Page 167 of 180 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 3597

Thread: Random thoughts...

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Ron, Do you have experience with other instruments? If so that should help. Either way have fun and hope you love it!
    My previous music lessons were on the guitar...when I was in grade school four decade ago. Otherwise, no. So I'm very literally starting from ground zero, and kind of hanging my hopes on one YouTube video wherein the guy said, You don't really need to know how to read music to play the eletric guitar. Plus I do a mean air-drum beat on the steering wheel of my car, so at least I can keep up with a beat. So, yeah, it's going to be a long, frustrating road, and I'm prepared for that. If all else fails, I've got a 20-year old daughter who's salivating at the idea of taking it over from me and replacing her accoustic guitar. But I'm going to give it my all before that happens...I'd really like to see something come of this little adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Word around here is he has already scored his first paying gig. He will be doing a new theme song for Jeffingoff's unboxing videos. He is being paid the handsome sum of three slightly used Bentley Little books.
    I'll do my best Weird Al Yankovic to the Thunderbirds' "Wrap it Up":

I've been watchin' your vids for days now baby
    I just love your funny ways now baby
    You know our book-love will never stop now baby
    Just put your book in my mailbox now baby
    Unwrap it I'll take it
    Unwrap it I'll take it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51270i8F3mU

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA LOVE THIS!

He'll get
    THE CIRCLE (unsigned trade edition)
    WALKING ALONE (unsigned trade edition)
    The MAILMAN (unsigned trade edition)
    And I'll throw in a beer cozy based on THE STORE that I got from NRB.
    You miss the point, Jeff...I'm offering my soon-to-be-stellar musical skills so that your views will grow and your channel will monetize...so you can buy *more* Bentley Little books for yourself. I'm just tryin' to help a book-brother out...
    Last edited by RonClinton; 04-03-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Had to look that one up. Redd Foxx (sp?) is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Got a sudden craving for Gorilla cookies

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    I was just flipping through my copy of Borderlands, Thomas Monteleone's 1990 anthology. The book is great of course, but the number (26) of sweet signatures collected is fantastic Les Daniels, Karl Edward Wagner, T.E.D. Klein, Ed Gorman, Charles Grant, I think Harlan Ellison is mixed in there somewhere, you know what some of these signatures look like.

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I was just flipping through my copy of Borderlands, Thomas Monteleone's 1990 anthology. The book is great of course, but the number (26) of sweet signatures collected is fantastic Les Daniels, Karl Edward Wagner, T.E.D. Klein, Ed Gorman, Charles Grant, I think Harlan Ellison is mixed in there somewhere, you know what some of these signatures look like.
    Those older anthologies with all the Big Names in it are just great to have, aren't they? I have a couple bookcases full of nothing but signed HC anthologies, and treasure 'em all. Sad how some of the names are now becoming lost in the fog of the passage of time and are increasingly unfamiliar to a segment of new readers in the genre, but I suppose that's the nature of the beast.

It is sort of sad and nostalgic, isn't it?? I don't quite have that many Ron, but I do indeed treasure the ones I do have. It's true that age can give us perspective on our collections and the books we collect.

Probably my favorites are the Dark Harvest anthologies...not necessarily the contents (though there are many, many fine stories within them), but more so the nostalgia and connection to the past that they hold for me. Dark Harvest was kind of my gateway drug to the whole small-press / collecting thing back in the late '80s, and are as much as influence on my becoming a lifelong fan of small-press macabre fiction than anything else (King's NIGHT SHIFT, Lansdale's BY BIZARRE HANDS, etc.), and their anthologies perhaps in particular.

My favorite Dark Harvest is my Copy of Swan Song! They were a great little press.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Weed eater recommendations? One you don't have to pull the cord on 18 times to get it to turn over and stop every 5 seconds to get more string.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Weed eater recommendations? One you don't have to pull the cord on 18 times to get it to turn over and stop every 5 seconds to get more string.
    I replaced my gas trimmer with one of these last year - https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-15-i...02SF/300638783

I could really use an extra battery, but it works well. My gas trimmer was driving me nuts, and I couldn't get parts for it any more. I'm really glad to have gone electric. These 56V models are great.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    I agree. I love the EGO tools. I have the mower, snowblower, leaf blower, and weed eater. They all work great and I can use the same batteries in all of them.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I just got me some of these and my problem was solved!

goats2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I replaced my gas trimmer with one of these last year - https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-15-i...02SF/300638783

I could really use an extra battery, but it works well. My gas trimmer was driving me nuts, and I couldn't get parts for it any more. I'm really glad to have gone electric. These 56V models are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    I agree. I love the EGO tools. I have the mower, snowblower, leaf blower, and weed eater. They all work great and I can use the same batteries in all of them.
    Thanks, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I just got me some of these and my problem was solved!

goats2.jpg
    I'd love you have a goat but, the city would probably frown upon it in city limits.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    I switched over to battery as well. I went with Black & Decker and it's lasted me close to 5 years now. It will not cut down small saplings but it works fine for normal weed eating and edging. Over the years I added a drill and small chainsaw that uses the same size battery. So I have three batteries that I cycle through.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I switched over to battery as well. I went with Black & Decker and it's lasted me close to 5 years now. It will not cut down small saplings but it works fine for normal weed eating and edging. Over the years I added a drill and small chainsaw that uses the same size battery. So I have three batteries that I cycle through.
    Thanks! Leaning towards the Ego as it has great reviews.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Adding to what Ben said. Buying stuff that's all the same brand makes a lot of sense on the battery front, as batteries and chargers aren't usually interchangeable across the different brands. It ends up being a lot less clutter / and more convenient if all your stuff uses the same batteries.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Adding to what Ben said. Buying stuff that's all the same brand makes a lot of sense on the battery front, as batteries and chargers aren't usually interchangeable across the different brands. It ends up being a lot less clutter / and more convenient if all your stuff uses the same batteries.
    I went with Dewalt for this exact reason. I'm sure that there are better weed eaters out there but I already have a handful of batteries from drills, saws, etc.

I'm still using corded equipment. A pain with extension cords sometimes, but I don't have to bother with batteries or chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I'm still using corded equipment. A pain with extension cords sometimes, but I don't have to bother with batteries or chargers.
    Same. I have a gas-powered mower, but everything else (edge trimmer, leaf trimmer, and blower) are corded. I had nothing but problems with my gas-powered and battery-powered trimmers, so have stuck with corded...though I've cut a couple electric cords with the leaf trimmer, which always makes for sparkly excitement. So it takes a bit more attention to make sure you keep the cord out of the way, but I find that it otherwise makes things pretty easy.

DRP posted a link to Jeff's video in their newsletter.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    DRP posted a link to Jeff's video in their newsletter.
    He’s going to be impossible to live with now.