Page 172 of 179 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3573

Thread: Random thoughts...

  1. #3421
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    700
    Rep Power
    7
    What was the question?? ~Cap

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I am not even getting my question answered.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  2. #3422
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,959
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    What was the question?? ~Cap
    If they are still planning on producing the traycase for 'The Ghosts of Benevolence'. I respond to each update he sends with a polite ask about this and never receive a response. I have also asked via the website with the same lack of response. And a side note related to your comment about Mr. Little. It appears the newsletter comes from his but the responses go to Zach.

  3. #3423
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,618
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I looked at my copy of Centipede's THE DRIVE-IN and, thought, wait, that's still not right, mine doesn't look quite like that...until I noticed that yours is upside-down!
    HAHAHA!!!

  4. #3424
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    700
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    If they are still planning on producing the traycase for 'The Ghosts of Benevolence'. I respond to each update he sends with a polite ask about this and never receive a response. I have also asked via the website with the same lack of response. And a side note related to your comment about Mr. Little. It appears the newsletter comes from his but the responses go to Zach.
    A while back (I forget when) Zach Powell sent me a box of books. He did not need to do that for me. I actually donated a couple of the books he sent because I wound up with duplicates. One or two books arrived in/with a protective layer around the book--I don't think it was a traycase--If it was a traycase it was weird looking. The material was very, very thin and kind of crinkly. (It's hard for me to properly describe-I have seen what I am describing used with other products). I immediately thought/suspected that material would not last very long.

    Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  5. #3425
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    700
    Rep Power
    7
    Well, today I got a second opinion regarding the medical issue affecting me. I do not need a surgery since what was bothering me has gone away. The second doctor told me many people have the same problem as me. Some people like myself seem to be more prone to this condition/problem. I'm smart enough to fully realize /understand this problem may well flare up again. I was very happy with the second doctor and was in a really good mood all day. Cap

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I hope everything is taken care of without too much disruption to your life. Take care.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  6. #3426
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    Well, I learned tonight there is a new low in the King's Way Press debacle. Maybe fiasco is a better word? Guess who is now answering questions for Zach Powell? Paul Little! Nuff said on that score. Zach Powell did send me 1 or 2 free books. I am now firmly convinced I'll never see Poker Night or Silver/Solomon's Seal in my hands. If I do get the books, I might just faint. I've actually been considering taking the 3 or 4 King's Way Press titles I have and donating them at a thrift shop or a library.
    Hey Dan-If this starts a bout of nastyness here so sorry and feel free to delete my post. Needed to speak my mind tonight.


    Cap
    What a bizarre situation. Zach quite firmly stated that Paul Little had absolutely nothing to do with KWP. To now involve him in responding to queries seems nuts.
    I don't understand why he doesn't just admit defeat and close shop. He must be the only person on the planet who thinks that these books will ever be released. Or perhaps he doesn't and he just wants to recoup some money on his paperback releases.

    Like you cap I have no doubt that the 2 books I ordered will never make their way to me.

  7. #3427
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    700
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    What a bizarre situation. Zach quite firmly stated that Paul Little had absolutely nothing to do with KWP. To now involve him in responding to queries seems nuts.
    I don't understand why he doesn't just admit defeat and close shop. He must be the only person on the planet who thinks that these books will ever be released. Or perhaps he doesn't and he just wants to recoup some money on his paperback releases.

    Like you Cap I have no doubt that the 2 books I ordered will never make their way to me.
    I feel I've said enough here. All I will add is that I hope one day I may get the two books I ordered from KWP. I did add a comment to the FB thread later. You'll need to go to FB to read my comment. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  8. #3428
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,959
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    Well, today I got a second opinion regarding the medical issue affecting me. I do not need a surgery since what was bothering me has gone away. The second doctor told me many people have the same problem as me. Some people like myself seem to be more prone to this condition/problem. I'm smart enough to fully realize /understand this problem may well flare up again. I was very happy with the second doctor and was in a really good mood all day. Cap
    I hope you have this in the rear view!

  9. #3429
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,678
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    Well, today I got a second opinion regarding the medical issue affecting me. I do not need a surgery since what was bothering me has gone away. The second doctor told me many people have the same problem as me. Some people like myself seem to be more prone to this condition/problem. I'm smart enough to fully realize /understand this problem may well flare up again. I was very happy with the second doctor and was in a really good mood all day. Cap
    I thought you were beginning to describe my collecting habits

    Seriously, glad all is well, Steve.

  10. #3430
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,594
    Rep Power
    13
    Great news. I wish you good health moving forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    Well, today I got a second opinion regarding the medical issue affecting me. I do not need a surgery since what was bothering me has gone away. The second doctor told me many people have the same problem as me. Some people like myself seem to be more prone to this condition/problem. I'm smart enough to fully realize /understand this problem may well flare up again. I was very happy with the second doctor and was in a really good mood all day. Cap

  11. #3431
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,809
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    Well, today I got a second opinion regarding the medical issue affecting me. I do not need a surgery since what was bothering me has gone away. The second doctor told me many people have the same problem as me. Some people like myself seem to be more prone to this condition/problem. I'm smart enough to fully realize /understand this problem may well flare up again. I was very happy with the second doctor and was in a really good mood all day. Cap
    That is fantastic news! I'm glad you've got answers and an understanding of your situation. Cheers to your health!

  12. #3432
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,896
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    Well, today I got a second opinion regarding the medical issue affecting me. I do not need a surgery since what was bothering me has gone away. The second doctor told me many people have the same problem as me. Some people like myself seem to be more prone to this condition/problem. I'm smart enough to fully realize /understand this problem may well flare up again. I was very happy with the second doctor and was in a really good mood all day. Cap
    That’s fantastic news. Fingers crossed for continued good health

  13. #3433
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    700
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    That’s fantastic news. Fingers crossed for continued good health
    Thanks everyone, all of you,for the well wishes. I really wasn't sure what to expect before my appt. Wednesday morning. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  14. #3434
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,809
    Rep Power
    13
    Soooooo I'm sure everyone has seen this article already?

    https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-sta...JYMcdeaQDPF4uc

    If you haven't I'll tell you it includes a tasty bit of info about the upcoming TV adaptation of THE STAND. It seems King has WRITTEN SOMETHING NEW--a CODA--for the final episode.

    And so I got to thinking that there's this publisher who is going to be doing an new edition of this book and we're over a year away from actually seeing this book so MAYBE this new coda might perhaps maybe find its way into the book? Possibly? I'll be your friend!

  15. #3435
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,415
    Rep Power
    15
    What is this "Stand" you speak of?

  16. #3436
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,959
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Soooooo I'm sure everyone has seen this article already?

    https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-sta...JYMcdeaQDPF4uc

    If you haven't I'll tell you it includes a tasty bit of info about the upcoming TV adaptation of THE STAND. It seems King has WRITTEN SOMETHING NEW--a CODA--for the final episode.

    And so I got to thinking that there's this publisher who is going to be doing an new edition of this book and we're over a year away from actually seeing this book so MAYBE this new coda might perhaps maybe find its way into the book? Possibly? I'll be your friend!
    As long as it does not end with society being rebuilt and a man escaping a government facility as a catastrophe unfolds.

  17. #3437
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,616
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Soooooo I'm sure everyone has seen this article already?

    https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-sta...JYMcdeaQDPF4uc

    If you haven't I'll tell you it includes a tasty bit of info about the upcoming TV adaptation of THE STAND. It seems King has WRITTEN SOMETHING NEW--a CODA--for the final episode.

    And so I got to thinking that there's this publisher who is going to be doing an new edition of this book and we're over a year away from actually seeing this book so MAYBE this new coda might perhaps maybe find its way into the book? Possibly? I'll be your friend!
    I hope they don't...having seen King's political hysteria on Twitter over the last few years, I'd be concerned that it'll be some sort of hyperbolic, cautionary coda that'll devolve a book that to my mind is one of the genre's best works -- compelling entertainment, if not, in fact, high art -- into a self-indulgent political message. From what I understand from reviews (I've not read anything new from him since 2013's disappointing DOCTOR SLEEP (though THE OUTSIDER almost got me)), he's already played around the anti-Trump political edges with his last couple of books, so I don't think it's a stretch to think he'd take the opportunity to do same with THE STAND, his book about a mad leader (Flagg) and the end of rational civilization...I'd almost be more surprised if he didn't.

    Btw, Dan, hope this doesn't push the envelope on your wise No Politics forum policy...I'm not making a political statement whatsoever, just trying to make a point instead on the creative process and how a writer's personal sociopolitical views influence -- and can even undermine -- the creative process.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 08-02-2019 at 09:06 PM.

  18. #3438
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,881
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I hope they don't...having seen King's political hysteria on Twitter over the last few years, I'd be concerned that it'll be some sort of hyperbolic, cautionary coda that'll devolve a book that to my mind is one of the genre's best works -- compelling entertainment, if not, in fact, high art -- into a self-indulgent political message. From what I understand from reviews (I've not read anything new from him since 2013's disappointing DOCTOR SLEEP (though THE OUTSIDER almost got me)), he's already played around the anti-Trump political edges with his last couple of books, so I don't think it's a stretch to think he'd take the opportunity to do same with THE STAND, his book about a mad leader (Flagg) and the end of rational civilization...I'd almost be more surprised if he didn't.

    Btw, Dan, hope this doesn't push the envelope on your wise No Politics forum policy...I'm not making a political statement whatsoever, just trying to make a point instead on the creative process and how a writer's personal sociopolitical views influence -- and can even undermine -- the creative process.
    Nah it's fine.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  19. #3439
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,896
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I hope they don't...having seen King's political hysteria on Twitter over the last few years, I'd be concerned that it'll be some sort of hyperbolic, cautionary coda that'll devolve a book that to my mind is one of the genre's best works -- compelling entertainment, if not, in fact, high art -- into a self-indulgent political message. From what I understand from reviews (I've not read anything new from him since 2013's disappointing DOCTOR SLEEP (though THE OUTSIDER almost got me)), he's already played around the anti-Trump political edges with his last couple of books, so I don't think it's a stretch to think he'd take the opportunity to do same with THE STAND, his book about a mad leader (Flagg) and the end of rational civilization...I'd almost be more surprised if he didn't.

    Btw, Dan, hope this doesn't push the envelope on your wise No Politics forum policy...I'm not making a political statement whatsoever, just trying to make a point instead on the creative process and how a writer's personal sociopolitical views influence -- and can even undermine -- the creative process.
    Elevation got the rap for being too political but I didn't see it. I was sceptical reading it and when I did I didn't see that it was. I like The Stand and how it ended. Not sure I'd want anymore added. If it is I probably will read it eventually. I also look at it as it's the writers work and if he wants to expand it be can do whatever he wants with it. But I do understand what you are saying

  20. #3440
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,616
    Rep Power
    14
    SLEEPING BEAUTIES, too, apparently.

Similar Threads

  1. The Random Thread
    By RichardThomas in forum The Writers' Corner
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 10-11-2013, 01:46 AM
  2. Need your thoughts and prayers
    By Ronald Kelly in forum Ronald Kelly
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •