No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this thread has been well and truly DERAILED! hahahahahaha!

In other news, I submitted a story to DRP's writing contest. Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      I'd agree somewhat. Goodkind has every right to hate the art and feel passionately about how his work is being represented. It sucks when the business gets in the way of the art and Goodkind should have a vote (if not the veto power) in the works that accompany his work. But the time for all the venom spewing and bashing should have ended once the decision was made and it should never have been aimed at the artist. The artist was simply fulfilling his contract according to whatever creative brief he was given. Goodkind should consider his words when they could very well harm the livelihood of another creative professional.
      Mostly I don't really think it would be harmful to the artists livelyhood. I don't believe the artist was ever actually mentioned by name and really art kinda stands on it's own. You know if you like an artists work or not just by looking at it and their portfolio. Anyways I don't think sharing his opinion on the work is wrong, mostly just the way he went about doing it. The whole contest thing kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I discovered why I wasn't seeing the pic. It must be the firewall at work. On a different wifi, all the pics were there.

Comment

Hi. My name is Jeff and I am an addict. I thought I was a collector with a collection but I’m just an addict with an addiction. Today I learned that there was a gift edition of Lisey’s Story released back in 2006. So I immediately found one on eBay and bought the hell out of it. I have a problem.

Comment

Hi Jeff.

Comment

Hi. My name is Jeff and I am an addict. I thought I was a collector with a collection but I’m just an addict with an addiction. Today I learned that there was a gift edition of Lisey’s Story released back in 2006. So I immediately found one on eBay and bought the hell out of it. I have a problem.
              Is it the book club slipcased edition?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Is it the book club slipcased edition?
                Yes, sorry. I see I wrote gift edition. It’s not a limited edition. But I thought it was unique and at least more limited than the mass market 1st edition of 1.25 million. Something to add to the collection that might not be valuable or rare but different. Like the damn pop up book.

Comment

We each collect different things or different books. Lately I've been into vintage paperbacks or any old hardback by an obscure author who has become a favorite. Regarding our fancy S/L editions, we're kind of like shoppers in Walmart buying an impulse item except our impulse buys are books. I guess we all have too much disposable income.

Cap
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

It's a nice production I think. Many folks didn't enjoy the story but I did.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                      We each collect different things or different books. Lately I've been into vintage paperbacks or any old hardback by an obscure author who has become a favorite. Regarding our fancy S/L editions, we're kind of like shoppers in Walmart buying an impulse item except our impulse buys are books. I guess we all have too much disposable income.

Cap
                      For sure. Whatever makes you smile when you look at your shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        It's a nice production I think. Many folks didn't enjoy the story but I did.
                        I liked it. Probably wouldn't put it in my top 10 King reads, but it wouldn't be at the bottom either. I think what made me pull the trigger was that this wasn't that expensive (though I paid more than stephenkingcollector.com told me it was worth) and it was still in the shrink-wrap.

Also, I've heard King say that Lisey's story is his favorite King book.

But really, the issue is that I had no self control. I heard about it, I found it, and I bought it. Within hours. I actually put an offer on it and I saw there was another offer on it and then I sweated. After a while I broke down and pulled my offer off the table and bought it.

Comment

Yes, sorry. I see I wrote gift edition. It’s not a limited edition. But I thought it was unique and at least more limited than the mass market 1st edition of 1.25 million. Something to add to the collection that might not be valuable or rare but different. Like the damn pop up book.
                          Completely agree with Jeff, it is a real nice production. I am adding link to the page in my collection thread with my photos. I also really enjoyed the story. I also like that fact that the book tour for this one was the first time I was able to see Mr. King live.
                          http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...lection/page16

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Completely agree with Jeff, it is a real nice production. I am adding link to the page in my collection thread with my photos. I also really enjoyed the story. I also like that fact that the book tour for this one was the first time I was able to see Mr. King live.
                            http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...lection/page16
                            WOW! I'm so glad I jumped on it. Do you know the print run for that edition?

King doesn't really come through Chicagoland all that often. I don't think he did for Lisey's Story. I think it was just Bag of Bones and Sleeping Beauties.

Comment

King doesn't really come through Chicagoland all that often. I don't think he did for Lisey's Story. I think it was just Bag of Bones and Sleeping Beauties.

Yup yup.

Comment

If I was ever aware of the print run I have forgotten. It is a beautiful book though!

Comment

Working...
                                X