Page 113 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 3591

Thread: Random thoughts...

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Random Whine...I see folks are getting copies of 4 Halloweens and know it's nobody's fault at CD or on this Forum, but fot God's sake I live in Richmond VA, not Richmond CA, why does it take forever to my books. I get stuff from CO, like BAm! LOL. As I said, random whine!
    These things don't ship all at once. They also ship roughly in the order that they where ordered in. So someone from California could ship a couple days before someone in Virginia depending on where those orders fell in the shipping queue. The other thing is USPS picks up fairly irregularly anywhere from 2 to 3 times a week (occasionally only one time) where if you paid for UPS, UPS picks up every day.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    These things don't ship all at once. They also ship roughly in the order that they where ordered in. So someone from California could ship a couple days before someone in Virginia depending on where those orders fell in the shipping queue. The other thing is USPS picks up fairly irregularly anywhere from 2 to 3 times a week (occasionally only one time) where if you paid for UPS, UPS picks up every day.
    Interesting. That explains the gap with the shipping notice and the actually tracking information.

Quote Originally Posted by TJCams View Post
    Interesting. That explains the gap with the shipping notice and the actually tracking information.
    Yep. I'd love for them to pick up every day, but I'm happy they even pick up at all, since they don't have to. It's separate arrangement we have with out local post office.

Instagram

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Yep. I'd love for them to pick up every day, but I'm happy they even pick up at all, since they don't have to. It's separate arrangement we have with out local post office.
    OK, Random Whine satisfied lol!!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    My 4 Halloween's looks like it was actually picked up yesterday (10th), and got another shipping notice today - hopefully it leaves today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TJCams View Post
    My 4 Halloween's looks like it was actually picked up yesterday (10th), and got another shipping notice today - hopefully it leaves today or tomorrow.
    Four Halloweens (with the exception of the lettered editions) should all be out the door now. I think the last of them left yesterday.

Instagram

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    The other thing is USPS picks up fairly irregularly anywhere from 2 to 3 times a week (occasionally only one time) where if you paid for UPS, UPS picks up every day.
    Usually get what ya pay for......

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar
    How safe are the shipping bubble wrap bags to store books in for long periods of time?

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    How safe are the shipping bubble wrap bags to store books in for long periods of time?
    Not really an answer to your question, Tommy but hopefully pretty safe as I have some stored this way waiting on slipcases before I shelf them. I'd think the environment in which they are stored inside of the bubble wrap might be a greater factor, i.e. extreme temp changes, etc. And maybe they shouldn't be stacked on top of one another?? You'll get much better advise soon I'm sure.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    If you are of a certain age, the name Beverly Clearly probably summons the spirit of nostalgia. Henry Huggins was one of my first “chapter” books. It was followed quickly by the others in the series, special favorites were Henry and Ribsy, Henry and The Paper Route. Mrs Cleary will be turning 100 next month, so I just wanted to say thanks and early Happy Birthday!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Those were probably what planted the seeds of my love of reading.

Happy Birthday Ms. Clearly!

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    If you are of a certain age, the name Beverly Clearly probably summons the spirit of nostalgia. Henry Huggins was one of my first “chapter” books. It was followed quickly by the others in the series, special favorites were Henry and Ribsy, Henry and The Paper Route. Mrs Cleary will be turning 100 next month, so I just wanted to say thanks and early Happy Birthday!

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Two days ago I finished reading Christine and tonight I first saw the movie. Now I kind of want a 1957 Plymouth Fury.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Found out tonight that one of my co-workers is actively trying to avert the zombie apocalypse. His is a state employee in the Fish and Wildlife Department. Apparently, there is a modified protein present in deer in 29 counties in Missouri that causes the deer's brain to deteriorate; the deer will then wander about aimlessly, causing whatever destruction it can until it gets hit by a car or just expires. The fear is two-fold: 1) that hunters will process and consume the meat of the infected deer and 2) that when the deer dies in the wild, the modified protein will be absorbed by plants (which it has already been shown to happen) and the protein gets into the general food supply. Who knows what that protein would do in humans.

His department is preparing to test 9,000 deer in the next two days in those counties.

Zombie deer are already among us. The zombie apocalypse threat is real. And my friend is one the front lines!

Needless to say, his "Coolness Quotient" just sky rocketed!!!

Last edited by srboone; 04-18-2016 at 05:53 AM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

So. . . shouldn't there be some shadowy government organization on the way right now to shut up everyone who's got information and to take over and bungle the operation?
    -John Barth

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    There very well maybe. Of course, a government that doesn't like to be too proactive (it makes people who have been govt employees for 10+ years actually do some work, which they resent) could probably bungle it just as effectively; but maybe I'll encounter agents from The Shop soon.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Lol, good luck to you guys on behalf of the human race!
    -John Barth

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    This occurred last year here in Washington. They reported deer approaching hunters rather than running away and if I remember correctly they were also wondering into traffic. The illness was called 'BlueTongue' and resulted in zombie deer. I do not recall any concerns with hunters consuming the deer. I believe the death toll on deer was over 1,000.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    A few years ago (probably around 5) a raccoon wandered into my yard and exhibited similar behaviour as has been described here among your local deer population. It was active during the day, and was unfazed by people around it, I walked with in 5-6 feet of it and it didn't react, it was eating leaves and vegetation, not ordinary for their diet. It then proceeded to twitch in its death throes underneath a pine tree in my yard for several days. I'd called animal control three days in a row before awaking on the fourth to find it gone. Earlier in the week there had been reports of rabies in them in the local newspaper, but on the 3rd attempted phone call to animal control I'd been informed by the telephone operator that it wasn't rabies but some other degenerative disease.

Most likely by coincidence, but almost all the lower branches on the pine tree beneath which it lay died away in short order after this incident.

The disease is spreading.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed St. Troy's Avatar
    Ok, not sure if you guys are kidding, but you are starting to rattle me.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Ok, not sure if you guys are kidding, but you are starting to rattle me.
    Although you are wise not to trust us (this is the internet after all) zombie Deer are real. Here is an old article about them in Washington and Idaho.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...hington-idaho/