No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. If any of you winners are around, do you have your stories available for reading?
    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

If Cemetery Dance were to do another Bentley Little limited edition, to follow The Mailman, which one would you like to see?

I was taken with Evil Deeds.
      Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
      http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

What does "Bookshop" edition mean? Like with the Book of Horrors?

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
          What does "Bookshop" edition mean? Like with the Book of Horrors?
          Good question. We used odd names for the editions of Book of Horrors, as it was a weird combined deal with PS Publishing and the number of sheets that all the authors agreed to sign was an odd number. So somewhere along the lines someone decided to call the Limited Edition a "Bookshop" edition. Then the addition signed by more than just the editor and artist a "Deluxe Edition". At least that's how I understood it.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

So its there's nothing different about it? It's just the book signed by the editor and the artist? Bookshop made it sound like it was different in a bad way to me. I don't know why but it did.

Comment

Abe's out with list monthly list of big spenders:

1. The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham - $14,500
              First impression of the first British edition published in 1951 and inscribed ‘Yours, John Wyndham / (John Benyon Harris) 22-8-51.’ Presented in a custom clamshell case designed by binder James Tapley.

2. Die Zukunft Einer Illusion by Sigmund Freud - $10,625
              Second German edition published in 1928 by Psychoanalytischer, this copy was signed by the author on the front free endpaper and includes a typed letter in German which has been laid in, from Dr. R. Luzzatto presenting the book to an associate.

3. War and Peace 1812-1820 Vol I & II. By Leo Tolstoy - $8,875
              Published in six volumes in 1886, this first printing of the first American edition and first English edition was translated from French by Clara Bell.

4. Erlkonig by Franz Schubert - $8,000
              First edition of Schubert’s first published work and most famous lied (German for song), fully engraved, inscribed by Schubert on the final leaf. Presented in custom half morocco clamshell box, published 1821.

I actually have this one. Of course it aint in good shape...
              5. African Game Trails by Theodore Roosevelt - $7,500
              Published in 1910, this first trade edition was inscribed by Roosevelt “Mr. L. DeSales Casey/with the best wishes of/Theodore Roosevelt/Oct. 18th 1918."

6. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - $ 6,750
              Limited to 2,500 copies (this # 37) and published in 1969, this edition includes 12 original illustrations by Salvador Dali, and also features the artist’s signature.

7. Historia Naturale by Ferrante Imperato - $6,338
              Ferrante Imperato was an apothecary in Naples who created this book to present his natural history research, or cabinet of curiosities. It includes what were the first illustrations (engravings) of this type of collection. This, the second edition, was published in Venice in 1672.

8 . Reports of Cases Relating to Maritime Law by J.P. Aspinall - $6,337
              Published in 19 volumes, without the index volume between 1870 and 1949. Reports include the full text of numerous court cases. Subject matter includes abandonment, arbitration, bankruptcy, carriage of goods and passengers, conflict of laws, enemy ships, loss, insurance, negligence, perils of the sea, personal injury, sale of goods, salvage, war and a host of other seafaring topics.

9. Persian Gulf and Red Sea Naval Reports 1820-1960 - $5,891
              Published in 1993 by Cambridge University Press, this 15-volume set details material previously scattered through two government archives into a concise and convenient format. The Naval Reports cover the activities of the Royal Navy, and the Indian Navy until its dissolution in 1863.

10. How to Make Profits Trading in Commodities by W.D. Gann - $5,650
              One of many books on trading written by Gann, in this one he discusses the cyclical nature of commodities as well as some of the basic rules of successful trading in commodities. Published in 1941, this edition contains W.D. Gann’s signature in blue ink.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Hey Squire, Did I mention it was my Birthday next month?
                Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
                http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

Well....happy birthday. Maybe Abe can get you in touch with one of these big spenders and they can get you something nice. me, I try to keep up on the forum birthdays for the thread. But you gotta put it on you profile.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Wow those are some prices!

God i struggled getting out of bed this morning, and it was sunny too. Didn't help that i got a hell of a lot of abuse from some school kids on my walk to work today, and just for reading a book! Now i'm 6'5" tall with a lot of hair and a bit of a beard, i thought i would look intimidating, but some kids just don't care. I stood up to them though, didn't want to take any shit from them ... might walk a different way tomorrow

Comment

Good lord, Tom! How old are these "kids"? I've got a mental picture of some six year olds making fun of you for not watching where you're going. Just throw a booger curse on them and go on your way.

"Pick 'em out,
                      Roll 'em out,
                      Flick 'em at a friend.
                      7 seven years
                      Of bad luck for you
                      In the end!."

But certianly don't take another route t owork!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I would say they are 14/15 as the secondary school isn't far from my house! I just don't understand the logic of these kids, (i wouldn't) but what if i was someone to just turn around and smack one in the head? I was never brought up to act like that!

Comment

Well, Tom, seriously, yuou can't let them get to you. Just keep doing your own thing and ignore 'em. Maybe laugh at yourself along with them. That always worked for me. Eventually these hooligans will leave you alone.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yeah i guess you are right, I still might walk an alternate route for the next 2 days (i'm off on friday yay) to let things cool down because with my nerves i am apt to snap and do something i will regret.

On a happier not though i finished another story last week and got a good review from a friend last night

Comment

Great! Keep on chugging! "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..."
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Buy a taser and spark it at them next time. They'll go running off and probably need a change of underwear.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X