Page 158 of 175 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3492

Thread: Random thoughts...

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Well thankfully all of this has become irrelevant. Somehow a automotive miracle has occurred and the dealer is paying to replace the engine. Which is great, because I still had 3 years left on my loan...

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Well thankfully all of this has become irrelevant. Somehow a automotive miracle has occurred and the dealer is paying to replace the engine. Which is great, because I still had 3 years left on my loan...
    Thats great news!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    That's great! My mechanic is now the official repair shop for our local Carmax, and he told me he's replaced a few engines lately. I was surprised how little it costs for most cars.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Woot! That is amazing. Congrats on having a dealer that apparently is doing the right thing. Do you know if this issue was due to some type of recall or something similar?

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    I'm currently reading The Lone Ranger Omnibus Vol. 1. I hadn't read any of the first core new LR series from Dynamite Entertainment until now. The story is okay and obviously a different take on the LR. What has become very clear to me is that the ill fated The Lone Ranger (2013) movie definitely was influenced by this first new LR series. I saw the LR (2013) twice and I can see some elements of this comic book series in that movie. What happened with the movie makes me sad since there will probably never be a new LR movie.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    If I may be curious, what happened with the engine of your car? Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Sweet!

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    If I may be curious, what happened with the engine of your car? Cap
    As of right now the dealer doesn't know what caused it. It had no open recalls or anything like that. It's kinda complicated and confusing, but it was acting up and we where sure it had something to do with the cruise control, but the dealer couldn't replicate the problem. While they where test driving it, it shut off completely and when they got it back to the shop and ran a diagnostic on it they found a problem with the engine. The engine problem turned out to be that the crank shaft froze up, wrecking the engine. I'm hoping that once they replace it they may be able to figure out what caused it.

The dealership offers a "warranty" that's not really a warranty called "Jones for a Lifetime" which is a lifetime guarantee on the engine as long as you do all of the service with them. I thought I had this on my car, but the service department said I didn't have any warranties. I spoke with a sales person that happened to be a member of the owners family and him and the GM at the dealer managed to get the engine replaced under the "Jones for a Lifetime" program.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    That was very awesome of the dealer. I hope everything works out great for you.

As of right now the dealer doesn't know what caused it. It had no open recalls or anything like that. It's kinda complicated and confusing, but it was acting up and we where sure it had something to do with the cruise control, but the dealer couldn't replicate the problem. While they where test driving it, it shut off completely and when they got it back to the shop and ran a diagnostic on it they found a problem with the engine. The engine problem turned out to be that the crank shaft froze up, wrecking the engine. I'm hoping that once they replace it they may be able to figure out what caused it.

The dealership offers a "warranty" that's not really a warranty called "Jones for a Lifetime" which is a lifetime guarantee on the engine as long as you do all of the service with them. I thought I had this on my car, but the service department said I didn't have any warranties. I spoke with a sales person that happened to be a member of the owners family and him and the GM at the dealer managed to get the engine replaced under the "Jones for a Lifetime" program.

Here's a little sneak peak at something I've been quietly working on for CD for maybe a month now. I suspect we'll be selling them soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpc67gbn...on_share_sheet

Instagram

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    That looks amazing!!

Here's a little sneak peak at something I've been quietly working on for CD for maybe a month now. I suspect we'll be selling them soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpc67gbn...on_share_sheet
    So that is Carrie! I almost asked on the Instagram post.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    So that is Carrie! I almost asked on the Instagram post.
    Yep that's based off of stamping used on the lettered edition. If this one goes well I think the plan will be to do them for at least all the Doubleday stuff, and maybe more. I'm actually really looking forward to the ones for Salem and Shining.

Instagram

Another DAYS OF THE DEAD conference question. I've never been to an entertainment conference before. Not one where celebrities set up tables and signed autographs and such. So I have no idea what to expect. What I want to know from those who have gone to things like this is--do they charge for autographs? I thought that if I brought something to sign and waited in line, I could get whoever to sign whatever for free. Now I'm realizing how naive that must be. Can anyone tell me how it goes down?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Another DAYS OF THE DEAD conference question. I've never been to an entertainment conference before. Not one where celebrities set up tables and signed autographs and such. So I have no idea what to expect. What I want to know from those who have gone to things like this is--do they charge for autographs? I thought that if I brought something to sign and waited in line, I could get whoever to sign whatever for free. Now I'm realizing how naive that must be. Can anyone tell me how it goes down?
    I'm pretty sure it all depends on the event. I've been to ones that it's all free, ones were you get "signing session tickets" to portion / spread the line waiting out, and to ones where they cost money.

Instagram

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Ive seen it go every which way.

At ECCC this year, almost everyone signed everything for free with the exception of Jae Lee who charged either $5 or $10 per item, but didnt charge me since I bought a print. The artists that signed a ton of stuff were aware that if a line formed, Id get out and give someone else a chance. Chris Claremont charged $10 a sig and seemed to have no limit. Some people had BOXES of stuff he was signing. I never got anything signed.

Katie has gone to a few MLP cons and autographs always cost and theyd sign whatever as long as you had a ticket per.

And quite often there was a time limit - autographs between 1-3pm sorta thing.

Thanks for the insights, guys. I guess I'll just have to see how this goes. All the cenobites will be there (except Doug Bradley!) and I have a stack of books I was going to have them sign. But if I have to pay then I might have to rethink how much I bring. I don't want to lug a stack of books around. I'm going to reach out to the event organizers. But it helps to know what others have experienced. Thanks!

Never before have I hated winter so much as I did yesterday. It took me 8 hours to make what's typically a 1 hour drive home from the office. I ended up taking today off, just because I couldn't look at the inside of my car anymore.

Instagram

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    I was talking to my manager who is located in PA, he mentioned how bad it was. He said his daughter has a four mile drive and it took her two hours. I can't imagine an eight hour drive home, that's just nuts.

Never before have I hated winter so much as I did yesterday. It took me 8 hours to make what's typically a 1 hour drive home from the office. I ended up taking today off, just because I couldn't look at the inside of my car anymore.
    My worst commute to work was 4 hours but I did have an 8 hour commute home once. Fortunately I am able to work from home when needed.