No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tickets to Days of the Dead Chicago went on sale today. If anyone of you will be in the Chicago area on NOV 16-18 and want to see Clive Barker and Traci Lords.

https://www.daysofthedead.com/chicago/

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Tickets to Days of the Dead Chicago went on sale today. If anyone of you will be in the Chicago area on NOV 16-18 and want to see Clive Barker and Traci Lords.

https://www.daysofthedead.com/chicago/
      I've already met Barker three times over the years or else I would be there!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        That's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          ...which raises the question: have you met Lords?
          Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Just got the first 4 horror ARCs from Flame Tree Press. Now the hard part of figuring out what to read first.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
              Just got the first 4 horror ARCs from Flame Tree Press. Now the hard part of figuring out what to read first.
              What books did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
                ...which raises the question: have you met Lords?
                Hahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  What books did you get?
                  Creature by Hunter Shea

Thirteen Days by Sunset Beach by Ramsey Campbell

The Mouth of the Dark by Tim Waggoner

The Siren and the Specter by Jonathan Janz

Plan to start them tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                    Creature by Hunter Shea

Thirteen Days by Sunset Beach by Ramsey Campbell

The Mouth of the Dark by Tim Waggoner

The Siren and the Specter by Jonathan Janz

Plan to start them tomorrow
                    That's a very nice haul.

Comment

I have an extra copy of Blue November Storms Novella Series #14 by Brian James Freeman if anyone wants it.

Comment

So I have two ideas for podcasts that I'm thinking about starting. One is kinda CD related the other one not so much. Though they're both kinda similar in format, just kinda about different things.

The first one would be a movie podcast. Kinda like a book club except for movies / and entertainment. We'd watch a movie a episode, then come on the podcast and talk about it and talk about what other things we've been watching. It's been done before, but I love to talk movies and entertainment and I think it would be a load of fun.

The second one is way more CD related. This one would be an actual book club in podcast form. Where we would talk about one book per episode.

What's everyone's thoughts on these types of podcasts? Would you listen to something like that? Would being on a show like that interest anyone? Which one do you think is more compelling? This is kinda the first I'm talking about these I've got more thoughts on the book club one, but I don't really want to share them until I gauge some interest / talk about with with Brian and maybe Rich. That said the book club one is the one I'm most hesitant about as when it comes to books my tastes are far more picky, plus I've never run a book club before.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Of course, I would lean towards the CD/book option, but both sound great!

Comment

I’d like the idea of a good book club podcast. I’ve always kinda wondered why us forum members have never tried a group read before, either.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea for both. Although, I'd probably just be a listener/lucker.

Comment

A friend is literally asking me about podcasts right now ... I think a book one would be fun. I’d enjoy listening and/or even contributing.

I’ve never been part of a book club before, and am kind of jealous of those friends who are part of one (even if it seems that they get together and drink wine...)

Comment

Working...
                                X