Page 172 of 179 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3573

Thread: Random thoughts...

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    What was the question?? ~Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I am not even getting my question answered.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    What was the question?? ~Cap
    If they are still planning on producing the traycase for 'The Ghosts of Benevolence'. I respond to each update he sends with a polite ask about this and never receive a response. I have also asked via the website with the same lack of response. And a side note related to your comment about Mr. Little. It appears the newsletter comes from his but the responses go to Zach.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I looked at my copy of Centipede's THE DRIVE-IN and, thought, wait, that's still not right, mine doesn't look quite like that...until I noticed that yours is upside-down!
    HAHAHA!!!

If they are still planning on producing the traycase for 'The Ghosts of Benevolence'. I respond to each update he sends with a polite ask about this and never receive a response. I have also asked via the website with the same lack of response. And a side note related to your comment about Mr. Little. It appears the newsletter comes from his but the responses go to Zach.
    A while back (I forget when) Zach Powell sent me a box of books. He did not need to do that for me. I actually donated a couple of the books he sent because I wound up with duplicates. One or two books arrived in/with a protective layer around the book--I don't think it was a traycase--If it was a traycase it was weird looking. The material was very, very thin and kind of crinkly. (It's hard for me to properly describe-I have seen what I am describing used with other products). I immediately thought/suspected that material would not last very long.

Cap

Well, today I got a second opinion regarding the medical issue affecting me. I do not need a surgery since what was bothering me has gone away. The second doctor told me many people have the same problem as me. Some people like myself seem to be more prone to this condition/problem. I'm smart enough to fully realize /understand this problem may well flare up again. I was very happy with the second doctor and was in a really good mood all day. Cap

I hope everything is taken care of without too much disruption to your life. Take care.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Well, I learned tonight there is a new low in the King's Way Press debacle. Maybe fiasco is a better word? Guess who is now answering questions for Zach Powell? Paul Little! Nuff said on that score. Zach Powell did send me 1 or 2 free books. I am now firmly convinced I'll never see Poker Night or Silver/Solomon's Seal in my hands. If I do get the books, I might just faint. I've actually been considering taking the 3 or 4 King's Way Press titles I have and donating them at a thrift shop or a library.
    Hey Dan-If this starts a bout of nastyness here so sorry and feel free to delete my post. Needed to speak my mind tonight.

Cap
    What a bizarre situation. Zach quite firmly stated that Paul Little had absolutely nothing to do with KWP. To now involve him in responding to queries seems nuts.
    I don't understand why he doesn't just admit defeat and close shop. He must be the only person on the planet who thinks that these books will ever be released. Or perhaps he doesn't and he just wants to recoup some money on his paperback releases.

Like you cap I have no doubt that the 2 books I ordered will never make their way to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    What a bizarre situation. Zach quite firmly stated that Paul Little had absolutely nothing to do with KWP. To now involve him in responding to queries seems nuts.
    I don't understand why he doesn't just admit defeat and close shop. He must be the only person on the planet who thinks that these books will ever be released. Or perhaps he doesn't and he just wants to recoup some money on his paperback releases.

Like you Cap I have no doubt that the 2 books I ordered will never make their way to me.
    I feel I've said enough here. All I will add is that I hope one day I may get the two books I ordered from KWP. I did add a comment to the FB thread later. You'll need to go to FB to read my comment. ~Cap

Well, today I got a second opinion regarding the medical issue affecting me. I do not need a surgery since what was bothering me has gone away. The second doctor told me many people have the same problem as me. Some people like myself seem to be more prone to this condition/problem. I'm smart enough to fully realize /understand this problem may well flare up again. I was very happy with the second doctor and was in a really good mood all day. Cap
    I hope you have this in the rear view!

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    I thought you were beginning to describe my collecting habits

Seriously, glad all is well, Steve.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Great news. I wish you good health moving forward.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    That is fantastic news! I'm glad you've got answers and an understanding of your situation. Cheers to your health!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    That’s fantastic news. Fingers crossed for continued good health

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    That’s fantastic news. Fingers crossed for continued good health
    Thanks everyone, all of you,for the well wishes. I really wasn't sure what to expect before my appt. Wednesday morning. ~Cap

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Soooooo I'm sure everyone has seen this article already?

https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-sta...JYMcdeaQDPF4uc

If you haven't I'll tell you it includes a tasty bit of info about the upcoming TV adaptation of THE STAND. It seems King has WRITTEN SOMETHING NEW--a CODA--for the final episode.

And so I got to thinking that there's this publisher who is going to be doing an new edition of this book and we're over a year away from actually seeing this book so MAYBE this new coda might perhaps maybe find its way into the book? Possibly? I'll be your friend!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    What is this "Stand" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

If you haven't I'll tell you it includes a tasty bit of info about the upcoming TV adaptation of THE STAND. It seems King has WRITTEN SOMETHING NEW--a CODA--for the final episode.

And so I got to thinking that there's this publisher who is going to be doing an new edition of this book and we're over a year away from actually seeing this book so MAYBE this new coda might perhaps maybe find its way into the book? Possibly? I'll be your friend!
    As long as it does not end with society being rebuilt and a man escaping a government facility as a catastrophe unfolds.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

I hope they don't...having seen King's political hysteria on Twitter over the last few years, I'd be concerned that it'll be some sort of hyperbolic, cautionary coda that'll devolve a book that to my mind is one of the genre's best works -- compelling entertainment, if not, in fact, high art -- into a self-indulgent political message. From what I understand from reviews (I've not read anything new from him since 2013's disappointing DOCTOR SLEEP (though THE OUTSIDER almost got me)), he's already played around the anti-Trump political edges with his last couple of books, so I don't think it's a stretch to think he'd take the opportunity to do same with THE STAND, his book about a mad leader (Flagg) and the end of rational civilization...I'd almost be more surprised if he didn't.

Btw, Dan, hope this doesn't push the envelope on your wise No Politics forum policy...I'm not making a political statement whatsoever, just trying to make a point instead on the creative process and how a writer's personal sociopolitical views influence -- and can even undermine -- the creative process.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 08-02-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    I hope they don't...having seen King's political hysteria on Twitter over the last few years, I'd be concerned that it'll be some sort of hyperbolic, cautionary coda that'll devolve a book that to my mind is one of the genre's best works -- compelling entertainment, if not, in fact, high art -- into a self-indulgent political message. From what I understand from reviews (I've not read anything new from him since 2013's disappointing DOCTOR SLEEP (though THE OUTSIDER almost got me)), he's already played around the anti-Trump political edges with his last couple of books, so I don't think it's a stretch to think he'd take the opportunity to do same with THE STAND, his book about a mad leader (Flagg) and the end of rational civilization...I'd almost be more surprised if he didn't.

Btw, Dan, hope this doesn't push the envelope on your wise No Politics forum policy...I'm not making a political statement whatsoever, just trying to make a point instead on the creative process and how a writer's personal sociopolitical views influence -- and can even undermine -- the creative process.
    Nah it's fine.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany

Elevation got the rap for being too political but I didn't see it. I was sceptical reading it and when I did I didn't see that it was. I like The Stand and how it ended. Not sure I'd want anymore added. If it is I probably will read it eventually. I also look at it as it's the writers work and if he wants to expand it be can do whatever he wants with it. But I do understand what you are saying

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    SLEEPING BEAUTIES, too, apparently.