No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got up early to tackle the Super Bowl snow storm....

Had to treck through this....to get from my house to my garage to get my snowblower... This was this morning. I had already used it to clear about 4 or 5 inches last night around 7pm
    Snow feb2 2015.jpg
    snow feb2a 2015.jpg

Then...had to clear of my wifes car - mine (Dodge Avenger) was just as buried....
    snow feb 2b 2015.jpg

Comment

Nice! No such luck here. Just two inches of snow in KC. But Puxatawney Phil came through again this year. Six more weeks of winter! (I wonder how Tom is faring...)
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
        Got up early to tackle the Super Bowl snow storm....

Had to treck through this....to get from my house to my garage to get my snowblower... This was this morning. I had already used it to clear about 4 or 5 inches last night around 7pm
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16291[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16292[/ATTACH]

Then...had to clear of my wifes car - mine (Dodge Avenger) was just as buried....
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16293[/ATTACH]
        Unfortunately you have more snow then several ski resorts in Oregon and Washington. Been a rough year!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Nice! No such luck here. Just two inches of snow in KC. But Puxatawney Phil came through again this year. Six more weeks of winter! (I wonder how Tom is faring...)
          Hhhmmmm..... our groundhog Wiarton Willie is predicting an early spring.......after this????? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
            Hhhmmmm..... our groundhog Wiarton Willie is predicting an early spring.......after this????? LOL
            Ha and ours predicted 6 more weeks of winter. Though ours predicts that every year, I wonder if it has something to do will all the people with cameras staring at it...
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

If a groundhog ever predicted less than 6 weeks left of winter at this point I'd call him a liar!

Comment

Snow.....lots of snow.........lots and lots of snow....oh no more snow.....lots more snow.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  Snow.....lots of snow.........lots and lots of snow....oh no more snow.....lots more snow.
                  We had 2 days of melt (36-38°F) +2 or so °C.....rain......turned to freezing rain......

Detroit River is still pretty much frozen over there....took this picture yesterday on our way to JC Penney just outside Detroit, MI
                  20150207_122451[1].jpg

FYI - For those not familiar.....it doesn't happen often!

Comment

Nice picture...guess what? .........still snowing. So tired from shovelling..should stop by the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      Nice picture...guess what? .........still snowing. So tired from shovelling..should stop by the morning.
                      And in California we're begging for it. If only there was some way to convince Mother Nature to spread the love around.

Comment

Solid deal today ($3) on Datlow's Lovecraft's Monsters anthology for Kindle. I haven't read this yet but have been meaning to.

http://www.amazon.com/Lovecrafts-Mon...qid=1423758157
                        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Has anyone read this?

Stephen King (@StephenKing)
                          2/11/15, 7:44 AM
                          Reading the last book in Carsten Stroud's horror/suspense NICEVILLE trilogy, THE RECKONING. Out in August. Good God, what an achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
                            Has anyone read this?

Stephen King (@StephenKing)
                            2/11/15, 7:44 AM
                            Reading the last book in Carsten Stroud's horror/suspense NICEVILLE trilogy, THE RECKONING. Out in August. Good God, what an achievement.
                            No, but everything I've read by Stroud has been good.

Comment

Has anyone ever heard of a Goodreads giveaway that is hidden?

I got an email that a book I have shelved is now a giveaway - I went to click on it, and it had a red bar at the top that says "This give away is currently hidden. "

Comment

Hi Brian or Dan, I just tried to check out using the coupon code from the Revival Slipcase email update that went out yesterday and I get the message that I cannot use Paypal to pay when the subtotal is $0, but my total is not $0 because shipping is $7, can anyone help with this please? thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X