Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 2990

Thread: Random thoughts...

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    So I have two ideas for podcasts that I'm thinking about starting. One is kinda CD related the other one not so much. Though they're both kinda similar in format, just kinda about different things.

The first one would be a movie podcast. Kinda like a book club except for movies / and entertainment. We'd watch a movie a episode, then come on the podcast and talk about it and talk about what other things we've been watching. It's been done before, but I love to talk movies and entertainment and I think it would be a load of fun.

The second one is way more CD related. This one would be an actual book club in podcast form. Where we would talk about one book per episode.

What's everyone's thoughts on these types of podcasts? Would you listen to something like that? Would being on a show like that interest anyone? Which one do you think is more compelling? This is kinda the first I'm talking about these I've got more thoughts on the book club one, but I don't really want to share them until I gauge some interest / talk about with with Brian and maybe Rich. That said the book club one is the one I'm most hesitant about as when it comes to books my tastes are far more picky, plus I've never run a book club before.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Of course, I would lean towards the CD/book option, but both sound great!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I’d like the idea of a good book club podcast. I’ve always kinda wondered why us forum members have never tried a group read before, either.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    Sounds like a great idea for both. Although, I'd probably just be a listener/lucker.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    A friend is literally asking me about podcasts right now ... I think a book one would be fun. I’d enjoy listening and/or even contributing.

I’ve never been part of a book club before, and am kind of jealous of those friends who are part of one (even if it seems that they get together and drink wine...)

Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar
    Podcasts are tough for me. Few have been able to keep my interest for any length of time. I am most likely to listen to them if each episode ran about a 1/2 an hour. Beyond that it really depends on the content. General movie/entertainment discussion would greatly depend on the subject. There is a very broad range of options many would probably not interest me.

The book one intrigues me more but may suffer the same issue with content that is not of interest to me. If it focused more I would be more interested. One example would be to focus on Small Press books. Either spend some episodes on specific books and some episodes on 'behind the scenes' stuff with guests from different small press publishers, or a portion of the episodes on each topic. Something like that would intrigue me enough to give it a listen.

With regards to contributing, I would rule out contributing but am not sure I would have much to add.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jeffingoff's Avatar
    I'd love a CD insider/small press/horror book club pod cast. Kinda like what Brian Keene was/is doing? I'd be happy to contribute though I have no idea how. It'd be great to talk about new authors and what's going on in horror nowadays. Maybe contact Ron Clinton's agent before he get's too famous!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'd love a CD insider/small press/horror book club pod cast. Kinda like what Brian Keene was/is doing? I'd be happy to contribute though I have no idea how. It'd be great to talk about new authors and what's going on in horror nowadays. Maybe contact Ron Clinton's agent before he get's too famous!
    I'm too busy defending Bentley Little's honor to take on something else. ;-)

My two cents:

I'm not really a film buff, so a film-oriented podcast wouldn't have much appeal for me...it also seems like there're a lot of those film-review channels around when I click around YouTube hoping to find new unboxing videos from Jeff, before too often leaving disappointed and dejected ...not sure if the same is true of the podcast scene.

As far as the behind-the-scenes book and publisher thing, I'd surely be a steady listener of that. That's primarily what my new column is about, and that's really what gets my juices flowing. I"m a relatively steady listener of Keene's The Horror Show, but even there...given the option between A). a new episode that discusses films or comic books (as is not uncommon for them to do) and B). an older episode about books and authors that I may have missed, I'll opt for B every time.

If the content is interesting, length is not really a concern, but that said, I've been traveling more than usual this summer, so Keene's 90-min./2-hour bits work well for me. But for just every day listening -- at night or lunch, etc. -- I would agree that a tight, concise 30 minutes is about right.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I’ve only listened to three podcasts ever. I used to listen to a Sounders (Seattle’s Major League Soccer team) centric one, and also the first season of Serial. Just last week I listened to my first one in probably three years - don’t remember the name but it had an hour+ long interview with Terry Moore - one of my favorite comic book creators.

Other than that, I never found anything that piqued my interest.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour njhorror's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I'm too busy defending Bentley Little's honor to take on something else. ;-)

LOL made my day!
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson