No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody watching the Terror? I haven't yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      Anybody watching the Terror? I haven't yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
      I have heard good things but haven't checked it out yet.

Comment

I’ve good things as well but I’m thinking of holding off until I read the book. I started it a couple years back and promptly lost my paperback. A little while back I stumbled across it and now it’s back in the TBR queue.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          WHELP, just bought the SST edition of PARADISE SKY from SST for no goddamned reason and none of you stopped me.
          I’d be curious to hear what you think of the production values. SST has been on my radar put I’ve yet to pull the trigger. Paradise Sky would seem like a good place to start.

Comment

I just stumbled upon this page and thought some of you might find it of interest. ~Cap

http://www.centipedepress.com/scratchanddents.html
            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              I’d be curious to hear what you think of the production values. SST has been on my radar put I’ve yet to pull the trigger. Paradise Sky would seem like a good place to start.
              I keep seeing pics of their GWENDY and she looks beautiful. I have their LISTENER on order with Camelot and I almost bought their edition of HELLRAISER: THE TOLL several times because I think that artist kicks all the ass (he's the same one doing PS's TOMMYKNOCKERS) and there are Clive illustrations inside. But PARADISE SKY was something of an impulse buy--I had a discount code from subscribing to their newsletter that was burning a hole in my inbox.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                I keep seeing pics of their GWENDY and she looks beautiful. I have their LISTENER on order with Camelot and I almost bought their edition of HELLRAISER: THE TOLL several times because I think that artist kicks all the ass (he's the same one doing PS's TOMMYKNOCKERS) and there are Clive illustrations inside. But PARADISE SKY was something of an impulse buy--I had a discount code from subscribing to their newsletter that was burning a hole in my inbox.
                Someone posted the GBB in their collection thread (Martin?) and it was gorgeous. Best production of it to date IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  Someone posted the GBB in their collection thread (Martin?) and it was gorgeous. Best production of it to date IMO.
                  Wasn't I, as I do not have their version on Gwendy's. I do have an SST book, although the title escapes me, and I like the production values. Very similar to a CD $40 signed limited.

Comment

I picked up the S/L SST version of McCammon's THE LISTENER (wanted the oversized ed. with the dj art), but it hasn't been released yet. I'm hoping the production qualities are nice. I do have BROTHERS by Chizmar and Gorman, and that one seemed fine, though my expectation is that they'll take McCammon's book to a different level, given its price.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I can't speak to The Listener, but their edition of Gwendy's Button Box came out great.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Anyone jump on the King book from NRB ? Not sure WHat I want to do. The price isn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Anyone jump on the King book from NRB ? Not sure WHat I want to do. The price isn't that bad.
                          Ordered one this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Ordered one this morning.
                            I jumped on it too. I heard that they were given grief by a few people because of not being able to get signed books by King. It was out of their hands and I still think that they are doing a tremendous job.

Comment

What was the King book?
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                                I jumped on it too. I heard that they were given grief by a few people because of not being able to get signed books by King. It was out of their hands and I still think that they are doing a tremendous job.
                                Me too. It's BS the way some people reacted. You either buy it or you don't. Why complain?

I bought two.

Comment

Working...
                                X