No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was at my local Half Price Books this weekend and snagged some nice trade hardcovers: "Vampire Junction" by SP Somtow and "Secret Strangers" by Thomas Tessier. Have never read either title but have high hopes. I remember that SubPress did an LE for Vampire Junction a while back; so, I figured that it's probably worth the read. For the Tessier, I have read some of his other stuff, such as the Nightwalkers, and enjoyed it; so, I figured I would give this one a try. It's also a Dark Harvest book, and I always loved that press, so that excited me as well!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
      Was at my local Half Price Books this weekend and snagged some nice trade hardcovers: "Vampire Junction" by SP Somtow and "Secret Strangers" by Thomas Tessier. Have never read either title but have high hopes. I remember that SubPress did an LE for Vampire Junction a while back; so, I figured that it's probably worth the read. For the Tessier, I have read some of his other stuff, such as the Nightwalkers, and enjoyed it; so, I figured I would give this one a try. It's also a Dark Harvest book, and I always loved that press, so that excited me as well!
      I liked Vampire Junction, and if you like it, it's the first book in a trilogy. I really don't remember the second two books at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I liked Vampire Junction, and if you like it, it's the first book in a trilogy. I really don't remember the second two books at this point.
        Oh wow, didn't even realize it was a part of a trilogy.  I only recognized the name at all because I happened to remember the SubPress edition.  I'll have to keep an eye out if I enjoy the first book.  

Comment

Not sure if there are any other Kristopher Triana or Aron Beauregard fans on this forum, but they each released a limited-edition book today via their own websites. Even though my wallet hates me at the moment, I couldn't pass as I enjoy the heck out of each author and don't want to miss out!

Comment

Damn, big book-mail day today, with arrivals from Lividian, SST, and Brian Keene’s Vortex Books: CHILD ALONE WITH STRANGERS, COLD IN JULY, and A BETTER WORLD (signed trade 1st HC) by Sarah Langan. The first two were kindly held by Brian and Paul while I was away from home for a month.

Gotta love days like these.

EDIT: And the today (the day after the above) I received my S/L of THE DRIVE-IN: MULTIPLEX from Thunderstorm. Cool beans.
            Last edited by RonClinton; 04-13-2024, 06:20 AM.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have a running list of new(er) trade hardcovers that I intend to track down at some point once the price drops or my book budget has extra room. Every now and then, I like to swing over to Book Outlet's website to see if I can find any good steals from among my list. Today, I found four books from my list on the site at very reduced prices and I'm stoked! Grabbed the titles below:

1) The Mountain in the Sea by Ray Nayler

2) No Second Chances by Rio Youers

3) An Honest Man by Michael Koryta

4) The Guide by Peter Heller

Comment

Congrats to you. As a bonus you've now introduced me to the bookoutlet as well.

I have a running list of new(er) trade hardcovers that I intend to track down at some point once the price drops or my book budget has extra room. Every now and then, I like to swing over to Book Outlet's website to see if I can find any good steals from among my list. Today, I found four books from my list on the site at very reduced prices and I'm stoked! Grabbed the titles below:

1) The Mountain in the Sea by Ray Nayler

2) No Second Chances by Rio Youers

3) An Honest Man by Michael Koryta

4) The Guide by Peter Heller

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

On a related note, I ordered my first books from Pango Books last night...never bothered with it before though I guess I'd heard its name a time or two before, but happened to check it after crapping out at eBay, ABE, and Biblio on finding cheap copies of Sarah Langan's early horror pbos, and lo and behold the same seller had all three books for a couple bucks a piece.

Comment

Pango Books is fantastic. I'm quite active on there, mostly as a seller, but there are great books and deals to be found for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

Sweet! Hope you find something good!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

On a related note, I ordered my first books from Pango Books last night...never bothered with it before though I guess I'd heard its name a time or two before, but happened to check it after crapping out at eBay, ABE, and Biblio on finding cheap copies of Sarah Langan's early horror pbos, and lo and behold the same seller had all three books for a couple bucks a piece.
                        Huh, never heard of Pango books.  Will have to check them out after work.  Thanks for the info on them.

Comment

Originally posted by adman75 View Post
                          Pango Books is fantastic. I'm quite active on there, mostly as a seller, but there are great books and deals to be found for sure.
                          I hope it works out. While it's only been a couple of days so I'm not too worried that books haven't shipped yet, I also haven't received a reply to a message I sent shortly afterward. A first order at a new (to me) site with a silent seller makes me a bit nervous. I'll give it a couple more days, see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by adman75 View Post
                            What's your experience selling on there, if you don't mind sharing? It's supposed to better than some of the other platforms especially when it comes to fees....i was hoping fir a good copy of Swam Song on there but not one copy! Might grab a copy of The Stand though

Comment

Not sure if there are any other Kristopher Triana or Aron Beauregard fans on this forum, but they each released a limited-edition book today via their own websites. Even though my wallet hates me at the moment, I couldn't pass as I enjoy the heck out of each author and don't want to miss out!
                              Just received my copy of Aron Beauregard's "Playground" Deluxe edition. Very happy with how it turned out. All the production aspects turned out great, and all the little goodies that the author included in the package were fun. Can't wait to dig into the story sometime soon as it sounds insane! 

Comment

Working...
                              X