Page 182 of 193 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 3858

Thread: Random thoughts...

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Very sad news indeed. I saw them live back in the early 90's and they were awesome.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I hadn’t heard anything about that until this thread…sorry to hear it, while I was just a moderate fan of Rush, I really enjoyed his motorcycle/travel memoirs, and in them he came across as an exceedingly bright and reflective individual.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    I just wanted to take this moment to extend a "Hang in there!" to BJF! Holy shit the heat over on TDT singed my eyebrows. It's way more than BJF deserved. Sorry you had to put up with it. I think you handled it like a boss. Better than I would have. Hope all parties had a chance to come back down from the rage.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I just wanted to take this moment to extend a "Hang in there!" to BJF! Holy shit the heat over on TDT singed my eyebrows. It's way more than BJF deserved. Sorry you had to put up with it. I think you handled it like a boss. Better than I would have. Hope all parties had a chance to come back down from the rage.
    We've got you covered over here man. Stand your ground!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Devastating news about Neil Peart. Rush has always been one of my favorite bands. I saw them in 1982, 2002 and 2004 and they never failed to impress. The news of Neil's passing came as a complete shock as I didn't even know he was ill.

I feel fortunate to own this signed copy of his Far and Wide book. I will treasure it even more now. :-(

Attachment 21863
    That book is great. I'm have been in a funk since yesterday when I found out Peart had died. Having seen Rush on every tour they did starting in 1980 this is a huge loss . I have every album every DVD every book. Everything. Next to collecting Horror and King related books it's always been about Rush for me. The strive to continue to improve when you are one of the best at what you do always amazed me about Peart. A true loss. My thoughts go out to his wife and young daughter.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Tis the reason he gets paid the big bucks.
    Spoiler!
    . Ain't easy running interference for The Chiz.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    We've got you covered over here man. Stand your ground!
    Thank you both! I truly believe anyone who has ever watched my interactions with angry customers on that board, or here, or on Facebook know that I usually try to be very measured in my responses, don’t take criticism personally, etc... but the guy making things personal, calling Mindy a “peach” and slagging on Richard... ugh... that kind of stuff isn’t necessary. Feel free to say, “CD messed up” all you want. If we did, I will happily reply and say, “yep, we did, how can I fix this for you!”

But that is also coming from my personal philosophy of how I deal with problems with companies... Ultimately, in the end, I feel like you catch way more flies with honey than vinegar… If there’s a problem, and you as a customer are very polite to the customer service person about it, you’ll get better results. Customer service people who are used to being screamed at and treated like dirt often go the extra mile to make it right for you.

Of course, Mindy goes the extra mile even for the people who yell at her, call her names, swear so much they’d make a sailor blush…!
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Thank you both! I truly believe anyone who has ever watched my interactions with angry customers on that board, or here, or on Facebook know that I usually try to be very measured in my responses, don’t take criticism personally, etc... but the guy making things personal, calling Mindy a “peach” and slagging on Richard... ugh... that kind of stuff isn’t necessary. Feel free to say, “CD messed up” all you want. If we did, I will happily reply and say, “yep, we did, how can I fix this for you!”

But that is also coming from my personal philosophy of how I deal with problems with companies... Ultimately, in the end, I feel like you catch way more flies with honey than vinegar… If there’s a problem, and you as a customer are very polite to the customer service person about it, you’ll get better results. Customer service people who are used to being screamed at and treated like dirt often go the extra mile to make it right for you.

Of course, Mindy goes the extra mile even for the people who yell at her, call her names, swear so much they’d make a sailor blush…!
    Yeah I should have also mentioned that Mindy didn't deserve it either! He was just way out of line.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Yeah I should have also mentioned that Mindy didn't deserve it either! He was just way out of line.
    I think the next CDCC specialty item should be a "Mindy Rocks!!!" or a "Mindy is a badass!!" t-shirt. Or better yet a Mindy coffee mug! The Mindy Mug!!!!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Does anyone here know where I can get a dustjacket for the hardcover of Stephen King's Joyland? I only need a dustjacket. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    I wonder if jeffingoff saw this post on Facebook and Twitter last night?

20200118_073329.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I wonder if jeffingoff saw this post on Facebook and Twitter last night?

20200118_073329.jpg
    Sweet merciful crap! What does Bentley have on King? What photos are sitting in some Arizona safe deposit box that King absolutely does not want to get out? Because seriously!

Though I will agree that Little is in his own genre: horrible nonsense.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Sweet merciful crap! What does Bentley have on King? What photos are sitting in some Arizona safe deposit box that King absolutely does not want to get out? Because seriously!

Though I will agree that Little is in his own genre: horrible nonsense.
    King likes good authors. One day Jeff you will to.

So on Wednesday I allegedly received my CD grab bag. It was delivered to the wrong address and I still haven’t seen it. Post office has been no help so far. Tuesday I’m going to speak with the Postmaster. There is a first time for everything and this is the first time I’ve had something like this happen. Now I understand people’s frustration with the post office. I’m sure things will workout but man......at least I got a copy of Red Dragon ordered today

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I saw King's tweet yesterday and I had to chuckle, thinking of Jeff's sense of utter betrayal by one of his favorite authors.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Hope it gets sorted out. What a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    So on Wednesday I allegedly received my CD grab bag. It was delivered to the wrong address and I still haven’t seen it. Post office has been no help so far. Tuesday I’m going to speak with the Postmaster. There is a first time for everything and this is the first time I’ve had something like this happen. Now I understand people’s frustration with the post office. I’m sure things will workout but man......at least I got a copy of Red Dragon ordered today

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    King likes good authors. One day Jeff you will to.
    Jeff actually loves Bentley Little. He is just messing with us!

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Jeff actually loves Bentley Little. He is just messing with us!
    Let's all get our old Suntup boxes, put Bentley Little books in them (a copy of The Ignored, perhaps?), and send them to Jeff so he can do unboxing videos.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Let's all get our old Suntup boxes, put Bentley Little books in them (a copy of The Ignored, perhaps?), and send them to Jeff so he can do unboxing videos.
    One book per box limit.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    That is unfortunate, hopefully things get resolved quickly!