Page 165 of 179 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3569

Thread: Random thoughts...

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Toying seriously with the idea of learning how to play the electric guitar at age 52. They say you’re never to old to learn something new, so we’ll see if I test that theory...

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Toying seriously with the idea of learning how to play the electric guitar at age 52. They say you’re never to old to learn something new, so we’ll see if I test that theory...
    Go for it.

Junior Member Visitor
    Toying seriously with the idea of learning how to play the electric guitar at age 52. They say youíre never to old to learn something new, so weíll see if I test that theory...
    I just started taking lessons a year ago at age 54. Can be frustrating at times. At least you will start spending your money on guitars and books, instead of just books.

Quote Originally Posted by taost33 View Post
    I just started taking lessons a year ago at age 54. Can be frustrating at times. At least you will start spending your money on guitars and books, instead of just books.
    Good to hear it’s doable, though I’m definitely not anticipating an easy path to rock stardom...I figure it might take, what, at least a month or two. ;-)

Don’t know what style or model you opted for, but I’m looking at a Yamaha Pacifica...by all reports, it’s a great first model to learn on and build skills.

Junior Member Visitor
    Good to hear itís doable, though Iím definitely not anticipating an easy path to rock stardom...I figure it might take, what, at least a month or two. ;-)

Donít know what style or model you opted for, but Iím looking at a Yamaha Pacifica...by all reports, itís a great first model to learn on and build skills.
    The Pacifica certainly gets good reviews and it is a sharp looking guitar. I have a Epiphone Les Paul custom, it was left at my house. So my decision was made for me. I eventually picked up a Fender F260s acoustic. It is difficult (on those around me) but fun. All the accessories add up, tuners, stands, lessons. Try not to let it cut into your book budget.

Quote Originally Posted by taost33 View Post
    Try not to let it cut into your book budget.
    Wiser words have rarely been spoken.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    I'm going with the Harmonica, super annoying and portable lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I'm going with the Harmonica, super annoying and portable lol!!
    Let me know when you’re practiced and ready to go…we’ll jam to the Biblio-buyer’s Blues...

Oh, the Humanity lol!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Bronchitis. Yuck.

I will bring the jug and washboard.

Let me know when you’re practiced and ready to go…we’ll jam to the Biblio-buyer’s Blues...

Feel better, washboards rock lol!!!

Thanks and "Yes" they do. Still feel fairly awful but trying to stay out of the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Feel better, washboards rock lol!!!

Junior Member Part-timer
    Bad day yesterday. After months away from being with CNN 35 years they sent an e mail out informing those of us with ten yrs with company and 55 years or older for “voluntary” buy out. Do not have to do this but the caveat being that if you do not take this and there are lay offs any offer could be less.

With a daughter in sixth grade and stay at home mom needless to write not a good day.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jargendeli View Post
    Bad day yesterday. After months away from being with CNN 35 years they sent an e mail out informing those of us with ten yrs with company and 55 years or older for “voluntary” buy out. Do not have to do this but the caveat being that if you do not take this and there are lay offs any offer could be less.

With a daughter in sixth grade and stay at home mom needless to write not a good day.
    Sorry to hear that. My employer has done 'early retirements' at times but I think they gave up doing so in recent years so now just off-shores and lays off.

Tough news and sorry to hear this. I wish you the best in a tough situation. I have been through two company lay-offs in my life and they are never easy.

I work in the public sector, but we've been through this once, since I've worked here almost 30 years. The buy out offer was weird and involved some health care credit plan. Some of my friends took it, but others rode it out. I hope things work out for you. Double check all of your options.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar

Best of luck to you. Like Mike said; be sure to read all the fine print in that offer. I was "involuntarily" laid off for a year back in 2015. It wasn't pleasant.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar

Sorry to hear that. Hope things start looking up very soon.

Really sorry to hear that, Jim…I hope things work out well for you and your family.