Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    All is well with the world again; I forsee some restful nights ahead (after Monday's announcement--though that's merely a coincidence). After the low-life, cry-baby, belly-crawling idiots (about 1,400 individuals) of Irwindale CA complained about their town smelling of sriracha, a judge ordered the Huy Fong food company to shut down production of its popular "rooster sauce" for an indefinite period of time. However, the crisis is, at least, temporarily over. While shopping yesterday, I found a lone bottle of rooster sauce on the shelves in my local grocery store. The stocker said he has to replace the stock every hour or so because people keep asking for it.

I was only able to get one bottle, but it's enough...for now. The Irwindale City council has tabled the issue for now, but has put it one the schedule for later this year. Hpefully, cooler heads will prevail.

Happy spicing to all,
    And to all a good night!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14949[/ATTACH]
    I can't tell if this was a joke or not but I will say that my local Costco is NEVER out of this shit. Mason stands in front of it every time we go there and says he wants to try it but we don't eat spicy often and just use small amount for flavor so he refuses to buy it until all the Franks Hot sauce is gone. My point is, COSTCO!

Comment

There were reports of a shortage so I think people went and bought a whole bunch of it leaving stores, ironically, short on supplies.

Comment

I know tons of people who are completely addicted to the stuff. I dig it, one of the better hot sauces.

Comment

When the judge ordered production stopped, HFFoods had to stop shipping sriracha for 30 days due to fears of contamination from the bottles sitting around unused.

I was really disappointed when I went to a book signing by theoatmeal, I asked him about a favorite sriracha story and he said he didn't have one. It was just one night he needed to make some bad vietnamese food palatable and he used sriracha. Oh well.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Mindy is THAT AMAZING that I am actually concerned for her well being just because I emailed her this morning and haven't heard back. lol. Im sure she is overwhelmed with emails and other such things after yesterday though so I push my concern to the back of my mind and wait patiently.

Comment

MINDY IS OKAY! lol. She even replied to me asap today! I love her.

Comment

Finally...... spring has arrived in Windsor!!!!! Current conditions: via Detroit NWS

Fair and Breezy

69°F

21°C

Humidity33%
                Wind SpeedS 24 G 32 mph
                Barometer29.66 in (1004.3 mb)
                Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
                Visibility10.00 mi

Last Update on 10 Apr 1:53 pm EDT

Comment

I know I am getting old and forgetful but I just got a shipping notice from CD and I have no recollection of ordering the item, or even of the item ever being announced! Excited to have it coming but I am puzzled.

Comment

Well, spare us the suspense..... what is shipping to you????

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                      Well, spare us the suspense..... what is shipping to you????
                      I know what it is! Martin has very kindly bought me a Lettered Edition of Doctor Sleep as a surprise gift....
                      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                      - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I know I am getting old and forgetful but I just got a shipping notice from CD and I have no recollection of ordering the item, or even of the item ever being announced! Excited to have it coming but I am puzzled.
                        Apparently, you and I had the same experience today.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                          Apparently, you and I had the same experience today.
                          So you have bought me a present too? Cool!!!
                          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                          - Stephen King

Comment

I may be old but I do remember that one being announced!
                            Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                            I know what it is! Martin has very kindly bought me a Lettered Edition of Doctor Sleep as a surprise gift....

Comment

Got my shipping notice of this one, too. Pretty excited about it. Never really read anything by the author and it looked pretty good.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Got my shipping notice of this one, too. Pretty excited about it. Never really read anything by the author and it looked pretty good.
                                What book is everyone talking about?

Comment

Working...
                                X