Page 125 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3546

Thread: Random thoughts...

  1. #2481
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    14
    The cat still lives. On the plus side she's hunting a fly that got into my house and has been irritating me. So, fair trade I guess.

  2. #2482
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    7
    The Lunarian storyline in Dick Tracy is back. I've been hoping that this would eventually happen, I'm so excited!
    http://gocomics.com/dicktracy


    Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  3. #2483
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,608
    Rep Power
    54
    Deena Warner did a program at my Library last night called, Drawing Halloween. It was fantastic! She discussed Halloween its influence on her Life and Art. She told some great stories, including one about meeting her husband and their subsequent Halloween nuptials. She was warm, funny and engaging, all the things you want a presenter to be. I’m planning to bring her back for Halloween 2020, when we will be in our new building. She brought lots of give always, including her always popular postcards and some neat key chains. She had some artwork for sale and I purchased a cool M.R. James print. But the surprise of the evening, for me, was that Deena presented me with the signed original artwork for this year’s Halloween postcard. I was balled over, too generous!! It’s getting framed ASAP and will always to a treasured part of my Halloween collection. If you ever get a chance to see her, don’t miss it!!
    Deena and Mike.jpg Print Plus.jpg
    Last edited by mhatchett; 10-24-2017 at 12:34 PM.

  4. #2484
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,892
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Deena Warner did a program at my Library last night called, Drawing Halloween. It was fantastic! She discussed Halloween its influence on her Life and Art. She told some great stories, including one about meeting her husband and their subsequent Halloween nuptials. She was warm, funny and engaging, all the things you want a presenter to be. I’m planning to bring her back for Halloween 2020, when we will be in our new building. She brought lots of give always, including her always popular postcards and some neat key chains. She had some artwork for sale and I purchased a cool M.R. James print. But the surprise of the evening, for me, was that Deena presented me with the signed original artwork for this year’s Halloween postcard. I was balled over, too generous!! It’s getting framed ASAP and will always to a treasured part of my Halloween collection. If you ever get a chance to see her, don’t miss it!!
    Deena and Mike.jpg Print Plus.jpg
    Fantastic! I would love to meet her. I am looking forward to this years card.

  5. #2485
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    14
    That's very cool! I always look forward to receiving her postcard each year. Her art and dedication are phenomenal.

  6. #2486
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,621
    Rep Power
    52
    Very cool, Mike! Congrats on the art! Looking forward to the card as well.

  7. #2487
    Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    9
    You can take my Eva's gun when you pry it from her cold, plastic hands.

    SAM_2010.jpg
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    https://bugensbooks.com/

  8. #2488
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,843
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    You can take my Eva's gun when you pry it from her cold, plastic hands.

    SAM_2010.jpg
    Nice. I haven't seen that show in forever. Strange anime, but good.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  9. #2489
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Nice. I haven't seen that show in forever. Strange anime, but good.
    Very true. I wonder if I would like it as much if I watched it now. Loved it as a kid.

  10. #2490
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    14
    Happy Halloween everyone!

    I received my Deena Warner Halloween card yesterday. Love it as usual!

  11. #2491
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,575
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Happy Halloween everyone!

    I received my Deena Warner Halloween card yesterday. Love it as usual!
    Me, too -- always a highlight of the Halloween season for me.

  12. #2492
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,892
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Happy Halloween everyone!

    I received my Deena Warner Halloween card yesterday. Love it as usual!
    Got mine yesterday as well. Great art and story. Actually received three items yesterday and as much as I loved the card the other two floored me. I will try to get them posted to my collection thread this weekend!

  13. #2493
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,621
    Rep Power
    52
    Happy Belated Halloween, guys! Received my card as well.

  14. #2494
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,621
    Rep Power
    52
    Huge thanks to all you US Vets out there. Thanks for the sacrifices you have made and in some cases, continue to make. I salute you!

  15. #2495
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,752
    Rep Power
    13
    When it comes time to publish PET SEMATARY, CD should "misprint" a handful of traycases and dust jackets with CD spelled as Sematary Dance, going so far as to put the SD in the logo on the spine. Maybe only "misprint" 20 of these and make sure I get one of these ultra rare variants!

  16. #2496
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,392
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    When it comes time to publish PET SEMATARY, CD should "misprint" a handful of traycases and dust jackets with CD spelled as Sematary Dance, going so far as to put the SD in the logo on the spine. Maybe only "misprint" 20 of these and make sure I get one of these ultra rare variants!
    That's an AWESOME idea!! Assuming of course, I get one of the 20, or else I hate that idea!!! LOL!

  17. #2497
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,752
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    That's an AWESOME idea!! Assuming of course, I get one of the 20, or else I hate that idea!!! LOL!
    Or MAYBE it's a CDCC exclusive dust jacket! And you can only get it by being in the CDCC!

  18. #2498
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    14
    You can also just make it one of a kind and send it to me. Don't worry guys I'll take pictures so you can bask in its glory too.

  19. #2499
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,892
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    When it comes time to publish PET SEMATARY, CD should "misprint" a handful of traycases and dust jackets with CD spelled as Sematary Dance, going so far as to put the SD in the logo on the spine. Maybe only "misprint" 20 of these and make sure I get one of these ultra rare variants!
    Now that's thinking outside the box, cool concept!

  20. #2500
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    960
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    You can also just make it one of a kind and send it to me. Don't worry guys I'll take pictures so you can bask in its glory too.
    Your generosity is something else.

Similar Threads

  1. The Random Thread
    By RichardThomas in forum The Writers' Corner
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 10-11-2013, 12:46 AM
  2. Need your thoughts and prayers
    By Ronald Kelly in forum Ronald Kelly
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •