Page 202 of 202 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202
Results 4,021 to 4,027 of 4027

Thread: Random thoughts...

Devourer of Worlds Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    This is the second one I have had wander off lately. Update. FedEx has handed the package off to USPS and the delivery date is once again the 26th.
    I've seen FedEx delay packages to arrive on the original scheduled delivery date in the event it got somewhere sooner. It's frustrating to see something arrive early, but then only see it sit at the local hub and not be delivered until the original date.

Also, you said your FedEx was passed to USPS - Smartpost or whatever? All delivery estimates go out the window when that happens. Using USPS for the last mile (especially for residential deliveries) adds a whole other wrinkle to delivery estimates.

Senior Member Get a Life, why don'tcha! bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    It's a dangerous slip on my part. I need to stay focused on books! And I'm glad you weren't a jackass like me and you ordered more than one.
    If not for you saying that you wished you bought more than one J probably would have just bought the one. I love bookmarks. I have a huge collection and this is a very cool and unique one. I also purchased the King collecting first editions book. Only 5.95 plus a sticker.

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I've seen FedEx delay packages to arrive on the original scheduled delivery date in the event it got somewhere sooner. It's frustrating to see something arrive early, but then only see it sit at the local hub and not be delivered until the original date.

Also, you said your FedEx was passed to USPS - Smartpost or whatever? All delivery estimates go out the window when that happens. Using USPS for the last mile (especially for residential deliveries) adds a whole other wrinkle to delivery estimates.
    USPS in this case is about the last 175 miles. Funny thing is I received notification from USPS that I will have it today. Regarding Smartpost the third and final FedEx facility in Kent was listed as FedEx Smartpost when the previous had just said FedEx Facility. After I saw it was handed off to USPS I looked up Smartpost and saw that is handles those transactions. Glad it is with USPS and hope it was not damaged with the multiple loading. unloading stops.
    Last edited by Martin; 05-23-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Devourer of Worlds Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    USPS in this case is about the last 175 miles. Funny thing is I received notification from USPS that I will have it today. Regarding Smartpost the third and final FedEx facility in Kent was listed as FedEx Smartpost when the previous had just said FedEx Facility. After I saw it was handed off to USPS I looked up Smartpost and saw that is handles those transactions. Glad it is with USPS and hope it was not damaged with the multiple loading/.unloading stops/
    It's truly amazing to me that anything shows up at times.

Wanderer of the Todash Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    So thanks to Jeff's latest in boxing video I now have on order 2 bookmarks and a book.
    Very cool and 2 more bookmarks ordered thanks to Jeff’s video. I just couldn’t pass up the chance to stare at Mr. King every time I’m reading one of his books.

Wanderer of the Todash Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    USPS in this case is about the last 175 miles. Funny thing is I received notification from USPS that I will have it today. Regarding Smartpost the third and final FedEx facility in Kent was listed as FedEx Smartpost when the previous had just said FedEx Facility. After I saw it was handed off to USPS I looked up Smartpost and saw that is handles those transactions. Glad it is with USPS and hope it was not damaged with the multiple loading. unloading stops.
    I’ve had issues recently with Fed Ex also where there’s a delivery date and ultimately that day passes and it becomes pending. Eventually it usually shows up a day or two later so nothing near as bad as your issues so it’s likely a regional problem. I’m really lucky to have a great local USPS office as I’ve rarely had an issue and my regular carrier takes extra care with packages especially when the weather is bad. So I really don’t mind when things are delivered USPS even though it could take a day or two longer but I sometimes feel bad when I have packages delivered days in a row and I don’t give them a break getting out of their truck.

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeStegs View Post
    I’ve had issues recently with Fed Ex also where there’s a delivery date and ultimately that day passes and it becomes pending. Eventually it usually shows up a day or two later so nothing near as bad as your issues so it’s likely a regional problem. I’m really lucky to have a great local USPS office as I’ve rarely had an issue and my regular carrier takes extra care with packages especially when the weather is bad. So I really don’t mind when things are delivered USPS even though it could take a day or two longer but I sometimes feel bad when I have packages delivered days in a row and I don’t give them a break getting out of their truck.
    My local USPS service is fantastic. I have had a few packages take the scenic route to me but once they reach my local post office I receive the item the next delivery day. Regarding Jeff's new bookmark. I actually ordered this a few days ago and never thought to mention them here. I am not on Facebook and found them when I went to look at Mr. Kane's photo cards. And by the way, his guide to King first editions is a bargain at $5.95.

The mailman brought my wayward package to my door and it has arrived. Unfortunately I must wait until August for the other half of this order.

Here is the site to order the bookmark or King guide:
    https://lightbox-photography-cards.m...ollections/all