No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a trip to Southern California this weekend and hit up Universal Studios with the family. A good time was had by all. I was bummed to miss out on a special screening of the movie THREADS with the director present. Unfortunately I was too wiped out to attend the screening. .

I also finally got to check out Dark Delicacies. It was a pretty cool little shop. I was also THIS close to picking up a copy of The Cadaver of Gideon Wyck from Centipede, but wound up talking myself out of it.

So, in short, I didn’t see a movie and didn’t buy a book. How was everyone else’s weekend?

Comment

My weekend project consisted of working and starting our interior painting project. My daughter and son-in-law were/are a huge help.

Comment

I received the first two Blackburn books today and while I don’t know if I’ll like the contents, I really dig the packaging. Even the artwork—which I wasn’t quite sold on when I first saw them—has grown on me. I also really dig the blind stamping on the front boards. Another top notch production from Centipede. Now I’m anxious for the next two to arrive!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          I received the first two Blackburn books today and while I don’t know if I’ll like the contents, I really dig the packaging. Even the artwork—which I wasn’t quite sold on when I first saw them—has grown on me. I also really dig the blind stamping on the front boards. Another top notch production from Centipede. Now I’m anxious for the next two to arrive!
          They are nice editions. I have all four and I only read one. After I read BLOODSTAINED OZ and BLOODSTAINED WONDERLAND and REBORN by F. Paul Wilson--THEN I'll read DEVIL DADDY!! Maybe. Or DAMNATION GAME or TALES FROM GREYSTONE BAY or SWAN SONG or . . .

Comment

Book collector dilemma! So I had a pretty solid game plan for my yearly book budget (essentially sign over half of my paycheck to CD and Centipede), but now I’ve stumbled across a book that I’ve wanted but is kinda elusive. If I deviate from the plan it won’t completely derail plans but it will cause some decent reshuffling of budget and might impact the latter half of the year. I’m rather torn..

Comment

Book collector dilemma! So I had a pretty solid game plan for my yearly book budget (essentially sign over half of my paycheck to CD and Centipede), but now I’ve stumbled across a book that I’ve wanted but is kinda elusive. If I deviate from the plan it won’t completely derail plans but it will cause some decent reshuffling of budget and might impact the latter half of the year. I’m rather torn..
              Go for it! Give up the hookers and blow and put that money towards books later in the year

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                Go for it! Give up the hookers and blow and put that money towards books later in the year
                I didn’t even know that giving up the hookers and blow were an option! That changes everything!

Comment

You actually have a yearly book budget?!? That's impressive in itself! I just grab what I can as it comes down the pike.

We're on a home remodeling kick at the moment so I doubt there will be many high end books for me this year. Probably will pick up a few things here and there along the way.

Comment

I've read and re-read your post and I don't see any dilemma. You buy the book. That's it. There are no other options. You buy the book. You always buy the book.

Comment

I need a new roof. Unfortunately, if I spend all my money on books, they'll get ruined when the rain starts making it thru the current roof. Maybe I should start a Go Fund Me...put pictures of SK limiteds with umbrellas keeping the rain off...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                        I need a new roof. Unfortunately, if I spend all my money on books, they'll get ruined when the rain starts making it thru the current roof. Maybe I should start a Go Fund Me...put pictures of SK limiteds with umbrellas keeping the rain off...
                        Two words "Blue Tarp"!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          You actually have a yearly book budget?!? That's impressive in itself! I just grab what I can as it comes down the pike.

We're on a home remodeling kick at the moment so I doubt there will be many high end books for me this year. Probably will pick up a few things here and there along the way.
                          I do have a budget, but my phrasing might have made it sound more impressive than it actually is. “Budget” could also be code for “guidelines so I don’t wind up sleeping on the couch”.

We did the home remodeling thing a few years back, which is stressful and fun in equal measures. Good luck with it! Hopefully there are some bookshelves in those plans!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                            I've read and re-read your post and I don't see any dilemma. You buy the book. That's it. There are no other options. You buy the book. You always buy the book.
                            When I blow my budget for the year and I’m four hours deep into my wife’s interrogation and she thinks I’m about to crack, I’m going look her coolly in the eye, slide my phone across the table, pointing to this post and say “Because you always buy the book.”

(Cut to me showing up to Dave1442397’s door with a blue tarp hoping I can crash on the couch...)

Comment

When I blow my budget for the year and I’m four hours deep into my wife’s interrogation and she thinks I’m about to crack, I’m going look her coolly in the eye, slide my phone across the table, pointing to this post and say “Because you always buy the book.”

(Cut to me showing up to Dave1442397’s door with a blue tarp hoping I can crash on the couch...)
                              Lol, the blue tarp idea is funny...but a lot cheaper than a new roof...hmm!

Forget the couch, we have an extra bedroom

Comment

I think we're on to a multi-authored tale of horror, gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
                                X