
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  8. #3628
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Thank you both! I truly believe anyone who has ever watched my interactions with angry customers on that board, or here, or on Facebook know that I usually try to be very measured in my responses, don’t take criticism personally, etc... but the guy making things personal, calling Mindy a “peach” and slagging on Richard... ugh... that kind of stuff isn’t necessary. Feel free to say, “CD messed up” all you want. If we did, I will happily reply and say, “yep, we did, how can I fix this for you!”

    But that is also coming from my personal philosophy of how I deal with problems with companies... Ultimately, in the end, I feel like you catch way more flies with honey than vinegar… If there’s a problem, and you as a customer are very polite to the customer service person about it, you’ll get better results. Customer service people who are used to being screamed at and treated like dirt often go the extra mile to make it right for you.

    Of course, Mindy goes the extra mile even for the people who yell at her, call her names, swear so much they’d make a sailor blush…!
    Yeah I should have also mentioned that Mindy didn't deserve it either! He was just way out of line.

  9. #3629
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,492
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Yeah I should have also mentioned that Mindy didn't deserve it either! He was just way out of line.
    I think the next CDCC specialty item should be a "Mindy Rocks!!!" or a "Mindy is a badass!!" t-shirt. Or better yet a Mindy coffee mug! The Mindy Mug!!!!

  10. #3630
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    8
    Does anyone here know where I can get a dustjacket for the hardcover of Stephen King's Joyland? I only need a dustjacket. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  11. #3631
    Senior Member Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    324
    Rep Power
    24
    I wonder if jeffingoff saw this post on Facebook and Twitter last night?

    20200118_073329.jpg

  12. #3632
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I wonder if jeffingoff saw this post on Facebook and Twitter last night?

    20200118_073329.jpg
    Sweet merciful crap! What does Bentley have on King? What photos are sitting in some Arizona safe deposit box that King absolutely does not want to get out? Because seriously!

    Though I will agree that Little is in his own genre: horrible nonsense.

  13. #3633
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,980
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Sweet merciful crap! What does Bentley have on King? What photos are sitting in some Arizona safe deposit box that King absolutely does not want to get out? Because seriously!

    Though I will agree that Little is in his own genre: horrible nonsense.
    King likes good authors. One day Jeff you will to.

  14. #3634
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,980
    Rep Power
    64
    So on Wednesday I allegedly received my CD grab bag. It was delivered to the wrong address and I still haven’t seen it. Post office has been no help so far. Tuesday I’m going to speak with the Postmaster. There is a first time for everything and this is the first time I’ve had something like this happen. Now I understand people’s frustration with the post office. I’m sure things will workout but man......at least I got a copy of Red Dragon ordered today

  15. #3635
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,850
    Rep Power
    14
    I saw King's tweet yesterday and I had to chuckle, thinking of Jeff's sense of utter betrayal by one of his favorite authors.

  16. #3636
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Power
    14
    Hope it gets sorted out. What a bummer.

    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    So on Wednesday I allegedly received my CD grab bag. It was delivered to the wrong address and I still haven’t seen it. Post office has been no help so far. Tuesday I’m going to speak with the Postmaster. There is a first time for everything and this is the first time I’ve had something like this happen. Now I understand people’s frustration with the post office. I’m sure things will workout but man......at least I got a copy of Red Dragon ordered today

  17. #3637
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,399
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    King likes good authors. One day Jeff you will to.
    Jeff actually loves Bentley Little. He is just messing with us!

  18. #3638
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    1,035
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Jeff actually loves Bentley Little. He is just messing with us!
    Let's all get our old Suntup boxes, put Bentley Little books in them (a copy of The Ignored, perhaps?), and send them to Jeff so he can do unboxing videos.

  19. #3639
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,492
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Let's all get our old Suntup boxes, put Bentley Little books in them (a copy of The Ignored, perhaps?), and send them to Jeff so he can do unboxing videos.
    One book per box limit.

  20. #3640
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,399
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    So on Wednesday I allegedly received my CD grab bag. It was delivered to the wrong address and I still haven’t seen it. Post office has been no help so far. Tuesday I’m going to speak with the Postmaster. There is a first time for everything and this is the first time I’ve had something like this happen. Now I understand people’s frustration with the post office. I’m sure things will workout but man......at least I got a copy of Red Dragon ordered today
    That is unfortunate, hopefully things get resolved quickly!

Similar Threads

  1. The Random Thread
    By RichardThomas in forum The Writers' Corner
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 10-11-2013, 12:46 AM
  2. Need your thoughts and prayers
    By Ronald Kelly in forum Ronald Kelly
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •