No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if jeffingoff saw this post on Facebook and Twitter last night?

20200118_073329.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
      I wonder if jeffingoff saw this post on Facebook and Twitter last night?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21890[/ATTACH]
      Sweet merciful crap! What does Bentley have on King? What photos are sitting in some Arizona safe deposit box that King absolutely does not want to get out? Because seriously!

Though I will agree that Little is in his own genre: horrible nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Sweet merciful crap! What does Bentley have on King? What photos are sitting in some Arizona safe deposit box that King absolutely does not want to get out? Because seriously!

Though I will agree that Little is in his own genre: horrible nonsense.
        King likes good authors. One day Jeff you will to.

Comment

So on Wednesday I allegedly received my CD grab bag. It was delivered to the wrong address and I still haven’t seen it. Post office has been no help so far. Tuesday I’m going to speak with the Postmaster. There is a first time for everything and this is the first time I’ve had something like this happen. Now I understand people’s frustration with the post office. I’m sure things will workout but man......at least I got a copy of Red Dragon ordered today

Comment

I saw King's tweet yesterday and I had to chuckle, thinking of Jeff's sense of utter betrayal by one of his favorite authors.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Hope it gets sorted out. What a bummer.

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              So on Wednesday I allegedly received my CD grab bag. It was delivered to the wrong address and I still haven’t seen it. Post office has been no help so far. Tuesday I’m going to speak with the Postmaster. There is a first time for everything and this is the first time I’ve had something like this happen. Now I understand people’s frustration with the post office. I’m sure things will workout but man......at least I got a copy of Red Dragon ordered today
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Jeff actually loves Bentley Little. He is just messing with us!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Jeff actually loves Bentley Little. He is just messing with us!
                  Let's all get our old Suntup boxes, put Bentley Little books in them (a copy of The Ignored, perhaps?), and send them to Jeff so he can do unboxing videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                    Let's all get our old Suntup boxes, put Bentley Little books in them (a copy of The Ignored, perhaps?), and send them to Jeff so he can do unboxing videos.
                    One book per box limit.

Comment

That is unfortunate, hopefully things get resolved quickly!

Comment

King spoke highly of Tudor as well and Jeff kicked her to the curb like old news.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          King spoke highly of Tudor as well and Jeff kicked her to the curb like old news.
                          I think King is using his fame to help give other authors a boost. He knows his reputation is established and it won’t slow his sales so there’s very little risk to using the power of the spotlight to give a young author a big break. I think it’s a great thing to do. But I’ve stopped buying books that King recommends right after trying to slug my way through Red Moon.

Comment

I think King is using his fame to help give other authors a boost. He knows his reputation is established and it won’t slow his sales so there’s very little risk to using the power of the spotlight to give a young author a big break. I think it’s a great thing to do. But I’ve stopped buying books that King recommends right after trying to slug my way through Red Moon.
                            I think that's what it's all about as well.

Comment

I agree. I don't look for picks that SK recommends anymore. I did this multiple times and ended up with books I did not enjoy at all.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Note that King is endorsing a book that he hasn't even read yet. He just moved it "to the top of the pile".

Comment

Working...
                                X