• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    What was the King book?
    SALEM'S LOT

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      SALEM'S LOT
      Will look forward to your video to see what edition it was...am assuming it’s not the CD version, so curious to see what it is.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Will look forward to your video to see what edition it was...am assuming it’s not the CD version, so curious to see what it is.
        No, it won't be the CD edition. It'll be a new edition of about 2,000. Unsigned. I don't know who's publishing it or if it'll have a publisher's name associated with it or if it will have just the NRB logo on the spine.

Comment

No, it won't be the CD edition. It'll be a new edition of about 2,000. Unsigned. I don't know who's publishing it or if it'll have a publisher's name associated with it or if it will have just the NRB logo on the spine.
          I see...interesting, thanks.

Comment

My understanding is that NRB got the rights to print a version of the book just for their box, so technically it will be published by them. I could be wrong there though, there's not a ton of info about it.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              My understanding is that NRB got the rights to print a version of the book just for their box, so technically it will be published by them. I could be wrong there though, there's not a ton of info about it.
              Yeah, that's how I read it.

Comment

For non-NRB members who are interested this is now available to general public:

http://www.thenocturnalreadersbox.co...le-at-12pm-cst

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  For non-NRB members who are interested this is now available to general public:

http://www.thenocturnalreadersbox.co...le-at-12pm-cst
                  Based on the following customer-unfriendly penalty/threat (I mean, what if you don't receive your box and/or its damaged and they refuse to address the issue(s)?):

"IF A DISPUTE IS FILED FOR THIS TRANSACTION YOU ARE HEREBY AUTHORIZING "NRB" AND THEREFORE YOUR CARD PROCESSOR/ "PAYPAL INC."TO FURTHER CHARGE YOU AN ADDITIONAL $16 FOR A FRAUDULENT DISPUTE FEE."

...and these various comments from DT.org:

"A subscriber of theirs joked about buying multiple copies for other non-subscribers. She had her two orders cancelled, subscription cancelled, and blocked from their Facebook group. "

"I cancelled my subscription earlier this year (just too much to read and swag so I needed a breather) yet they still kept sending boxes and telling me 'oops, last one promise' and then sending another, no refunds on my credit card. So I checked out the BBB and saw they have a D- rating."

...and this from NRB, passively-aggressively lamenting/whining that their customers didn't cooperate perfectly on their first publishing effort by keeping it a 100% lock-tight secret: "The ability to get this books published how we want is just icing on the cake for us, but sadly, with how its going, it might be our last. Shame we had another title as well and have a new foreword being written for it :/ "

...they're just not the kind of people I choose do to do business with. I hope those of you who bought are pleased with your items, and, Jeff, I will still look forward to your videos (and might even get jealous a time or two), but I've no interest in sending $$ their way.

Comment

Based on the following customer-unfriendly penalty/threat (I mean, what if you don't receive your box and/or its damaged and they refuse to address the issue(s)?):

"IF A DISPUTE IS FILED FOR THIS TRANSACTION YOU ARE HEREBY AUTHORIZING "NRB" AND THEREFORE YOUR CARD PROCESSOR/ "PAYPAL INC."TO FURTHER CHARGE YOU AN ADDITIONAL $16 FOR A FRAUDULENT DISPUTE FEE."

"A subscriber of theirs joked about buying multiple copies for other non-subscribers. She had her two orders cancelled, subscription cancelled, and blocked from their Facebook group. "

"I cancelled my subscription earlier this year (just too much to read and swag so I needed a breather) yet they still kept sending boxes and telling me 'oops, last one promise' and then sending another, no refunds on my credit card. So I checked out the BBB and saw they have a D- rating."

...and this from NRB, passively-aggressively lamenting/whining that their customers didn't cooperate perfectly on their first publishing effort by keeping it a 100% lock-tight secret: "The ability to get this books published how we want is just icing on the cake for us, but sadly, with how its going, it might be our last. Shame we had another title as well and have a new foreword being written for it :/ "

...they're just not the kind of people I choose do to do business with. I hope those of you who bought are pleased with your items, and, Jeff, I will still look forward to your videos (and might even get jealous a time or two), but I've no interest in sending $$ their way.
                    Yeah, I'm seeing all of this and I get it. Myself, I've had nothing but positive experiences with them and they've been absolutely great to me. I do agree that the no refund/penalty fee language is rough but I think they're just trying to protect themselves.

They did apologize for not reacting as well as they could have, so I expect this to be a learning experience. Hopefully, they will adjust and improve. But I'm happy with the subscription. I get tons of value from it.

Comment

My understanding was this was for those who shared with the general public during the pre-order window for subscribers.
                      They wanted active subscribers to get first dibs so to speak in case it sold out fast. I have not had a bad experience with NRB either. The thing that upset people about this more then anything was the fact none of the books were signed. They made it clear that they may or may not have signed books available. Due to Kings upcoming book tour he is unable to sign any copies of the NRB book. Still some people assumed that that meant there were going to be signed books .
                      Some people just didn't read the whole thing when they were talking about it and tried to claim a bait and switch .

Comment

Are there details on the King tour?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          Not that I have read. I wonder if it's just the usual promotional tour for the book . Plus he does have another book out in the fall and he's not getting any younger.So I really don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                            Everything I have heard is that it is a promotional tour, not a reading and signing tour.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the link, Martin. I'll probably pick it up next week if there are any left. Do you get just the book and T or the whole nine yards as far as the box?

It is cool that it was opened up to non-subscribers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                Thanks for sharing the link, Martin. I'll probably pick it up next week if there are any left. Do you get just the book and T or the whole nine yards as far as the box?

It is cool that it was opened up to non-subscribers.
                                I believe you get the book, t-shirt (or tote) and a pin. The art for the T shirt and pin comes from the same artist who did the dust jacket. As of now, I don't know who the artists is.

Comment

Working...
                                X